Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,879 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:19 PM

The Next Big Thing After Facebook? The Future Of Wealth And Tech. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / The Next Big Thing After Facebook? The Future Of Wealth And Tech. (2138 Views)

Innjoo Fire Specifications (another Big Thing) / What Do You Predict Will Be Next Big Thing/inventions In A 100 Years Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Big Thing After Facebook? The Future Of Wealth And Tech. by GideonG(m): 3:29am On Aug 07, 2011
This world is changing, and it's changing really fast! I can vividly remember last ten years
very few Nigerians even have email address.

So many Billionaires were made through the Internet within the last decade. what will be
the next hottest stuff?

what will be the next Internet?

I am a very Ambitious person and I always want to be a world class Billionaire. I understand
that before i can find my way to Forbes in this present day world, I have to be open to new
ides,current trend and see the future so as to brace myself for what will be a hottest trend in
the nearest future. So in sighing the future I am making my views open to the forum members
so that I can hear your own views too, and see if my views make sense to you.

When Computers came out it started from a Big Frame machines to huge desktops to mini frame
systems to Laptop and palmtop to Tablet PCs.

As I said earlier Internet Changed everything in this world from communication to business to
socializing to easy access to Information. I think the next big thing has already being around, it's
just that it has not yet reached it's peaked. it's like a time bomb waiting to explode.

You are already in possession of it, who knows you might even be using it and reading this post.
Yes! it's not a hidden secret or a new idea but when you check out how things are changing at the
speed of light you will agree with me that in the nearest future these are the things that will happen:

People all over the world will pay for goods and services through their mobile phones
The Phone wallet will replace credit cards and cash.
The mobile phone market will be a multi Billion dollar industry and the next richest Billionaires will come
from that sector
Apps will have more flexibility such that they can be linked to one another just like the internet where
you can link one website to the other.
People will be more comfortable computing with their phones rather than using computers
Phones will be more computerized.

In fact i need to learn web application development and be a final guru fast!
Life's going to change drastically in this decade (2011-2020) Are you ready for the change?
I want to hear your views
Re: The Next Big Thing After Facebook? The Future Of Wealth And Tech. by romme2u: 1:48am On Jul 26, 2013
mobile applications and mobile web apps.

while i was a student my project was "converting conventional(legacy) database to mobile database system". this shows that applications are moving from the traditional computing environments to mobile platforms.

But development and deployment will still be with traditional computing environment since every mobile apps will need to share resources from the server. and secondly mobile devices are not sophisticated enough for development/deployment purposes(i doubt if mobile devices will ever be used for deployment purposes because of their mobility)

@GIDEONG i really saw a market some time ago that is still yet untapped and that holds a very promising future.
During my project undertakings i discover that research shows that more people require airtime top-up from their mobile devices but this services are still not popular yet. if you wish we can work together on that though it is a long term project.

on the overall, the mobile web space will dominate in the next few years to come as more and more people prefer to surf the web with their mobile devices. they just wish to do more things on their devices like never before. that is a huge market that is yet to be tapped.

the traditional client/server architecture for apps served the web space more than native apps. that is why mozilla foundation are producing their mobile platform named firefox os to support mobile web apps to access resources on devices just like native apps. this will make it easy for web apps to access device resources like camera, microphone, phonebooks and others. Hence web developers who are conversant with html5, css3 and javascript can conveniently developed web apps that can run like native apps.

if u want to learn web application development, concentrate on front-end things as they are the part of the web app that users will see and will be run on clients(i.e mobile devices)

more to come just hit me up for a chat undecided
Re: The Next Big Thing After Facebook? The Future Of Wealth And Tech. by Jehem: 12:08am On Sep 21, 2013
GideonG: This world is changing, and it's changing really fast! I can vividly remember last ten years
very few Nigerians even have email address.

So many Billionaires were made through the Internet within the last decade. what will be
the next hottest stuff?

what will be the next Internet?

I am a very Ambitious person and I always want to be a world class Billionaire. I understand
that before i can find my way to Forbes in this present day world, I have to be open to new
ides,current trend and see the future so as to brace myself for what will be a hottest trend in
the nearest future. So in sighing the future I am making my views open to the forum members
so that I can hear your own views too, and see if my views make sense to you.

When Computers came out it started from a Big Frame machines to huge desktops to mini frame
systems to Laptop and palmtop to Tablet PCs.

As I said earlier Internet Changed everything in this world from communication to business to
socializing to easy access to Information. I think the next big thing has already being around, it's
just that it has not yet reached it's peaked. it's like a time bomb waiting to explode.

You are already in possession of it, who knows you might even be using it and reading this post.
Yes! it's not a hidden secret or a new idea but when you check out how things are changing at the
speed of light you will agree with me that in the nearest future these are the things that will happen:

People all over the world will pay for goods and services through their mobile phones
The Phone wallet will replace credit cards and cash.
The mobile phone market will be a multi Billion dollar industry and the next richest Billionaires will come
from that sector
Apps will have more flexibility such that they can be linked to one another just like the internet where
you can link one website to the other.
People will be more comfortable computing with their phones rather than using computers
Phones will be more computerized.

In fact i need to learn web application development and be a final guru fast!
Life's going to change drastically in this decade (2011-2020) Are you ready for the change?
I want to hear your views

Hi, i love your passion for programming and i would love to chat with you and also make you my friend. I am very interested in programming too, although i'm a newbie. My email is thumpmike13@gmail.com and my tel is 07030081451. Please contact me so we can discuss. Thank you.
Re: The Next Big Thing After Facebook? The Future Of Wealth And Tech. by Jehem: 12:08am On Sep 21, 2013
romme2u: mobile applications and mobile web apps.

while i was a student my project was "converting conventional(legacy) database to mobile database system". this shows that applications are moving from the traditional computing environments to mobile platforms.

But development and deployment will still be with traditional computing environment since every mobile apps will need to share resources from the server. and secondly mobile devices are not sophisticated enough for development/deployment purposes(i doubt if mobile devices will ever be used for deployment purposes because of their mobility)

@GIDEONG i really saw a market some time ago that is still yet untapped and that holds a very promising future.
During my project undertakings i discover that research shows that more people require airtime top-up from their mobile devices but this services are still not popular yet. if you wish we can work together on that though it is a long term project.

on the overall, the mobile web space will dominate in the next few years to come as more and more people prefer to surf the web with their mobile devices. they just wish to do more things on their devices like never before. that is a huge market that is yet to be tapped.

the traditional client/server architecture for apps served the web space more than native apps. that is why mozilla foundation are producing their mobile platform named firefox os to support mobile web apps to access resources on devices just like native apps. this will make it easy for web apps to access device resources like camera, microphone, phonebooks and others. Hence web developers who are conversant with html5, css3 and javascript can conveniently developed web apps that can run like native apps.

if u want to learn web application development, concentrate on front-end things as they are the part of the web app that users will see and will be run on clients(i.e mobile devices)

more to come just hit me up for a chat undecided

Hi, i love your passion for programming and i would love to chat with you and also make you my friend. I am very interested in programming too, although i'm a newbie. My email is thumpmike13@gmail.com and my tel is 07030081451. Please contact me so we can discuss. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

SONY VAIO Laptop amazing price slash 40k (pics) / GSM Phone Box / London Used Blackberry Very Clean And Very Cheap A Trail Will Convice You.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.