Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed (41314 Views)

The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) / Andy Ruiz: Anthony Joshua Is Not Good At Boxing And 'I Will Beat Him In Rematch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Tdave01: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2022
Let me go and bet on AJ, if he burn my money I go sha know say him collect better beating grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Snapchat: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2022
tremilatre:
Everyone is saying AJ for the win, c'mon guys, don't be sentimental.

So the people of Ukraine can support Ukraine but Nigerians can’t support Joshua?. Joshua is representing our country and according to you, we are not supposed to be sentimental. Abeg getat.

4 Likes

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by dopedealer(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2022
Pls I want to watch it live. Which station would be showing it

1 Like

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Chris2863(m): 7:50am On Aug 20, 2022
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Unfortunately for Joshua, Usyk is one of the best boxers in years.

He's in fact the best active boxer presently in my opinion.

Joshua should have come to Ijebu Ode for magic ring (aluwo)

He can't win. .... sadly. I hope he gets lucky with an unexpected knockout.
agent of darkness

2 Likes

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by judedwriter(m): 7:51am On Aug 20, 2022
Joshua will win smiley

He's much stronger than usyk.

Likely by another unanimous decision.

2 Likes

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by NeckingNgulping(m): 7:54am On Aug 20, 2022
tremilatre:

cheesy grin grin abeg don't crack me up jare, all AJ would see is the lifeless Buhari and his morale would just die. If you said he would be motivated by getting lucky with DJ Cuppy, maybe I for reason am but we know that women have been the downfall of many great men.
Just to let you know broh, I have not seen a Nigerian in the diaspora who is motivated by motherland, at the first chance we get, we collect passport of another country, including yours sincerely.
Usyk had the chance to japa during the war, but he returned home to fight. That's patriotism.
Now ask all your friends abroad which of them would return home to vote, I bet none.
There lies the de-motivation.

As an optimist, i can boldly tell you that Nigeria would get better. There's sunshine after the rain. Mind you, there are Nigerians at home here and abroad that are ready to take bullets in defense of this country. And they'll show it when the need arises. It only gets worse when one has a mentality that shows they careless about the plight of the nation.

I don't know if I'm derailing this thread or I'm confused, but i believe AJ will win.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by BlackPantherxXx: 7:54am On Aug 20, 2022
Chris2863:
agent of darkness

Get a brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Brushstrokes20: 7:59am On Aug 20, 2022
Well deserved!
Go joshua go!
You've done it before...
And you can DO IT AGAIN! cool

Best of luck bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Streetmovement(m): 7:59am On Aug 20, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

This money sha
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Fearyourcreator: 8:02am On Aug 20, 2022
tremilatre:

My brother, thats why he lost. The challenger should fight to the strength of the champion.
AJ has a heavy and deadly punch, thats what he was banking on, 1 deadly punch to knock Usyk out unfortunately, Usyk was too fit and quick on his feet.
Now he wants to fight inside, not a very good move. He has a long reach, fighting inside is for those with short reach. He is making this change because he isn't fast on his feet. If he was, he would keep Usyk at bay with his reach while wearing his out with ring movement.
All the best to AJ.
AJ was trying to box the first match not trying to go for any knockout ...
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Fearyourcreator: 8:03am On Aug 20, 2022
Mokason288:

Can you put your money on AJ ?
Why not ...
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Nawttiboi007(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2022
I have to quote you cos I’ll want to remind you after the bout when AJ triumph
tremilatre:
Everyone is saying AJ for the win, c'mon guys, don't be sentimental. I think Usyk would win via TKO on or before 8th round.
I have followed the build up and I am worried AJ is just in it or the money. Usyk is fighting with the emotion of the war on his shoulder, he is fighting for his soldiers, he has the country behind him, that is the biggest motivation any man could have. Do you know he paid for the viewing rights so the whole Ukraine could watch this bout free.
Joshua has added an extra 2 kg from the last bout. I was at Wembly last time, man was slow, now he has added a whole 2kg, thats not good when facing a South paw with quick feet. He banked on his deadly punch the last time but Usyk was too fit and quick.
Now AJ wants to fight inside shocked shocked , thats playing into Usyk's hands cos it nullifies his long reach.
Anyway, I hope I am wrong sha, but our ajebo Briton has the fight of his life on his gloves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Chris2863(m): 8:12am On Aug 20, 2022
BlackPantherxXx:

Get a brain.
shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Flamzey00(m): 8:13am On Aug 20, 2022
tremilatre:
Everyone is saying AJ for the win, c'mon guys, don't be sentimental. I think Usyk would win via TKO on or before 8th round.
I have followed the build up and I am worried AJ is just in it or the money. Usyk is fighting with the emotion of the war on his shoulder, he is fighting for his soldiers, he has the country behind him, that is the biggest motivation any man could have. Do you know he paid for the viewing rights so the whole Ukraine could watch this bout free.
Joshua has added an extra 2 kg from the last bout. I was at Wembly last time, man was slow, now he has added a whole 2kg, thats not good when facing a South paw with quick feet. He banked on his deadly punch the last time but Usyk was too fit and quick.
Now AJ wants to fight inside shocked shocked , thats playing into Usyk's hands cos it nullifies his long reach.
Anyway, I hope I am wrong sha, but our ajebo Briton has the fight of his life on his gloves.

1 bottle of Hennessey for you brov lol U sabi analysis. It's not about being a Nigerian or because AJ is a fellow Nigerian, it's about speaking fact. I wish Aj well in this rematch but it's gonna be a tough one for Aj. Usyk is a beast ��

1 Like

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by BlackPantherxXx: 8:14am On Aug 20, 2022
Chris2863:
shut up

Get a fairly used one. You badly need one
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Krismas(m): 8:17am On Aug 20, 2022
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Unfortunately for Joshua, Usyk is one of the best boxers in years.

He's in fact the best active boxer presently in my opinion.

Joshua should have come to Ijebu Ode for magic ring (aluwo)

He can't win. .... sadly. I hope he gets lucky with an unexpected knockout.
grin Never say NEVER
Usyk is actually the best boxer alive today.
Nevertheless boxing is a sport where the best have been known to be beaten. e.g Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson etc. Usyk is human, he can lose too
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by BlackPantherxXx: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2022
Krismas:
grin Never say NEVER
Usyk is actually the best boxer alive today.
Nevertheless boxing is a sport where the best have been known to be beaten. e.g Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson etc. Usyk is human, he can lose too

That's why I mentioned the lucky knock-out. Last sentence.

1 Like

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Glocal1: 8:24am On Aug 20, 2022
judedwriter:
Joshua will win smiley

He's much stronger than usyk.

Likely by another unanimous decision.
A.J can never win Usyk on points, someone that was never defeated in cruiserweight and just 3 fights in heavyweight has become a unified champion.

Joshua has to win by stoppage, anything aside that would result in another loss which is catastrophic for his boxing career.

We need to see the AJ that beats klitchko, that would take punches, even gets knocked down but still gets up and keeps fighting till he knocks out his opponent.

3 Likes

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by beejay85: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2022
Mokason288:

Can you put your money on AJ ?
Yes....not only me be sure Drake would bank a light mill ($1m) on AJ as he did with Isreal Adesanya cool
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by minasu190: 8:39am On Aug 20, 2022
Usyk will beat Anthony Joshua black and blue

1 Like

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Jobola1: 8:40am On Aug 20, 2022
tremilatre:

We should wait n see d fight today. what nonsense technical ability is everyone talking that Usyk has if not A.J was fooling around? It's a f*cking heavyweight division, take Ur technical bullshit to the welterweight...he is no Mike Tyson.

