Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,034 members, 7,838,585 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

ASUU Working Against Nigerian Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Working Against Nigerian Students (150 Views)

Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities / Hurricane Maria In Dominican: Buhari Orders Evacuation Of Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Working Against Nigerian Students by Elistho(m): 9:30am On Aug 19, 2022
It's another day for you to know this. On the issue of the ongoing ASUU strike, I'll like you to know that ASUU is currently fighting for their pockets to the detriment of Nigerian students.

"IF" the federal government has obliged to sign all necessary agreements and to increase salary and ASUU as a body still insists on payment of arrears salary then it is outrageous, inimical, and condescending to the good name of Nigerian students.

ASUU once told Nigerian students to sacrifice even two years for the future and unborn generations, we've done that with our future, our house rents, our time, our resources.

Why are they so greedy to forfeit and also sacrifice as well? Pay them a salary for what? The one they worked for? The one they've been idle for the past six months? Who does that?

If I were the key leader up to this particular negotiation stage, I tell you that the next step I would have taken would be woo, a sack will do.

ASUU has deviated from its objectives. Whatever, I forgot it's a pressure group... All things are for their good, not for others.

Government is corrupt, yes. Resources are being swindled, yes. Senators earn a large sum of monies, yes. But if you were opportune to be there, you would do worst, hypocrisy.

Nigerian politics is open to everyone, there's level playing ground. A lecturer that isn't satisfied with teaching and wants to venture into partisan politics for money should do so, no qualms, no chaos.

FG should fulfill all promises, sign all agreements and pay lecturers the amount they owed Before the strike. But you see that 6 months' salary? No, it shouldn't be paid. The economy is retrogressing and one greedy organization wouldn't be allowed to heighten things.

Currently, ASUU as a body is deviating, selfish and greedy.

This is dedicated to all good and RATIONAL Nigerian students.♥️

Please share or repost.

Coined from Facebook.
19/08/2022.
© Elisha Thompson.

Re: ASUU Working Against Nigerian Students by Youngwiz71(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2022
I totally and absolutely agree with this piece, FG are corrupt I agree but they should not drop shi shi for any arears payment

(1) (Reply)

Check Our: Why International Students Should Consider Education In The Us | How / Classroom Engagement Tricks / Ats Exam Countdown .... 28 Days To Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.