Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

World's Most Entertaining Football Team - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World's Most Entertaining Football Team (5851 Views)

Who Is The Most Entertaining Artist At D Glo CAF Award 2013.? / Sexy Female Appointed Coach Of Men's Football Team / Female Model Appointed To Coach A Men's Football Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by tamia(f): 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2006
Barcellona

Chelsea

Manchester United

Milan

Lyon

i got a lot on my mind but this is my personal list
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Akolawole(m): 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2006
@BolaOni & Babwilms

Be careful, i go ban both of you o grin
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by bagoma(f): 12:01am On Mar 18, 2006
grin cheesy grin
make seun catch you kola. hmmn! grin cheesy
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Skintite(f): 10:33am On Mar 18, 2006
hey guys n gals,
We r talikin about most entertainin n excitin games
Doesnt matter if u won 100 trophies undecided
u cud win all games but play unentertainin n boring games undecided

Arsenal cud've been 2nd fiddle to man u occasionally,
But being 2nd doesnt mean they didnt play better games

There was a game man u played with west ham i think
the possesion was 91%man u n 9 %

westham undecided
guess who won the game , west ham!
does that mean they played more entertainin football than man u

Its not about winnin guys, we r talkin passes, attacks, thrills, skills, talents, dribbles
goals, wink

Lets go back n rejugde, n ans d questn plzzzzzzzzzzz angry

Chaow
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Akolawole(m): 11:34am On Mar 18, 2006
Is this English language or Latin-pidgin or text message language? grin
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by ocho(f): 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2006
@Skintite : you haven't answered the question.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by slimgene(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2006
@ skintite
U keep hollering abt entertainment and excitement, There's no way a team wld win titles after titles without entertaining and exciting football fans cos excitement itself is all abt winning. Tell me, how do u excite ur fans without winning home matches? U shld come and see the looks on the faces of the Highbury fanatics when Mourinho's machine humiliated the home fans(Although,without VIEIRA) last december or when Fergie's men demolish ur darling team(with VIEIRA) last season @ Highbury. Go back to ur TV and watch Arsenal's matches this season and u will shed tears for them. How can u compare ANY arsenal team(2000 B.C. till date) to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd or even Chelsea in terms of entertainment or excitement? Its a far cry. Barcelona has/had Ronaldo/Romario/Ronaldinho, Man Utd has Giggs/Cristiano Ronaldo/Cantona and Chelsea has Zola/Joe Cole/Lampard. These players dazzled week in-week out whether they win or not. No arsenal player can match these lots in terms of play-making.

@Babywilms
I dont swallow words cos i dont speak out without getting my facts right. Its a pity u can still come out and defend an arsenal team that has never made it to UEFA champions league semi-finals. What a misfortune! U even nailed ur own coffin by listing shabby achievements like reaching Q/finals thrice in the last 10 years and Losing to Galatasaray in 1999 European winners cup.
Why dont u gunners keep ur traps sealed and watch how great english clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd and upcoming Chelsea were able to evade the BIG-MATCH syndrome that arsenal haS.
I stated u played 2nd fiddle to chelsea cos they denied the Gunners the right to play in their "most-prized" S/Finals of 2003/04 UEFA and have been able to take maximum points of the Gunners this season plus they have now finished twice above the gunners in the league. Ain't that playing 2nd fiddle?

For the records, i am going to list Fergie's unbelieveable achievements in the last 10 years

1996, Double (FA and Premiership) plus FA charity shield
1997, Premiership plus FA charity shield
1999, Treble (FA,Premiership and UEFA champions league) plus Inter-continental club cup, No English club has been able to achieve this feat since then.
Not even the 49 unbeaten gunners.
2000, Premiership title
2001, Premiership title
2003, Premiership title plus FA charity shield
2004, FA cup
2006, Carling cup

This is like 12 titles EXCLUDING FA charity shield in just 10 years. If u dont know,The carling cup was Fergie's 19th title in 19 years. The record speaks for itself. No BORING team wld have achieved this. This is not about LUCK, it is about the entertainments and excitements of the likes of the Coles,Beckhams,Yorkes,Keanes,Cantonas,Ronaldos,Nistelrooys and Scholes. I wont generalise the most exciting/entertaining team based on one season of unbeaten run. Arsenal fans have to scope wider than that.