Person wey him suppose use two combo kill, he kept dancing around d ring with him for 12 rounds. Usyk can't even take body shots sef. Allow d guy do his dancing, n wait for him with loaded punches.
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Voiceofthestree: 8:42am On Aug 20, 2022
I pray AJ win this.... They are many Nigeria Sport men outside there that they are doing greatly good. Please also remember to give back to the society especially Nigeria wher you nah come from make you nah deh do something for the poor masses here too people way deh always support you nah..... See what Drogba and Maine as been doing back in their home country I was so surprised when I see the Free Hospital that Maine build for his community you guys you are making it big and God is with you guys over there pls always remember the poor masses here many people die in Nigeria just because they lack foods give children’s scholarships, build sport complex they are many AJ junior also out here that need to discover themself please our sportsmen and women’s let look into this Nah Nigeria woman go collect world best female player ooo they are many great sport men and woman outside there who are Nigeria earnings billions please give back to the poor people here they support you
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by BeanmanX(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2022
This won't be an easy fight,,,,may the best win
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Krismas(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2022
tremilatre:
grin U are wrong all thru
1. Usyk is not a knockout artist while Anthony is.
2. Anthony is NOT in it for money.
His entire career, legacy, self worth is at stake. If he loses, his career maybe OVER
3. All Ukraine will not get into the ring to fight for Usyk wen the bell rings on Saturday nite. Its one on one.
4. Anthony added 2kg? Usyk added 15kg! Which is more?
5. How did long reach help Anthony the first time? Fighting from inside will nullify Usyk’s reach and mobility IF Anthony can keep it up. Only problem here is dat Anthony tires easily. He has stamina issues
6. grin U are all wrong

2 Likes

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Krismas(m): 8:53am On Aug 20, 2022
Jobola1:

We should wait n see d fight today. what nonsense technical ability is everyone talking that Usyk has if not A.J was fooling around? It's a f*cking heavyweight division, take Ur technical bullshit to the welterweight...he is no Mike Tyson.

Person wey him suppose use two combo kill, he kept dancing around d ring with him for 12 rounds. Usyk can't even take body shots sef. Allow d guy do his dancing, n wait for him with loaded punches.

grin 2 combo? Go watch Usyk v Artur Beterbiev grin
Beterbiev Is a monster. 100% knockout ratio. He knock Usyk down with a vicious blow to the trunk. Usyk got up from the mat and won the fight. So don’t believe Usyk is a softy
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by crazygod(m): 9:02am On Aug 20, 2022
dopedealer:
Pls I want to watch it live. Which station would be showing it
NTA. tongue
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Krismas(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2022
ghettokid1:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/19/usyk-vs-joshua-prize-money-for-both-boxers-in-rematch-revealed/
grin grin grin LOL
The moral of this story is that WINNING GOOD O!
In the first fight Usyk had with Anthony Joshua, he only earned $4.5m while Anthony took away $17m
But because Usyk won that fight, he is going to get $40m for rematch, same as Anthony.
If Anthony loses yet again, he will get $4.5m to get a third fight with Usyk grin
Winning is good. The more u win, the more u earn

1 Like

Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Jobola1: 9:12am On Aug 20, 2022
Krismas:
grin 2 combo? Go watch Usyk v Artur Beterbiev grin
Beterbiev Is a monster. 100% knockout ratio. He knock Usyk down with a vicious blow to the trunk. Usyk got up from the mat and won the fight. So don’t believe Usyk is a softy

Ahh, bros, u sef for check am well. The fight you are quoting happened when Usyk was 25. A whole 10 years later, u still believe one of the heaviest punchers in d division n put him to sleep? Joshua was fooling around, I couldn't recognise him in the first fight.

Wait for the Mofo, take him out.
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by naijapikin2(m): 9:25am On Aug 20, 2022
I beg make buhari no call am o.... Please..
And if buhari calls, Joshua don't pick.
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Krismas(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Where is Joshua going? The difference is that while usyk was fighting in the war front, Joshua was chilling in the UK
grin Usyk NEVER fought in any war front.
He was chilling out in an underground bunker all dat time and if not for National criticism about him living in a training camp in Poland outside Ukraine during a war, he wud not have gone back to Ukraine to begin with
Re: Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed by Horokrox: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2022
jimetagambo:
Big man things.

To the people that love converting money, that is
27.4 Billion Naira each.

Maybe Usyk would donate some of his earnings to support the war effort in his home country of Ukraine.
It's not his business with the so-called war by his comic president Zelensky lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) / UCL Round Of 16 Re-draw: Live Updates. / Kanu Nwankwo & His Wife, Amara Step Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.