Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,811 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

My Front Gear Doesn't Engage Always - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Front Gear Doesn't Engage Always (393 Views)

My Car Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D ) / Why Do Some Car Dealers Engage In Fake Custom Clearance Documents? / 2008 Registered Black Nissan Murano. 1 Yr Written Warranty on Gear -800k- SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Front Gear Doesn't Engage Always by Jodasy: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
Good gurus. I am having issues with the front gear of my HONDA DC car. I usually leave my house every morning using back (revise ) but as soon as I return it to D (drive),the car finds it hard to engage until after a series of firing ,Though it will eventually move but there is always a delay. I went to work with it and after the days work, I went straight to my car and as usual it refused to enter gear but after a little frustration it later engaged. I have taken it to different mechanics and they are all saying different things. PLEASE WHAT DO I DO.? Am I to buy a new gear?
Re: My Front Gear Doesn't Engage Always by kingreign(m): 1:14am On Aug 20, 2022
Jodasy:
Good gurus. I am having issues with the front gear of my HONDA DC car. I usually leave my house every morning using back (revise ) but as soon as I return it to D (drive),the car finds it hard to engage until after a series of firing ,Though it will eventually move but there is always a delay. I went to work with it and after the days work, I went straight to my car and as usual it refused to enter gear but after a little frustration it later engaged. I have taken it to different mechanics and they are all saying different things. PLEASE WHAT DO I DO.? Am I to buy a new gear?

Get another gearbox

2 Likes

Re: My Front Gear Doesn't Engage Always by AmgMakanaki(m): 2:37am On Aug 20, 2022
Gearbox maintainace
Re: My Front Gear Doesn't Engage Always by Thefarmer3: 4:55am On Aug 20, 2022
Jodasy:

Check the gear oil level, be sure it's not low
Re: My Front Gear Doesn't Engage Always by chibatov(m): 5:41am On Aug 20, 2022
Change the fluid asap
I want to believe the reverse gear does the same thing since it's a cold start?
I nor know why mechanic matter de always be like dis. They know what is wrong with it. They are waiting for you to call them to come and tow vehicle. I
Re: My Front Gear Doesn't Engage Always by Jodasy: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2022
chibatov:
Change the fluid asap
I want to believe the reverse gear does the same thing since it's a cold start?
I nor know why mechanic matter de always be like dis. They know what is wrong with it. They are waiting for you to call them to come and tow vehicle. I
exactly but thank 5bro
Re: My Front Gear Doesn't Engage Always by Jodasy: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2022
Thefarmer3:

Check the gear oil level, be sure it's not low
. I think the level is ok. I will change the gear oil. I just bought the car. There may b need to change it

(1) (Reply)

Sold!Urgent!!! 2007 Clean Registered Odyssey@1.5m / Foreign Used 04 Carmy / Foreign Used Honda Accord 2009 In Osun At 3.5M 07063789912

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.