Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? (459 Views)

Tinubu Arrives Benin City For The APC Presidential Rally Scheduled For Thursday / Lagos State Police Stops Yoruba Nation Rally Scheduled For Saturday / Rear Admiral IO Mohammed, Seaman Haruna Goshit Scheduled For Public Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by Raregem9000(m): 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2022
Just yesterday, i read that FG spends #18.397 Billions on petrol subsidy daily. Here's the link to the story in case you missed it. https://www.nairaland.com/7288294/ahmed-zainab-fg-spends-18.397#115832494.

Below is my own thought on subsidy and you can educate me if i'm not getting things right here.

If FG Spends ₦18.397 Billion On Petrol Subsidy Daily, that means in a month, they spend roughly 570billion naira in a month. You can do the calculation there too.

Is it not possible for FG to strike a deal with we citizens on removing subsidy for like 2-3 months while we use the huge money to repair our refineries? I'm just wondering.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by Raregem9000(m): 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by saintopus(m): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2022
Because of the fraud associated with subsidy that option will not happen instead they will likely wish to punish the next president with the burden of paying subsidy and it's implications on the public.

The ideal thing is total deregulation of the downstream oil sector.

But that will never happen because of politics
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by 4teenblaq: 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
This government is clueless, don't even expect they to reason with you.

I know GEJ government was corrupt but not up to this level.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2022
My thought is this, that means, people will pay more for fuel.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by iSense247: 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2022
My thought is that, for how many times will clueless Buhari remove fuel subsidy? For the past seven years, is there a year he didn't remove fuel subsidy? It seems I'm more confused than Buhari.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by SmartPolician: 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
It was long overdue. However, what we don't know is if it's partial or total removal.

I see the next president reversing this decision and implementing partial removal.

Nigerians will really suffer if the government totally remove the PMS subsidy
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by Blue3k(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
Lol its nonsense like usual. If You schedule actions for when you're out of office just means you don't have the balls to do it. The better question to ask is if the major candidates will reverse his policy.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by Herdsmen: 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2022
Economy is bad .. removing subsidy now means extreme hardship for Nigerians ..

Apc is clueless and evil

Fix the economy.. removal of subsidy with dollar above 600 Na die.

Power to the people.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by Gracepikin33333(m): 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
Bro, as he be so, my thought na to jakpa oo
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by RZArecta(m): 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2022
How many times are they going to remove only one subsidy ? I asked years ago how this government could say it has completely removed fuel subsidy yet PPPRA is still in existence but trust Nigerians not to ask or understand pertinent questions. Now the economy is completely destroyed, no savings and purchasing power of the ordinary man has been completely destroyed again. Now they want to finally remove the subsidy that they've completely removed before when the common man can't even afford anything in the market these days
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by Zandena(f): 8:46pm On Aug 19, 2022
That's a booby trap for the next government!
That will mark the beginning of labour, CSOs crisis with the would-be government which will have spent just few days after assuming office. The present government will now look like saint.
It's going to be interesting!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Scheduled For Next Year? by Blue3k(m): 2:26pm On May 02, 2023
Blue3k:
Lol its nonsense like usual. If You schedule actions for when you're out of office just means you don't have the balls to do it. The better question to ask is if the major candidates will reverse his policy.

Lol called it. Now Buhari is delaying for Tinubu. The only question worth asking is if Tinubu is weak like Buhari and Jonathan.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: The Reason Peter Obi Clapped For Kasim Shettima Immaculate Revelation / 2023: PDP NWC Endorses Peter Obi / Why Tinubu Should Apologize To Jonathan To Win Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.