Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

How Sleepiness Robbed My Colleague Of A Life-changing Scholarship Opportunity - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Sleepiness Robbed My Colleague Of A Life-changing Scholarship Opportunity (355 Views)

My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Sleepiness Robbed My Colleague Of A Life-changing Scholarship Opportunity by VictorGlory: 10:49am On Aug 19, 2022
Before now, my mantra when giving any opportunity a headshot has always been: "Even if I don't win, at least I gave it a trial."

While I envelop my thoughts into this, I also bear in mind that nobody succeeds at almost. So the goal is always to give my best in everything I do and also to succeed in them.

Recently my colleague and I enrolled in a Data Analytics Scholarship program organized by Dataleum and after scaling through the first phase of the selection process. We were selected to take a 10-minute test which was held this Wednesday around 12:00 pm - 12:10 pm.

About an hour before the scheduled test, I called to check on him, and to remind him of the test. He told me he was more than ready and can't wait to break a leg.

So while he was anticipating the test like Nigerians are waiting for the 2023 presidential election result; he decided to take a nap and he slept off like Samson, allowing Delilah to rob him blindly.

When he woke up, it was too late! The test portal was closed and no miracle could make his entry possible. The scholarship offer is worth about 50k if he has to purchase it, and it comes with some side chick benefits too.

I don't know if truly opportunity comes but once, but I think only a professional and experienced comforter can solace this my colleague.

Re: How Sleepiness Robbed My Colleague Of A Life-changing Scholarship Opportunity by aylive02(m): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2022
grin

(1) (Reply)

Working In Cross River. / Area Sales Manager / How Can I Bring My Bussiness To Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.