Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever (45293 Views)

Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / Bishop Tom Samson And His Rolls Royce Phantom Pictured / Bishop Tom Samson Embarks On Road Rehabilitation In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by ericmor: 11:59am On Sep 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Story of Samson is arguably the most absurd story ever!!!!

Samson was a man given ultimate power by Yaweh but fell in the hands of Delilah to the philistines.

Delilah tried to get the deepest secret samson ever had, the secrets of his power...and the story went like this:

1st attempt: After much pressure, Samson gave Delilah a wrong answer "If they bind me with seven green withes that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man."

And behold the very next day, Samson was bound with seven green withes..

People tell me, even the most stupidest person in the world will realise at this point he has been betrayed, but dont laugh yet as there was attempt no 2

No 2: After the 1st failed, the strongest man had no clue his most precious secret has been given away by the only woman he told but went ahead to bow to more pressure and he gave another wrong answer as "If they bind me fast with new ropes that never were occupied, then shall I be weak, and be as another man."

Behold, the very next day, his hands were tied with the new ropes but is it not amazing that he still had no clue he was being betrayed?? Now at this point I am almost passing out of shock for this level of stupidity if it ever existed

Attempt no 3: Yes there was a 3rd attempt, believe me a 3rd attempt !!!!!
"If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web.
and yet it happened again.

Even if someone is cursed with stupidity, it cant be this terrible to now give a 4th chance of eventually revealing his most precious secret to som1 that has betrayed him 3 times consecutively..

Aba!!! bible stories??

Now guys, don't laugh off your eyes yet because the part that killed it all was after the philistines cut off his hair and finally caught the most dreaded enemy of their generation.

These guys knew his source of power was his hair, but it is astonishing that a large number of stupid people did not know hairs can grow...or did not know that they would need to shave off his hairs daily but they let him alone till his hairs grew back.

The writer (s) must be on some strong stuff; but christians believe this story!! infact they have an obligation to

the same way Nigeria story will be writing and generation to come will not believe because they will ask questions, how would the whole citizens with millions of people be stupid not to be able to face the small numbers of government, I would some people be killing and kidnapping and government will not be able to track them. My brother, stupid things does happen that you can't even explain how it happened. Nigeria is just a good example looking at the situation of things right now

4 Likes

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by dazzlingd(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
Why would you as an adult believe stories like

Samson
Adam and Eve
Noah

These stories stinks of stupidity
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by noble2faith(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
lansile:
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said and I quote:
"The strongest man among you is not the one who can lift heaviest load or always triumph in battle, but the one who can tame his anger".

Do you Muslim brothers follow this? Ask yourself this question.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by noble2faith(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2022
GeneralPula:

Each time I once believed Samson killed a lion, I always feel like giving myself slap..

No human being can last 20 secs with a lion face to face. A lion does not just kill, it hunt. Lion will hunt you down within 5secs. It will grab you on your neck down to oesophagus and that’s all..

Bible or whatever that tells a lion story is a man made book. It was all written. There’s no element of truth in it. 99% of all what they circulated to the public regarding history are all lies..

Same applies to Mary giving birth a virgin. It’s another made up story. Without sperm, their can never be fertilization. If there was anything like Mary, then she must have been raped but it wouldn’t sound great, that was why they changed the story..

Why did I partly believe it was a rape? Because there was high immorality during the era of Jesu. Men of those era do treat women like shiiit. They don’t get married to them. They just grab, fuckkkk and pass..

Jesus Christ resurrect is another fallacy. No human has ever die and come back. I repeat, the movie you watched and the man made story you read doesn’t justify it was the truth..

White men are evil. If they’re not, they wouldn’t come to Africa to steal from us and enslaved us.

