Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,209 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) (744 Views)

See The Shocking Note , The Man Who Broke My Side Mirror Placed On My Windscreen / How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? / Honda Accord (EOD)2005 Gear Disengage While Still On Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) by Jodasy: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2022
Good gurus. I am having issues with the front gear of my HONDA DC car. I usually leave my house every morning using back (revise ) but as soon as I return it to D (drive),the car finds it hard to engage until after a series of firing ,Though it will eventually move but there is always a delay. I went to work with it and after the days work, I went straight to my car and as usual it refused to enter gear but after a little frustration it later engaged. I have taken it to different mechanics and they are all saying different things. PLEASE WHAT DO I DO.? Am I to buy a new gear?
Re: My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) by Dozieson(m): 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2022
Jodasy:

Good gurus. I am having issues with the front gear of my HONDA DC car. I usually leave my house every morning using back (revise ) but as soon as I return it to D (drive),the car finds it hard to engage until after a series of firing ,Though it will eventually move but there is always a delay. I went to work with it and after the days work, I went straight to my car and as usual it refused to enter gear but after a little frustration it later engaged. I have taken it to different mechanics and they are all saying different things. PLEASE WHAT DO I DO.? Am I to buy a new gear?

Scan the car or change the gear
Re: My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) by louken(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2022
Your gear is about to park up. It will leave you stranded one day.
Re: My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) by Pelicanmedia: 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
Check your Gear shift sensor or exchanger as local mechanics call it. If the drive light is blinking or not showing most time, it delays. Happen to my EOD. Only this was changed

Re: My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) by Femiii: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2022
Pelicanmedia:
Check your Gear shift sensor or exchanger as local mechanics call it. If the drive light is blinking or not showing most time, it delays. Happen to my EOD. Only this was changed
this looks like neutral safety switch
Re: My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) by Jodasy: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2022
Pelicanmedia:
oh thank you bro for taking time to snap and for all your explanationsupport. Some times I see the light drifting from neutral to drive to d1 while i am driving
Re: My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) by Angrygoat: 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
Sell the car like that and buy corolla tokunbo

(1) (Reply)

Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem / Toyota Corolla Available For Sale. Giveaway Price / The Seven Most Powerful 4-cylinder Engines And The Cars Using Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.