Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,267 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

My “Se Idi Bebere” Is Nigeria Not Tinubu, Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My “Se Idi Bebere” Is Nigeria Not Tinubu, Obasanjo (407 Views)

Tinubu, Obasanjo Meet At Uzodimma's Swearing-In Ceremony (Picture) / Rasak Okoya 80th Birthday: Tinubu, Obasanjo, Sanwo-Olu, Osoba, Hamzat Spotted / ... YORUBA RONU ....Omo Eni Onise Idi Bebere Ka Fi Ileke Si Idi Omo Elomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My “Se Idi Bebere” Is Nigeria Not Tinubu, Obasanjo by Oleys: 8:05am On Aug 21, 2022
Charly Boy visited former President Olusegun Obasanjo in Abeokuta some few days after the celebrated visit of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the APC Presidential candidate for the 2023 general election. Charly Boy said he’s the leader and the representative of frustrated Nigerian youths. He impressed it upon Obasanjo that many Nigerians have lost hopes and dissatisfied with the present situations of the country. He went further to ask Obasnjo’s fatherly advise

Obasanjo replied that he’s the father of frustrated Nigerian youths. Quoting the popular Yoruba adage: “Omo eni ko ni se idi bebere ka fi ileke si idi elomiran”. He translated it in English meaning ” You will not have a child that has a well rounded buttock and put the bead on the bum of another child. Obasanjo said Nigeria is his well rounded bum

This popular adage is the slogan of Yoruba in the south west to support Tinubu a prominent Yoruba leader aspiring to be President.

With this statement Obasanjo is more concerned about the welfare and interest of Nigeria and Nigerians rather than supporting or rooting for Tinubu

For the time being, this statement by Obasanjo puts an end to the rumours making the rounds that Obasanjo is supporting Tinubu’s bid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOCBT4TBj2I

https://olumuyiwa.com.ng/2022/08/21/my-se-idi-bebere-is-nigeria-not-tinubu-obasanjo-video/

(1) (Reply)

Our Leaders Are The One's Corrupt And Have Destroyed Nigeria - Peter Obi / Wike To Amaechi, Respect Yourself Or I Will Expose You (video) / Chief Olusegun Obasanjo On Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.