Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment (9167 Views)

Police Clash With Service Commission Over Recruitment Of 10,000 Constables / 2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / Lagos State Local Government Service Commission Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Islie: 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2022
By Abdulyassar Abdulhamid

The Inspector General of Police, Alkali Baba Usman, and Police Service Commission are in a fresh disagreement over police recruitment exercise.

Police Service Commission had opened its portal for the recruitment of police constable for the year 2022 and placed an advert on the recruitment in a national dailies.

But in response to the development, the Nigeria Police Force urged Nigerians to disregard the advertisement.

In a statement on Monday, the Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said the advert had no connection with the Nigeria Police Force and was not in tandem with the police recruitment process.

The statement reads in part, “The Nigeria Police Force wishes to inform well-meaning members of the public that it has not commenced the 2022 police constables recruitment into the Nigeria Police Force contrary to a publication on Page 21 of Daily Sun Newspaper of Thursday August 11, 2022 by the Police Service Commission (PSC).

“The police similarly state unequivocally that the advert has no connection with the Nigeria Police Force nor is it in tandem with the police recruitment process, and should be disregarded in all its entirety. The website to which the publication refers intending candidates – http://www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng – is not associated with the Nigeria Police Force.

“The Nigeria Police Force hereby calls on all stakeholders and intending applicants to discountenance the information in both the newspaper and on the portal as the website is not the official portal for Police Constables recruitment.

“The Nigeria Police Force thereby assures well-meaning Nigerians that the commencement of the 2022 recruitment exercise will be announced via the official police e-recruitment website – https://policerecruitment.gov.ng, the Nigeria Police Force official website – https://www.npf.gov.ng, and advertisements on national dailies and official police social media accounts as and when due.”

Recall that the former IGP, Mohammed Adamu, and the PSC Chairman, Alhaji Musiliu Smith, were at loggerheads over which body is allowed by law to carry out the recruitment process.

The commission had dragged the former IGP and the Force to court for conducting the recruitment exercise of 10,000 constables in 2019.

https://dailytrust.com/igp-police-service-commission-in-fresh-disagreement-over-recruitment

1 Share

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by slivertongue: 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
Corrupt cat and mouse fight

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Tunjitos: 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2022
Interesting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Llight101(m): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2022
What a country!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by SIMONEKPA7: 9:22am On Aug 23, 2022
smiley
The NPF has the statutory right to recruit into the NPF , appointment (graduate) is the right of PSC

2 Likes

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Damidave1124(m): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2022
PSC and NPF wahala...
Nothing concern me, make them dey drag themselve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Illuminatiship(m): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2022
Ok
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by NwaNimo1(m): 9:24am On Aug 23, 2022
Backward people....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216404.gif[/img]

...Backward country.

3 Likes

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Olojuobinrin(m): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2022
We don’t need more police officers !!
If you can’t recruit sane humans into the force then don’t conduct any recruitment exercise!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by princepeter566: 9:25am On Aug 23, 2022
Welcome to Nigeria my country....

1 Like

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by princepeter566: 9:26am On Aug 23, 2022
Buhari is shocked

1 Like

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by crossbreedwears(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2022
I don't even know what to say

Anyway, I am into handmade leather footwear

Contact me if you're interested
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Lanretoye(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2022
Recruitment of irresponsible men as usual.
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Trueprophet91: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2022
It's all about who gets the lion share, isn't it...

Everyone is clamoring for his share of this national cow milk.

I see the cow drop dead of exhaustion, I see the milkers scatter in a thousand directions...

This I have seen cool

My eyes are seeing and my ears are hearing cool cool
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Seefinish: 9:31am On Aug 23, 2022
It is not about the national interest, it is about personal interest of Smith. Since Smith took over that office, he has been fighting with every Inspector General of Police over the recruitment of Police.
The police Service Commission should be scrapped

1 Like

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by ogododo: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2022
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/igp-police-service-commission-in-fresh-disagreement-over-recruitment

Nothing dey fall for line for dis government. One go sey A anoda B.
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Akinsete19(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2022
They should fight and beat themselves to stupor.
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by 14kk: 9:35am On Aug 23, 2022
Stupid people and bunch of criminals in uniform angry
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Sammy07: 9:43am On Aug 23, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
The NPF has the statutory right to recruit into the NPF , appointment (graduate) is the right of PSC

Yeah, you're correct

2 Likes

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Igbodicool(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2022
Who still dey do police work?

Bunch of high way bribe takers.
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by seunayantokun(m): 10:01am On Aug 23, 2022
Because igp wants to fill all northern slots with fulani in furtherance of their fulanisation agenda.
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Authoreety: 10:01am On Aug 23, 2022
Mtchwwww

Police kwa!

Anybody wey wa join police... Check a well....

Him dey thief on a low key or him na cultist
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Frank150: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2022
Aboki....
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Badonasty(m): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2022
Lol…na Wetin I dey take know say police wan recruit be this….if these two never fight…recruitment never take place be that
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by stabilizer: 10:41am On Aug 23, 2022
My dad said the police service commission is the most corrupted commission in Nigeria and Africa as a whole followed by efcc.

He said Smith is the main problem of the Nigerian police force
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by We4all: 11:03am On Aug 23, 2022
stabilizer:
My dad said the police service commission is the most corrupted commission in Nigeria and Africa as a whole followed by efcc.

He said Smith is the main problem of the Nigerian police force

At this point, I am smiling. This ‘my dad’ man has come again. You make me laugh.
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Oesophagus99(m): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2022
Similar jeopardy almost happened under obasanjo...

But under Buhari is at it's worst
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Proudlyomonna: 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
Shame no kukuma dey dis Country again ever since 2015 undecided

Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Kzcee: 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
Lanretoye:
Recruitment of irresponsible men as usual.

Police Service Commission is not yet ashamed as the IG trying hard to clean the the force by ejecting the hoodlums, illiterates, mannerless being recruited by it for years. Even though that is not its legal duty but was high Jack because naija police is so passive and can't talk neither protest. PSC should relax at this time that all sectors need sane being /new leafs to transform to have a new Nigeria. PSC is a civilian body that recruits idiots that's tarnishing police image.
Re: IGP, Police Service Commission In Fresh Disagreement Over Recruitment by Aboks(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2022
Naija na scam

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Technical University Ibadan Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance / Why Do You Want To Work Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.