Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding (9413 Views)

Mercy Johnson's Husband, Prince Odi, Shows Off Swag In New Photos / Mercy Johnson And Her Kids Play In The Snow(photo) / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by iBlogNaija: 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2011
She’s bought all that needs to be bought; gone through church counselling and concluded on venues, catering and performances. She’s sent out invitations and the usual ‘aso ebi’… But, following the scandal that has now enveloped the entire upcoming wedding ceremony, the actress has confided in close friends she’s considering calling off the wedding.

Mercy’s groom-to-be Odi is still legally married to another woman, Lovely; making whatever documents he signs with Mercy Johnson null and void. Under the Nigerian Criminal Code, the act, called bigamy, is considered an offence and is punishable by law (usually a jail term of up to seven years or fine).

According to the Nigerian Criminal Code (part V, Section 370) ‘Any person who, having a husband or wife living, marries in any case in which such marriage is void by reason of its taking place during the life of such. husband or wife, is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for seven years‘.

It states further that ‘this section does not extend to any person whose marriage with such husband or wife has been dissolved or declared void by a court of competent jurisdiction, nor to any person who contracts a marriage during the life of a former husband or wife, if such husband or wife, at the time of the subsequent marriage, shall have been absent from such person for the space of seven years, and shall not have been heard of by such person as being alive within that time.’

http://www.thenetng.com/2011/08/06/breaking-news-mercy-johnson-may-call-off-august-27-wedding/
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2011
I dey laugh.

Full on nollywood movie coming to live. I will be watching.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by MeGaStReEt: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2011
People should allow this gurl be for phuck sake ah ah. They just want to frustrate the young lady
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by mamagee3(f): 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2011
I always knew this wedding to Edoh Prince or whatever his name is was a publicity stunt, all along.

I'm definitely not surprised!
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2011
mama-gee:

I always knew this wedding to Edoh Prince or whatever his name is was a publicity stunt, all along.

I'm definitely not surprised!

How do you know it was a publicity stunt?
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by r231(m): 12:36am On Aug 07, 2011
^^^^cus she be winch grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by reginalove: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2011
pls mak una leave mercy alone
if i were her i will go on and do the normal thing after all is it is a crime to marry married Man[url][/url]
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
Me thinks mercyJ reads NL.

reginalove:

if i were her i will go on and do the normal thing after all is it is a crime to marry married Man[url][/url]

Dont worry. Your own will soon come nau. Vultures of the same feathers.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by r231(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
"I Dont Have Problem Being 2nd Wife Of Prince Odianose Okojie " - Mercy Johnson

Mercy Johnson expresses her delight and happiness with being the second wife of "Prince" Odianose, she released a statement via her publicist - Bigsam Media

Just as we all know that it is barely three weeks to Mercy Johnson’s grand wedding ceremony, plans are being cemented and invitation cards have already started going out, but as the count down begins to the wedding date, some lady that goes by the name Lovely Okojie has surfaced, and her story is that she was married and is still married with two kids to Prince Odianose Okojie, Mercy Johnson’s husband to be.

As expected, this situation has been generating a lot of comments but here are some basic facts to the story.
The relationship between Prince Odianose Okojie and Lovely Okojie, packed up five years ago, and Mercy Johnson’s marriage plans to Odi has been in the open for quite a while. Odianose truly is the father of the girl in the pictures being spread all over the internet but there are doubts that he is the father of the boy. Odianose is a prince and can marry more than one wife under customary law.

In her bid to stop the marriage, Lovely Okogie has gone to Christ Embassy to demand that the marriage be stopped, but the Church has requested thatshe provides a marriage certificate to back up her claim but as at the time of this publication, Lovely is yet to come up with a tenable certificate.

While we are left to decide who is right and who is not, Mercy Johnson and Odi’s plans for the wedding remains the same, it will be a 4-day event that will run from August 25 to 28, 2011. In details, the court wedding will be on August 25, Engagement will be on 26, Church wedding and reception will be on 27 and then a Thanksgiving Service/Bride’s party on 28.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by deadie(m): 12:01am On Aug 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by Korrection(m): 12:07am On Aug 08, 2011
WOW, MJ, NA WAO, I HAVE AN 10 INCHES DICK, I WLL SATISFY YOU, MAIL ME, jeberk20@yahoo.com
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by MBG4Real(m): 12:43am On Aug 08, 2011
iBlogNaija:

Mercy’s groom-to-be Odi is still legally married to another woman, Lovely; making whatever documents he signs with Mercy Johnson null and void. Under the Nigerian Criminal Code, the act, called bigamy, is considered an offence and is punishable by law (usually a jail term of up to seven years or fine).