You are not only spiritually stupid, you are also metaphysically dotish! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Parachoko: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
ChizzyBuna:

This is why i SIN, smoke and chase women
Because i know that God will Always Accept Me No Matter What I Do
God is a Merciful God
Is smoking even a sin?
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by ericmor: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
2elliot:
Do you know how some of us shouted and begged that non one should vote Buhari and that he was of no good, but did people listen? Even you questioning someone else's level of stupidity shows that that you are indeed not wise to think yourself as being wise above others. Every other day, humans commit terrible blunders, and you think Samson's is worse.

and we will still vote another one again that will be worst than the present. So what will he say about that? The millions of Nigeria's are stupid or what?
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Parachoko: 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
Scamfinders:
But David killed a lion and a bear
Did he kill them with his bare hands?
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by naijapikin2(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2022
The strongest man ever, but he had a sheepish brain. May God help our infirmities as well.
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Googledotcom: 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Samson was a man given ultimate power by Yaweh but fell in the hands of Delilah to the philistines.

Delilah tried to get the deepest secret samson ever had, the secrets of his power...and the story went like this:

1st attempt: After much pressure, Samson gave Delilah a wrong answer "If they bind me with seven green withes that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man."

People tell me, even the most stupidest person in the world will realise at this point he has been betrayed, but dont laugh yet as there was attempt no 2

No 2: After the 1st failed, the strongest man had no clue his most precious secret has been given away by the only woman he told but went ahead to bow to more pressure and he gave another wrong answer as "If they bind me fast with new ropes that never were occupied, then shall I be weak, and be as another man."

Behold, the very next day, his hands were tied with the new ropes but is it not amazing that he still had no clue he was being betrayed?? Now at this point I am almost passing out of shock for this level of stupidity if it ever existed

Even if someone is cursed with stupidity, it cant be this terrible to now give a 4th chance of eventually revealing his most precious secret to som1 that has betrayed him 3 times consecutively..

Aba!!! bible stories??

Now guys, don't laugh off your eyes yet because the part that killed it all was after the philistines cut off his hair and finally caught the most dreaded enemy of their generation.

These guys knew his source of power was his hair, but it is astonishing that a large number of stupid people did not know hairs can grow...or did not know that they would need to shave off his hairs daily but they let him alone till his hairs grew back.

The writer (s) must be on some strong stuff; but christians believe this story!! infact they have an obligation to
The ways of God is not our ways, all true power comes from God and not an individuals hair.

For God who had put strength in Sampson through his hair can also transfer such strength to any other part of his body. All power belongs to Him alone.

1 Like

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by OBA117(m): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Aba!!! bible stories??

Oga, understand well. That's why they removed his two eyes thinking without him seeing they can harm him at will even if his hair grows back.

Let me ask you a question, can a blind person be powerfully effective

1 Like

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by brainhgeek(m): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
Sheunma:
Samson must have torn the mouth a lion cub and not an adult male lion.
Besides, I have watched movies and read about stronger men than Samson of the bible.
...but you believe the movies and what you read about those guys than the fact that Samson killed a lion? Even if it's a cub, have you ever tried facing a juvenile rotwailler before? You are sounding like a deliberate unbeliever,not one who thought his way into it

1 Like

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by baralatie(m): 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
OBA117:

Oga, understand well. That's why they removed his two eyes thinking without him seeing they can harm at will even if his hair grows back.

Let me ask you a question, can a blind person be powerfully effectively
I doubt if the guy even read the story to understand what happened
I even doubt if he knew that Samson's hair was not to be shaved
When he now said how could Samson fall for Delilah so cheaply I knew that he never read where Delilah now reverse engineered the narrative that Samson does not love her?
So I am left to see the guy as someone who was not informed about the story of Samson

1 Like

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Basicend: 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tickles001:
The lesson here is clear. DON'T BE A WOMAN WRAPPER!

Only a woman is capable of pulling you down even when the gods have blessed you. But that can only happen when you love them, which eventually turns you to mumu.

Adam, Samson and Ahab were brought down by a woman. What do all these men have in common?
They all loved, listened to, and obeyed a woman.

You can have sexual affair with as many women as you want without entirely loosing your glory. But once you hand yourself over to a woman in the name of love, then prepare to be traumatized.

