Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Tiayra Was At It Again! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tiayra Was At It Again! (275 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tiayra Was At It Again! by Prince12Eddie(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2022
Good evening everyone!

Here is a beautiful piece meant to spice up your evening.

© Edidiong Uwah

I had a very hectic day at work. I got home very tired and hungry. I stepped into the parlour only to notice something very annoying.

Tiayra was at it again! She destroyed one of the most valuable items placed in the parlour.

Last week, she destroyed the rug carpet which was at the center of the parlour. Today, she decided to ruin the wedding portrait of I and my wife.

I saw the portrait was on the floor, in an inverse position. She must have pushed it off the round table, in an attempt to touch it.

I was furious. Despite all my warnings, she still persisted in destroying items.

Tiayra was brought in by my wife during our trial moments. As at that time, she wasn't blessed with the gift of the womb.

Tiayra turned out to be her companion, best friend, infact, her everything. She was a source of joy to us.

She never gave us hard times, except that she ignorantly destroys one thing or the other in the house. She was still little, we only cautioned her.

But I had vowed to teach her a lesson this time.
I picked up the broken piece portrait and headed directly for her room.
There she lay on the bed as if she hadn't committed any crime.

"Tiayra! Get up!! What's the meaning of this... Who did this?", I yelled as I suspended the portrait in the air for her to see.
I began to scold her but she didn't make any move. She didn't respond either. She just sat there as if nobody was standing before her.

Out of annoyance, I got out of the room and reappeared with a twine. It had some pointed ends.
I hid it behind my back and I got closer to her.
Little did she know I was about to harm her, maybe she would have made an attempt to escape.

What I was about to do would definitely hurt my wife but I wasn't bothered.

I threw the twine swiftly around her neck. I pulled and it clamped to her throat. She began to scream. She struggled to get it off her neck but the pointed edges had pierced deep into her skin.

I held it firmly to her neck for some more seconds. Blood began to gush out abruptly. Her hands slowly fell off her neck.
She fell to the bed and the blood spilled on the sheets.

She died instantly.

Just then, my wife got into the house. She headed directly for Tiayra's room as usual. I tried closing the door against her so I could clean up the mess but it was too late.

She screamed as she saw Tiayra lay lifeless. She began to cry uncontrollably as she rolled on the ground.

"Mike why? Why Mike... Irrespective of what she did, you shouldn't have ended her life this way", she said weeping.

All my efforts to make her calm so I could explain my actions were futile. She wailed the more.

"But it's just a little cat for crying out loud. I could still get you another if you so desire. Look at this! She used her teeth and hands in destroying it", I spoke.

"I'm really sorry" I concluded as I dropped the portrait by her side and walked out.

Fictional write-up|| August 2022.

(1) (Reply)

Ana Announces Prizes' Shortlist / The Writers Financial Breakthrough Some Writers Are Missing / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.