@ ajadudu
I aint a Man Utd fan. In fact i dont support any team in the Premiership but i just dont like it when some buncha Arsenal hoodlums misinform the public abt being the most entertaining in the world. I will place the Old Leventis Utd of Ibadan or even Abiola babes above Arsenal.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Akolawole(m): 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2006
@Slimgene

Whats your typing rate? It must be 200wpm. grin

~ Your statistics is very very right brother.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Idekeson(m): 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2006
Rangers International Football club of Enugu (The Flying Antelopes) grin
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by pie1ect(m): 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2006
@Slimgene

I understand you hate Arsenal with a passion and you can not hide it but your bias is pathetic, to say the least. I'm sorry but it has to be said.
Granted Arsenal have won fewer trophies than Man Utd. but to make this kind of comment ==>

slimgene:

@ skintite
How can u compare ANY arsenal team(2000 B.C. till date) to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd or even Chelsea in terms of entertainment or excitement? Its a far cry. Barcelona has/had Ronaldo/Romario/Ronaldinho, Man Utd has Giggs/Cristiano Ronaldo/Cantona and Chelsea has Zola/Joe Cole/Lampard. These players dazzled week in-week out whether they win or not. No arsenal player can match these lots in terms of play-making.

<==[/b]and expect me to respect your views [b]is laughable (and that's putting it mildly).

I can only assume you've seen too much [b]drab[/b]football in your time, so much so that you are now immune to enjoying good football. The topic of this thread was about the most entertaining team in World, not the most successful team in the world.

Haba, Abiola Babes and Leventis better than Arsenal?

Now that's a concept.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by slimgene(m): 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2006
@pie1ect,
Only successful teams EXCITE and ENTERTAIN. How in the name of Zeus can a team like West Brom or Portsmouth excite anyone. Arsenal of 2003/04 do play entertaining and exciting football and that was where it ended. U cannot rate a team to be the most E and E based on one season when we r looking at a decade.
I agree with all y'all gunners if u were talking about the 03/04 season but in the last 10 years,Enyimba and Zamalek wld stay slightly above arsenal on this list if FIFA were to configure such a list.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by pie1ect(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2006
@ Slimgene

Are you serious?
What is your definition of success?
If we are going by the last ten years, in English football the only Club that can hold a candle to Arsenal's record is Manchester utd.

** Since 96' when Wenger arrived at Highbury, the club has never finished below second (apart from this season, that is)
**In that time, the Club has won 3 league trophies, 4 FA Cups, charity sheilds and gotten to a European cup final.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but can you explain your definition of success to me?

Because I don't see how Chelsea (who have consistently finished far below Arsenal every other season before last) have suddenly become one of the most successful clubs in the world(with two league trophies in a most "illustrious" 100-year history).

If you are sugesting that Arsenal are on the same level with West Brom and Portsmouth, then seriously I don't think there's any need for this discussion.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by slimgene(m): 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2006
@pie1ect

There u go again, Every Gunner keeps talking abt Arsenal's success after Wenger arrived. U make it sound as if Arsenal was non-existent before Wenger came to England.
If this is ur comparison, then i will judge Chelsea after Jose arrived. He won 2 titles in his debut season. Anutha title is in the bag already and there's FA cup to fight for. That means he might win 4 titles in two seasons EXCLUDING charity shields. He has already broken a record Wenger failed to break in 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mourinho has won 2 Premiership titles back to back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he continues like this, he wld match Wenger's records in no time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by pie1ect(m): 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2006
@ Slimgene

When you posted your comments, you focused on Sir Alex Ferguson. Does that mean there was no Manchester Utd. before Sir Alex arrived at Man U.?

I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you Arsenal's rich history.
What is it with winning the title back-to-back anyway? To date, Arsenal are one of only 3 or 4 clubs that have managed that feat. Go and check the record books. Arsenal are still the only club in the league that have never tasted relegation.

If we decide to go by history, even Man Utd. before Ferguson arrived could not challenge Arsenal. Get your facts right and don't let your dislike for Arsenal cloud your better judgement.