You are a very wise and deep man sir.

From experience, I agree with you 100%.

But, u can have sex with only ur wife and not with any woman as you like.

Thank you.
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by baralatie(m): 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
Basicend:

But, u can have sex with only ur wife and not wife any woman as you like.

Thank you.
But Samson also had an issue with his first wife and that issue was the leading problem to his ordeal
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by AdolfHitlerxXx: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Aba!!! bible stories??

LOL. When I saw the headline, I ACTUALLY PRAYED you see and comment on this thread grin

You focused only on the stupidity of Samson, probably not to break the theme

I am sure you would have added where he slayed hundreds of Philistines with the jaw bone of an ass.

Samson was all brawn and no brain....

Great job! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by MansoryMX(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Aba!!! bible stories??

Delilah according to the Bible was an extremely beautiful woman to the core who can seduce any man. Meaning Delilah toto na natural Kayamata.

There was a Kogi girl I fvcked recently, her skin is spotless, toto lips well arranged & covered wella that you will have to part it open to see her clitoris, inner of the toto red die like fresh yoruba pepper, the toto grip is to tight that my index finger struggled so much to enter, her soft and moaning, her screaming whenever she climax. The kind of girl you fvck and cum and your dick go still stand. See! I almost loose guard because of this girl and forget say I get wife for house. Now! Imagine this kogi girl I just describe is nothing compared to the beauty Delilah has! And something must definitely kill a man!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by mysticwarrior(m): 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Aba!!! bible stories??

you made a whole lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Scamfinders: 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
Parachoko:
Did he kill them with his bare hands?
I don forget
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Lamasta(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

My destiny is already assured. I just need to change that of my enemies.

So its Delilah that will help you abi grin
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Tickles001(m): 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
Basicend:

Thank you.

But, u can have sex with only ur wife and not with any woman as you like.

Thank you.

I was only trying to be clear on the fact that being a woman wrapper will bring a man down from any level of grace, except he retrace his steps before it's late. Regardless if they're only having marital sex or not.
I wasn't encouraging promiscuity. Me sef I be God pikin. grin
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Enny2013(f): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
Mercury12:
Samson life is a lesson to many others. Yes he fulfilled his destiny. What happen to him is still happening in the world today hence the lesson God want us to learn.
Ok,sir.
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Sleekfingers: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
So in a nutshell, you don't believe the story right?

I don't believe that crap
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Enny2013(f): 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2022
LollySeaSide:

Actually he did.
He lived, he f4ckked, he fucckkked up, he killed and he died!
What else can a man do to be great!
Wow! Never knew.
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Heffalump(m): 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever

He was an epitome of a one-man army. He was such a mighty warrior and man of valor that he could singlehandedly take on the whole army of a nation and yet emerge victorious. John 15:1-16

He once held a whole nation and all of their military might to ransom by himself, that even if he was alone and they were many, if they saw him coming, they would deem it wise to flee than to confront him. His name alone was such a terror to them that even if he weren't anywhere close, just calling his name could give them panic attacks.

He gave them sleepless nights, day and nightmares at the time that whenever they held a meeting, he would be the one name on everyone's lips. The whole agenda and focus of the meeting would be on how to stop him. Judges 16:5

He also fought a lion with his bare hands and still won the battle easily.

Judges 14:6 (KJV)
God bless.

This particular verse describes exactly the Peter Obi of our time. He's the cynosure and the center of attention all over Nigeria right now, because of his political might. Everybody is just trembling, including Tinubu and Atiku because of their unavoidable defeat coming soon. Thank God of heaven for giving us the Samson of our time, in the person of Peter Obi.
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by hope4nigeria(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever

He was an epitome of a one-man army. He was such a mighty warrior and man of valor that he could singlehandedly take on the whole army of a nation and yet emerge victorious. John 15:1-16

He once held a whole nation and all of their military might to ransom by himself, that even if he was alone and they were many, if they saw him coming, they would deem it wise to flee than to confront him. His name alone was such a terror to them that even if he weren't anywhere close, just calling his name could give them panic attacks.

