Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt (17025 Views)

2023: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt / 2019: Aggrieved APC Aspirants Activate Plan B / 60 Aggrieved APC Reps Announce Plan To Leave Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Nemere2020: 5:04am On Aug 22, 2022
•Accuse Tinubu,Adamu of isolating stakeholders

Critical stakeholders, former presidential aspirants and senators who lost out in the just-concluded primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC), have vowed to punish the party, ahead of the 2023 presidential elections.

They claimed Tinubu and Abdullahi Adamu, party’s national chairman, have isolated critical stakeholders of the party.

A northern ranking senator alleged that Adamu, who was supported by lawmakers when governors did not want him betrayed them during the primaries.

He said Adamu runs the party “like a sole administrator and paramount ruler” who does not accommodate superior views from members of the National Working Committee (NWC).

The lawmaker said the presidential candidate has refused to reach out to aggrieved aspirants who ran against him.

“As soon as the primaries were over, Tinubu visited all the key aspirants. Commitments were made that they’ll be involved before, during and after the elections.

“I attended one of the meetings where Tinubu told one of the former presidential aspirants that he will play an active role. That promise has turned out to be false.

“Tinubu has since gone ahead to announce the choice of his running mate without consulting any of them. The aspirants have also decided to ignore him.

“Tinubu and Adamu are busy organising events. They’re leaving out the real issue. They’re behaving as of they’ve won the elections. For them, aggrieved members and stakeholders can go to hell.

“They believe only governors and President Muhammadu will deliver votes for them. Unfortunately, many APC senators didn’t get return tickets and they’ve no stakes in the upcoming elections. They won’t take it serious. The President Buhari they’re banking on won’t campaign for anybody. Let’s see who will campaign for them at the grassroots level.”

The senator said ahead of the conduct of the 2023 presidential elections, the two leading political parties, APC and the opposition PDP, were fretting over the unpredictable demographics, occasioned by the surge in the popularity of Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP).

Obi, former governor of Anambra State, was the running mate to Atiku Abubakar in the 2019 presidential elections. Until a few days to the conduct of the PDP presidential primaries in May, Obi was a leading aspirant on the platform of the party.

However, since his emergence as presidential candidate of the LP and following the announcement by the presidential candidate of APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu to run on a Muslim-Muslim ticket, the permutations have changed.

In a chat with Daily Sun at the weekend, the ranking senator from the North, said Obi’s late entry into the race and his acceptance by the Church and youths portend a serious threat to Atiku and Tinubu.

The lawmaker, who is vehemently opposed to a Muslim-Muslim ticket, said if Obi’s surging popularity does not dwindle, APC may not win Lagos State.

He said the same thing goes for the PDP in the South East and South South- two geopolitical zones hitherto considered as its strongholds.

He said APC’s dilemma is severe. “APC may lose the entire South as a result of a Muslim-Muslim ticket. APC today can’t win any state in the South East or South South. If elections are held today, APC will not win Lagos State. If the party is lucky, it may win in Ekiti and Ogun. In Osun, Ondo and Oyo, the PDP will battle the APC. That leaves the APC with limited options.

“President Muhammadu Buhari will not be on the ballot in 2023. That means Atiku will be the first choice of the North. Atiku will win in the North East. He will win too in North West because of a large number of Hausa and Fulani there.

“PDP’s main foot soldiers are in North Central. APC is not sure of winning that geopolitical zone. It is more difficult now because of the new Electoral Act. The era of writing results in Government House is gone. If votes count, APC will be in trouble.

“As for the PDP, how can Atiku win if the entire South East and South South don’t vote for him? As popular as Buhari was, he lost elections three times until the South voted for him.

“These are the issues. I doubt if Obi will win. I don’t see that possibility, but he is causing serious upset in the two major parties- APC and the PDP.”

Though the senator admitted that he was not in a position to speak on the crisis rocking the PDP, he, however, said the issues maybe resolved before the end of August.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/aggrieved-apc-presidential-aspirants-senators-revolt/

9 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by colorsofrainbow: 5:20am On Aug 22, 2022
Tinubu's slumdogs,this is where to cry cry cry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by ytdivine(m): 5:23am On Aug 22, 2022
Obi will surely win by God's grace. We depends so much on God to eat the fruit of the land

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Karemarealty288(m): 5:32am On Aug 22, 2022
Aggrieved senators....

