Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? (474 Views)

Peter Obi: We Will Decongest Lagos Seaport And Move To Other Seaports / FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? by ScamHunter: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2022
But not good enough for commercial seaport. This is why no one should vote for business as usual.

Vote right
Vote with your conscience
Don't vote crooks
Re: So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? by Igbodicool(m): 9:03am On Aug 19, 2022
We did it because we don't want Igbo to take over our seaports.

2 Likes

Re: So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? by Aphrygian(m): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2022
Jonathan was president for 5yrs,yet could not make those ports viable, was it not last week a topic made on the low patronage the eastern airports are recieving from easterners, I thought easterners why shouting to high heavens on how they will turn the muritala airport to a redundant one when the Enugu airports where constructed .....the viability of the southwest is what is staring at you guys in the eye

4 Likes

Re: So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? by SmartPolician: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2022
The biggest challenge with the Eastern seaports is piracy. Rotimi Amaechi made that abundantly clear.

If you travel around the waters of Niger Delta and that of Lagos (I do that a lot), you will notice a significant difference. There are lots of marine police flying boats navigating across the waters of Niger Delta. On the flip side, you rarely see those in Lagos waters. That's because Lagos waters are not troubled.

No serious shipping company will use pirate-ridden waters when they have safer alternatives for achieving the same goal. The implication is that you rarely see cargo vessels going to Onne, Calabar and Warri seaports. Although local politics may be another factor, piracy is the major problem of using those ports.

Know this and know peace...

PS: I won't reply unreasonable mentions.

6 Likes

Re: So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? by Panda7(m): 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2022
if nigeria is divided into two parts it will foster development

1 Like

Re: So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? by DOTian: 2:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
How about the Eastern minorities that are totally happy with providing pipeline security for the same forces that have turned their ports inactive for years? Meanwhile Niger Delta politicians are busy brandishing their socalled "political pact" with their "northern allies"! Take it or leave, the fact remains that the most confused set of Nigerians are the Eastern minorities and this is because the so called Niger Delta as a political blok doesn't exist. They seldom agree..Even the northern minorities are more organized than them.
Re: So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? by LegendHero(m): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2022
Jonathan was there for 5 years, what did he do?

Lagos through Tinubu (Lekki Free Trade Zone) looked for investors in building a private port and now that’s a reality in Lekki port with the state government having stakes in it.

With the money states in the SS receives from the center, they should be able to do something closer to that but as usual let’s all blame Lagos for cornering everything like Lagos is the FG.

3 Likes

Re: So SS Seaports Are Only Good For Crude Oil And Gas? by ScamHunter: 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2022
SmartPolician:
The biggest challenge with the Eastern seaports is piracy. Rotimi Amaechi made that abundantly clear.

If you travel around the waters of Niger Delta and that of Lagos (I do that a lot), you will notice a significant difference. There are lots of marine police flying boats navigating across the waters of Niger Delta. On the flip side, you rarely see those in Lagos waters. That's because Lagos waters are not troubled.

No serious shipping company will use pirate-ridden waters when they have safer alternatives for achieving the same goal. The implication is that you rarely see cargo vessels going to Onne, Calabar and Warri seaports. Although local politics may be another factor, piracy is the major problem of using those ports.

Know this and know peace...

PS: I won't reply unreasonable mentions.

But oil tankers dare the socalled pirate infested waters? When did the southern coast become Somalia that cargo ships dread? I think Amaechi was not being truthful.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Urchins Are Hereby Advised To Get Pain Killers Now. / You Can't Carry My Bag, Peter Tells Desperate Fan In Germany / An Open Letter To Mr. Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.