He gave them sleepless nights, day and nightmares at the time that whenever they held a meeting, he would be the one name on everyone's lips. The whole agenda and focus of the meeting would be on how to stop him. Judges 16:5

He also fought a lion with his bare hands and still won the battle easily.

Judges 14:6 (KJV)

And the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done.

So Samson had been there and done that when it came to greatness and fame, however there came a time when Samson crashed. He fell so greatly as his monumental rise, that it was the same enemies that once used to dread him that were now using him to catch fun and make jokes.

They even took out his eyes to compound his misery, as he was now their prisoner, so they wanted to use the opportunity to eke out and make him pay for all the terror and pain he caused them.

The reason for Samson's shameful fall was pride and lust. He lost focus on God who gave him such an unprecedented ability and began to chase the carnal things of life that came as a result.

He made a terrible mistake by forsaking God who was the Source of his strength, hence his fall, however instead of giving up on himself and allowing that sin and shame to keep him away from God as it did Adam and Eve in the beginning, it made him to come back and draw closer to God, asking for His help.

Judges 16:28 (KJV)

And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.

God heard Samson's prayer and made him strong again as he used to be that it was said that in his death, he achieved a much greater feat than he had done in his entire lifetime.

Judges 16:29-30 (KJV)

And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.
And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

So no matter how far you've gone away from God, no matter how low you've consequently fallen, don't give up on yourself because God has not given up on you.

Do not let your sin and shame keep you away from God as it did Adam and Eve.

Instead come back to God who is able to mend your broken pieces and make an even better you than you ever was.

That's one lesson to learn from Samson the strongest man that ever lived.

God bless.
So why all these useless moderator on Nairaland won't put password on christians post to allow only Christian to comment but did contrary to Islamic post on Fridays. You think christians are not violent against blasphemy on its religion? Both seun and all his moderator on this forum are all bastaaaards

1 Like

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Maliqcious: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Delilah tried to get the deepest secret samson ever had, the secrets of his power...and

Aba!!! bible stories??

not just Christians same with Muslim
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by okoroemeka(m): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Aba!!! bible stories??

if you look critically at the holy Bible putting consideration the time it spent under lock and key at the Vatican,the radical books that were removed and many chapters that will obviously be rewritten and doctored to suit the Roman Catholic Church,you will see that it is not far from being just a story book of myths,fables and legends,the new testament have eye witness ac counts by writers that wrote down events in the Roman era like Josephus,Pliny the elder and Cassius Dio,it is more plausible but the old testament is written from word of mouth about events that happened hundreds of years before when Maggi,knorr and kitchen glory might have been added

1 Like

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by AngelicBeing: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
ericmor:

the same way Nigeria story will be writing and generation to come will not believe because they will ask questions, how would the whole citizens with millions of people be stupid not to be able to face the small numbers of government, I would some people be killing and kidnapping and government will not be able to track them. My brother, stupid things does happen that you can't even explain how it happened. Nigeria is just a good example looking at the situation of things right now
Gbamsulotely, more ororo and wisdom on your head, ignore that guy you quoted, na confirm, confused atheist sad
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by JealousCobra(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
seanwilliam :
Hmmm
Naso

Like for tinubu share for Atiku

Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Chopcy29: 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Aba!!! bible stories??

You don’t know the power of sweet puna
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by Treadway: 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Another important lesson is to Shut up. His philandering wasn't his undoing, that man had many hoes in diff area codes. His undoing was telling Delilah his most important secret cos of juicy pussy. There are some things you should keep to yourself ONLY. Same with Joseph, cho cho Cho got him sold out to slavery by his own brothers due to envy.
Re: Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever by engrchykae(m): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
jamace:
Did Samson kill a lion with sticks or bare hands? grin
bare hands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Rejected The Opportunity To Become A Millionaire Some Years Ago / Wedding Invitation Of Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong / The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.