According to the Nigerian Criminal Code (part V, Section 370) ‘Any person who, having a husband or wife living, marries in any case in which such marriage is void by reason of its taking place during the life of such. husband or wife, is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for seven years‘.

It states further that ‘this section does not extend to any person whose marriage with such husband or wife has been dissolved or declared void by a court of competent jurisdiction, nor to any person who contracts a marriage during the life of a former husband or wife, if such husband or wife, at the time of the subsequent marriage, shall have been absent from such person for the space of seven years, and shall not have been heard of by such person as being alive within that time.’

http://www.thenetng.com/2011/08/06/breaking-news-mercy-johnson-may-call-off-august-27-wedding/

I don't seem to believe this your quote of Nigerian law. What of the Muslims who marry up to four wifes. Are they not   Nigerians or are they exempted from this law.

For Mercy Johnson, don't let them spoil your plans for you.  If possible let your Edo Prince file and get divorce first, then go on with your mariage.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by Tolulop001(f): 12:48am On Aug 08, 2011
reginalove:

sharrap dere!

Ileke-IdI:

tell her oh angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by slymm(f): 1:28am On Aug 08, 2011
It is a law you should believe, because it is as real as the sky. Most Muslims do not conduct court weddings, nor are their weddings registered. The law only applies to marriages conducted under the matrimonial causes act of Nigeria, of which traditional weddings are not part of.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by klas(m): 1:32am On Aug 08, 2011
MJ should just do traditional wedding. Shikena. Marriage causes act wont apply to that.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by paris10: 1:42am On Aug 08, 2011
MBG4Real:

I don't seem to believe this your quote of Nigerian law. What of the Muslims who marry up to four wifes. Are they not   Nigerians or are they exempted from this law.

For Mercy Johnson, don't let them spoil your plans for you.  If possible let your Edo Prince file and get divorce first, then go on with your mariage.

Muslims don't conform to constitutions when it comes to marriage, they have their own Sharia law that deals with bigamy and all. They can't go to court to marry because it would restrict them from their adulterous life i.e marrying many wives
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by slymm(f): 1:58am On Aug 08, 2011
I would be carefull to use the word adulterous on muslims simply because their tradition/sharia allows them more than one wife. its their culture and way of life, i bet many christian men would love to marry more than one wife, if the bible did not frown against it. Moreover majority of christian men are adulterous in nature, and have a bevy of beautifull women they shag on the side, who are we christians to talk?
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by otokx(m): 3:21am On Aug 08, 2011
so christ embassy has something to do with all this? smh
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by freepeople: 3:38am On Aug 08, 2011
Nollywood blockbuster!
Chei! Mercy Johnson go hammer soon
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by tubolancer(m): 4:02am On Aug 08, 2011
Mercy needs Mercy say it ten times,O ya
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by juman(m): 6:19am On Aug 08, 2011
Bigami is a law that is really sleeping. grin grin grin

Well, goodluck to her.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by member67023: 6:21am On Aug 08, 2011
freepeople:

Nollywood blockbuster!
Chei! Mercy Johnson go hammer soon
Grab your copy now!
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by tayo4me(f): 8:02am On Aug 08, 2011
@paris who claims to know all- Generally, Muslims are married under the Islamic law (and registered) which is also a form of customary law in Nigeria, and are therefore not bound by the Matrimonial Causes Act (just like other people who marry under various customary laws). In addition, some Muslims do get married in the court if they want.

You also call being married to many women adultery- I believe you need to check and understand the proper meaning of adultery before posting. At least we are better than other people who have other women on the side and clothe themselves in sin!