Whether you choose to beleive it or not, Arsenal are one of the most successful Clubs in English football history.

And your inclusion of Chelsea in this issue of successful clubs, makes me laugh to be honest.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Jackal(m): 11:20am On Mar 19, 2006
@ Slimgene,
I totally agree with u that Arsenal aint the most entertaining team in the premiership let alone,the world. No doubt,they belong to the upper ranks in English Football but they still have a long way to go to match the Man Utd's and Liverpool's rich history. Winning trophies will definitely entertain and excite any fan. No wonder the Real Madrids and Ajaxs team had so much respect and love in the 90s. The Most Exciting and Entertaining team in the world award must definitely go to soccer teams that have been able to win trophies after trophies after trophies and i think Real Madrid, Ajax, Man Utd,and Brazil deserves a mention here.

@Pie1ect,
The definition of success is the ability to defend a title u have won. Getting to the top is easier than remaining on TOP. That is a true mark of a champion. Arsenal's historical records have so many blemishes-its been OFF and ON and its quite unbelievable they have not been able to defend the premiership titile for once.
However, one cannot overlook the unbeaten run season. It was a remarkable feat but u have to realise it was a domestic thang.
Furthermore, Arsenal's records in Europe has been woeful over the years. Does this make 'em a local champion? Other English teams have been able to transform their domestic form into European success but Arsenal hasn't yet. I pray they do this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by babwilms(m): 12:58pm On Mar 19, 2006
People what are your definition of Entertaining football? Is the question about the rich history of the club? You are all saying Man United and Liverpool played better football than Arsenal. (you all need help on this issue). Do you call a table tennis football style of play entertaining or long ball play? or a team that result to violence whenever they play a team of their own caliber?.

What happenned to the questions about the best managers and good analysis backing up your point instead of going off the topic all the time.

Why are people on Nairaland always diverting away from the questions asked? If this continue its going to make Nairaland less interesting place to visit
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Bolernlay(m): 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2006
barca ofcourse, they are a very experienced team all built around the don RONALDINHO, then followed by arsenal which are unstoppable with HENRY-gunners 4 life men.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Jackal(m): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2006
@ Pie1ect
Which team resorts to violence when they play teams of their calibres? Its a well known fact that the gunners are the chief hoodlums of English football. U def'ly have a short memory otherwise u would not have forgotten how 6 arsenal players wanted to roast RUUD alive at Old Trafford in 2003 like animals performing cannibalism.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by tipsy289(m): 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2006
Barcelona is exciting,fast game.English league is not as exciting as La Liga,valencia ia another team that is exciting.Arsenal can be exciting some times and Man u.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by pie1ect(m): 3:21am On Mar 20, 2006
@ Jackal

Wetin I do you?

Where in all my posts, have I made any reference to "team resorts to violence" ?

Please read the posts as well as the posters' screenname before replying.

I'm out of here
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by nightrider: 10:14am On Mar 20, 2006
The most exiciting club footbal to me. my order is

Manchester United - With David Beckham--- Absolutely breathtaking football, pinpiont crosses and never say die spirit a touch of class and the right amount of hatred to go with it. Thats what football is about.

Arsenal- The unbeaten season. The passing was slicker than a wad of gel in a prostitutes hair. Thierry henry's knack for goal can only be compared with the swinging of elvis's hips. He is the King.

Real Madrid- under Vincente del bosque. that was the recent golden era of madrid football. i remember the slick passing that tore apart man-u's defence. they made Man-u look odinary. in form zidane., in form Ronaldo. what more can you ask for.

Barcelona- Ronaldinho, that's all i need to say.

For managersout of the four

Alex ferguson- Manchester united,
I think he raised the greatest youth team the world has ever seen. He's won more titles than any premiership manager. And his teams " until recently" are always wonderful.

Arsene wenger
He might never have won the champions league, but his teams are unbelievable, like kola put it the man can take a player from anambra and turn him into suoerstar.

Mourinho
He's won the champions league and presently one of the best in the world. Unbelievable self confidence. amazing records.

Allardyce
Good coach. But shouldn't be on this list.

