Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm (202 Views)

Omoni Oboli Cries Out, Calls On INEC To Allow Them Cast Their Vote At VGC / Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? / Bandits' Leaders Force Zamfara Farmers To Work On Their Farms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by oshozondii: 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2022
- Say they have lost N30bn - N50bn on commodities in seven years

Farmers in Zamfara state are set to meet with leaders of bandits in the state to negotiate with them so that they will allow them to farm as well as to offer protection to the thousands of farmers who are ready to farm in this year’s farming season.

This was disclosed by the spokesman of the All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN) Abdulhafiz Alkali in an interview with newsmen in Gusau at the weekend.

Alkali maintained that they have concluded arrangements to meet with the bandits.

According to him, the present stand of AFAN was informed by the nonchalant attitude of the Federal Government who seemed to have abandoned them to their fate and jettisoned any idea of providing security for farmers.

“What I know about protection with the farmers is just the negotiation between the bandits and the farmers. I am living in Zamfara State now. I know that there will be a meeting by this coming Saturday between the farmers and the bandits.

“We lost a lot of things in Zamfara State. We sent letters to the Federal Government to secure us five years ago after complaining that the bandits were disturbing us.

“We needed the intervention of the Federal Government but it never came. What we lost in the past seven to six years is between N30bn to N50bn on commodities only.

“Many people from different countries and states used to come to the Dansadua axis to buy commodities to the tune of over N50b in a year, but now, in a year, we get less than N2bn to N3bn.

“In Zamfara State, the commodities business was worth over N200bn to N300bn, but these bandits have interrupted the business.

To this end, “We wrote letters, we complained, but up till now, no response from the Federal Government.”

However, when contacted about the development, the State Police command spokesperson, SP Muhammed Shehu remarked they are not aware of the development.

“Am not aware that farmers are meeting bandits. But all I know is that the police in collaboration with the military have taken security measures to save guard farmlands to ensure farmers go to their farmlands and farm without any attack, without any threat from bandits.

“That is why the farmers are currently able to go to their farms. So, we are working tirelessly with other security agencies and vigilantes, he declared.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/zamfara-farmers-set-to-negotiate-with-bandits-to-allow-them-to-farm/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by SadiqBabaSani: 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
imagine coming from the Administration of a northerner
Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2022
What APC cannot destroy does not exist

Every sector of the economy is in total collapse under this satanic Government of APC

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by blazingblender(m): 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2022
This is it ...
Hello can I say something...
This is caused by bad leadership...
This bandits can be arrested in 24hrs manhunt .
But no.. their sponsors no go gree
Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
To that extent undecided
Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by Starwriters: 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2022
This is what insecurity has reduced them to. All facets of the economy is affected too.

Go out there and perform your civic duty. Tomorrow we buy the country we need and deserve.
Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by Floorbeat(f): 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
So farming now don enter negotiation?
Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by Obidient4life3: 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2022
What a shame.

Northern President
Northern Farmer
Northern Bandit
Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by Brainmytool: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2022
I love Nigeria
I love the Government of Nigeria
I love the Blessed People of Nigeria

But I would love and cherish a division more
Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by Coolsperm: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2022
Thank God my brain is intact and am not foolish, I can never support anything APC, not to talk of voting a useless old handshaking and about to RIP man called Tinubu
Re: Zamfara Farmers Set To Negotiate With Bandits To Allow Them To Farm by Fkmodhi: 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
I think that’s the best options though have been praying and fasting for his darling daddy to put an end to these ragtag bandits buh e be like say negotiations is the best option.

(1) (Reply)

The Voice Of One Crying In The Wilderness: On Obedience(2) / Peter Obi Speaking At The NBA Conference In Lagos (Video) / Nidcom Restates Commitment On Diaspora Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.