@Mercy, I tink she shd just get married under customary law and save herself some stress
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by DaDoctor: 8:55am On Aug 08, 2011
^^NEXT IS FOR HER TO JOIN THE SINGLE PARENTS LEAGUE ON NOLLYWOOD grin^^
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:22am On Aug 08, 2011
OMG!! what a run of luck. now i can kick-start my plans to gigidi gigidi gogsmogiel those gogidoes

Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 08, 2011
slymm:

I would be carefull to use the word adulterous on muslims simply because their tradition/sharia allows them more than one wife. its their culture and way of life, i bet many christian men would love to marry more than one wife, if the bible did not frown against it. Moreover majority of christian men are adulterous in nature, and have a bevy of beautifull women they sleep with on the side, who are we christians to talk?

Impressive! Was pissed wen I read from paris but you did reply in a very good tone.

@paris, you really need to re-check the meaning of adultery.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by blank(f): 10:47am On Aug 08, 2011
I pray she marries him in court and in Church so that they both can stay 7 years in jail.

There is only one Nigerian case of Bigamy. Please, let them make it two so that law students can quote their case.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by juman(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2011
nakedwire:

Grab your copy now!

grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by texazzpete(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
iBlogNaija:

Under the Nigerian Criminal Code, the act, called bigamy, is considered an offence and is punishable by law (usually a jail term of up to seven years or fine).

Yeah right. Why has Obasanjo not been arrested for bigamy yet? He has many wives na.
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2011
r231:

"I Dont Have Problem Being 2nd Wife Of Prince Odianose Okojie " - Mercy Johnson

Mercy Johnson expresses her delight and happiness with being the second wife of "Prince" Odianose, she released a statement via her publicist - Bigsam Media

Mercy must learn from celebrities like Bob Manual or whatever his surname is to keep her private life away frm the so called celebrity craze. angry
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2011
lexio:

Mercy must learn from celebrities like Bob Manual or whatever his surname is to keep her private life away frm the so called celebrity craze. angry

Obviously not as bright as her curves grin
Re: Breaking News: Mercy Johnson May Call Off August 27 Wedding by kufreabasi(m): 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mercy Johnson Might Cancel Her Wedding

The legal and current wife of Mercy Johnson’s Fiance, Prince Odianosen Okojie recently spoke up with regards to the forthcoming wedding between her husband and Mercy Johnson. In a written statement in which she said:

My name is Lovely Okojie, legal wife of Prince Odianosen Okojie, the man Mercy Johnson is set to wed in a few weeks.We got married back in 2006 in Regio-Emilia, Italy, attached are pictures of the wedding. I’m married to this man and there has never been any divorced paper signed. We are still legally married, he’s the love of my life and the father of my two lovely kids. At the moment, he’s busy in Nigeria planning to wed Mercy Johnson, abandoning me and our children.

In reaction to people’s statements as regards why she didn’t speak up earlier she said: “he made me believe that he didn’t have anytin to do with mercy Johnson, dat they were just business partners,i was surprised to see all mercy’s statement dat they av been been dating for long i then called odianose’s parents but they told me they don’t know any Mercy Johnson dat i shouldn’t bother myself. i was sort of relieved and believed everything was actually fine.until i started hearing about a wedding.”

Lovely continued saying “Odianose sent her father divorce papers last month and when they got to the court d judge asked him why he wanted a divorce he said because i insulted him,den d judge said its a normal thing for couples to quarrel and dat wasn’t enough reason for him to wanna divorce, then my sister stood up and told the judge the whole story, dat was when the judge adjourned the case to on the 9th of this month.”
She and Mercy Johnson attend the same church, Christ Embassy, different branches though. She said since she explained what was happening to her branch Pastor, Christ Embassy, Canada, and informed him that Mercy is a member of Christ Embassy, Oregun, he promised to verify the whole story and get back to her but is yet to do so.

While Mercy Johnson has issued a statement through her publicist that she was in the dark about many of these facts. It is still yet to be known for certain what Mercy Johnson’s reaction will be: whether she will go on with the wedding as planned or whether she will call it off. However rumors and speculations from some of her close friends suggest that she might call the wedding off.

Do you think she should call it off? or do you think she should just wait to determine the court’s ruling on August 9th?

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2011/08/mercy-johnson-might-cancel-her-wedding.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Cardi B, Tiwa Savage, Burna Boy In Club / Chris Brown, Neyo, Ray-jay, Beyonce, Rhianna, Britney, Amerie, Bow Wooooooow / Mercy Johnson Shows Off New Look By Flaunting Her Big Bum.. Hot/sexy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.