The post says entertaining football. Nigeria was voted 2nd most entertaining team in usa 94 but we didnt win anything. It's not about trophies, its about the slickness of your passing, the class of your goals, the strength of you defence and the style of your manager. So all you arsenal haters get your head out your ass.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Skintite(f): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2006
thank u nightrider

Slimgene is definately an arsenal 'HATER' n i think theres no point tryin to make him
understand wat he possibly cant understand undecided undecided

Go back n start watchin football all over again plz grin
also those that dont think arsenal r E n E, do so too plz grin
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Jackal(m): 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2006
@skintite,
Slimgene aint a Gunner-hater. He is just expressing his own opinions. What is exciting to u might not even make me smile and thats life. I share some of his views and i think Arsenal ain't the best in the world. The English media did a lot to their hype. I suggest u should watch more La Liga matches and u will be convinced the most entertaining soccer team cannot be Arsenal, let alone the world. Valencia and Deportivo play some sublime football too crisp for the eyes to comprehend.

@ nightrider
The 2nd most entertaining team in USA '94 was Nigeria? Is this official from FIFA or one of ur beer-parlour gists? The competition had the likes of Brazil,Romania and even Columbia. Pls prove this cos its of no use saying things u cannot confirm.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by nightrider: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2006
jackal

if you weren't busy trying to get soccer pictures from your radio i'm sure you would have known i'ts true
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by bolaoni(m): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2006
The problem with this thread is that it was starter by a gunner. So whatever anybody says seem to be irrelevant angry

People keep shouting arsenal, but the thread is about the last ten years, not 3 or 5 years.

@Babs in case you need to know, Cantona retired in 1997 after helping Man u to another trophy. So I wonder if 1997 is not part of this decade.

So guys let's put objectivity into this discussion or probably the starter should change the question into in the last 2/3 years.

As per the coaches, we all know that is settled, 19 trophies in 19years is a feat no coach has and will ever match! So argument is closed for that side.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by nightrider: 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2006
bolaoni

i'm an arsenal fan and yet if you read my order like 4 posts above yours you will see tha i stated that the most entertaining side is man-u and greatest coach out of the four is alex ferguson, who is a man u coach.

so how can you say gunners are shouting arsenal. i think you posted on impulse without reading the comments.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by nightrider: 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@pie1ect,
Only successful teams EXCITE and ENTERTAIN. How in the name of Zeus can a team like West Brom or Portsmouth excite anyone. Arsenal of 2003/04 do play entertaining and exciting football and that was where it ended. U cannot rate a team to be the most E and E based on one season when we r looking at a decade.
I agree with all y'all gunners if u were talking about the 03/04 season but in the last 10 years,Enyimba and Zamalek would stay slightly above arsenal on this list if FIFA were to configure such a list.

Another pile of donkey Poo
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by slimgene(m): 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2006
@ nightrider,
I think ur pick here is reasonable so why r u so unreasonable on the other thread? Ruud scores more than Henry. Why cantcha see that?
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by bolaoni(m): 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2006
slimgene:

@ nightrider,
I think your pick here is reasonable so why r u so unreasonable on the other thread? Ruud scores more than Henry. Why cantcha see that?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by Akolawole(m): 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2006
Jackal:

@ nightrider
The 2nd most entertaining team in USA '94 was Nigeria? Is this official from FIFA or one of your beer-parlour gists? The competition had the likes of Brazil,Romania and even Columbia. Please prove this because its of no use saying things u cannot confirm.

He was right.
Nigeria was the 2nd most entertaining team in the world in USA '94.

@NightRider
You have been amazing in this thread.
Faultless facts from a very very informed brain. Keep it up!

Probably the only gunner that can say these with no sentiment attached.

I am still expecting your answers to my Quiz.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by slimgene(m): 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2006
@ Akolawole
Dont tease nightrider. As u can see he is a cold-blooded animal. He is active during the day and passive when the sun sets.
Re: World's Most Entertaining Football Team by nightrider: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2006
i'm not nocturnal. i like to sleep at night. besides i have a lovely girlfriend and she wouldn't want to share me with football arguing boys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out This Fixed Game I Won / Sir Alex Fergusson's Chewing Gum Habit / Stephen Keshi's Confession On USA 94

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.