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Faiththatworks(m): 5:40am On Aug 22, 2022
I always start by making my bias very clear,I will vote Asiwaju Bola Ahmed as President of Nigeria.
The Sun write-ups are always titled towards making it seem Peter Obi has any chance of becoming the president of Nigeria,same as what the Nation newspaper does also by trying to give favorable write-up to Asiwaju.
This Sun article though is very non-sensical and the editor that allowed it to be published should be sanctioned.
I'm beginning to see the Hand of Sen Orji Kalu lamenting all over the write-ups of the Sun Newspaper.
Sen Kalu unfortunately lined up behind Sen Ahmed Lawan during the presidential election and lost terribly,but yet expects Asiwaju to give his opponents a major role during the presidential election.
That's why I love Asiwaju, thank God APC didn't elect Prof Osinbajo,or Gov Ameachi as Presidential Aspirant,they would have been held hostage by these power brockers like the unnamed Northern Senator in the article.
The Senator should know it's time for a new set of looters to come into power,they have eaten and swallowed their own share of the National cake,let Asiwaju bring a new set of people to the table to eat their own.
God bless Nigeria.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:50am On Aug 22, 2022
Tinubu crossed two red lines deliberately, so the consequences are going to be intentional and his alone.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:31am On Aug 22, 2022
Sponsored article as usual...They always use The Sun newspapers or the thenewtelegraph newspapers.. grin grin grin

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by STEWpid(f): 6:43am On Aug 22, 2022
Chai

Season of chop chop..

Another round of cash has to go round!

A Case of Elek-Shun Terrorism.

2 Shares

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by zoedew: 6:43am On Aug 22, 2022
Shameless power mongers!

5 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Authoreety: 6:43am On Aug 22, 2022
Ndi ala...

Mumu people

2 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Smith414: 6:44am On Aug 22, 2022
Faiththatworks:
I always start by making my bias very clear,I will vote Asiwaju Bola Ahmed as President of Nigeria.
The Sun write-ups are always titled towards making it seem Peter Obi has any chance of becoming the president of Nigeria,same as what the Nation newspaper does also by trying to give favorable write-up to Asiwaju.
This Sun article though is very non-sensical and the editor that allowed it to be published should be sanctioned.
I'm beginning to see the Hand of Sen Orji Kalu lamenting all over the write-ups of the Sun Newspaper.
Sen Kalu unfortunately lined up behind Sen Ahmed Lawan during the presidential election and lost terribly,but yet expects Asiwaju to give his opponents a major role during the presidential election.
That's why I love Asiwaju, thank God APC didn't elect Prof Osinbajo,or Gov Ameachi as Presidential Aspirant,they would have been held hostage by these power brockers like the unnamed Northern Senator in the article.
The Senator should know it's time for a new set of looters to come into power,they have eaten and swallowed their own share of the National cake,let Asiwaju bring a new set of people to the table to eat their own.
God bless Nigeria.
oga shut up this morning

32 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by iSense247: 6:44am On Aug 22, 2022
Obedients like

BATstards share

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Whois(m): 6:45am On Aug 22, 2022
Be guided please

26 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by oyeb15: 6:46am On Aug 22, 2022
APC has taking us aback to 1983.

This is not d democracy King Sunny Ade ,Olando Owo, Ololade Ayinde Bari Wonder sang for those days during military era.

APC just ruined everything. Nobody sing Nigeria go better again. Every hope is lost.

6 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Parachoko: 6:46am On Aug 22, 2022
Useless article

116 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Netanpad: 6:47am On Aug 22, 2022
Dead party

2 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by gasparpisciotta: 6:47am On Aug 22, 2022
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.

You made a lot of sense

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by SenatePresdo(m): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2022
The lawmaker, who is vehemently opposed to a Muslim-Muslim ticket, said if Obi’s surging popularity does not dwindle, APC may not win Lagos State.

As for the PDP, how can Atiku win if the entire South East and South South don’t vote for him? As popular as Buhari was, he lost elections three times until the South voted for him.

The APC Senator Already knows Tinubu won't even win Lagos grin
Let urchins keep consoling themselves to feel happy that Tinubu would get up to 60 percent of votes in SW.

He also knows can't win the SE, SS, and SW.

As it stands, Peter Obi is the only candidate that is widely accepted across all region.

He should start making his inauguration speech.

God bless OBIdients for their wonderful work, e go shock them.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Racoon(m): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2022
The disenchantment continues to simmer underneath

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by SpecialEdition: 6:48am On Aug 22, 2022
First time in Nigeria's history we are presented with two candidates, that majority of people hate, by the main political parties.
IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

5 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by SpecialEdition: 6:49am On Aug 22, 2022
Rotation favours South East and suddenly excuses and hate is the new propaganda.

They brought Boko Haran to chase away Jonathan.
They brought unknown gunmen to disorganise South East and started shouting Igbos are not ready.

Life has a way of balancing things.

9 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Mindlog: 6:50am On Aug 22, 2022
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.

Glad The Sun is owned by a stalwart of APC

4 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by mach7(m): 6:50am On Aug 22, 2022
Political season. Expect all manner of news to keep flying about.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by dayleke: 6:55am On Aug 22, 2022
O tun ti zeh o!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by SisterAnn(f): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Useless article
Vote wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Melonsmasher: 6:59am On Aug 22, 2022
Faiththatworks:
I always start by making my bias very clear, I will vote Asiwaju Bola Ahmed as President of Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.
Isn't this a typical example of a m0r0n

7 Likes

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by AtikuOkowa: 7:01am On Aug 22, 2022
PDP is winning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

iREV Worked Excepting Results Upload Of The Presidential Election - INEC (Video) / APC Fixes New Dates For Closure Of Purchase, Submission Of Forms / Buhari: All Past, Present Corrupt Cases Will Be Probed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.