Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,205 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

The Fruit Of Academic Excellence — A Non-fiction Story. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Fruit Of Academic Excellence — A Non-fiction Story. (175 Views)

ATBU Circular On The Resumption Of Academic Activities After ASUU Strike. / Lautech Announces Resumption Of Academic Activities Despite Strike / ASUU Strike: ASUU-LASU Demands Payment Of Academic Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fruit Of Academic Excellence — A Non-fiction Story. by OmoGbadamosi01(m): 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
Are you fond of engaging in examination malpractices and academic frauds? Are you tired of studying hard because of the "Education is a scam" mantra? Then, this piece is for you.

The story below is a true life story whose academic Excel paved the way for him, even as a Jambite.

THE FRUIT OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE — A NON-FICTION STORY.
THE TOUGH DECISION.

Obinna’s mind was preoccupied with a lot of thoughts as he trudged behind his friends. They were heading back home after their tutorial class. He quickly increased his pace when Dolapo called his name.

“When are you going to pay for the special center?” Emeka asked him.

“I don’t know. I’m still not convinced about the whole thing. I may not pay for the ‘runs’ eventually.” Obinna replied.

Dolapo broke into a mirthful laugh while Obinna scowled at her.

“E be like say you’re not ready to enter the university.” Emeka muttered.

Daniel tapped Obinna’s shoulder affectionately. He is the youngest member of the group. He was the younger brother of Obinna’s friend, Philips.

“Brother! You need to do this thing so that you won’t waste another year at home. Your mates are already at 300 level. ” Daniel stated emphatically.

Obinna turned his cheeks to the other side so that his friends wouldn’t see the drop of tears on his face. This is his fourth attempt at writing JAMB exams. Despite his efforts, he didn’t get admission to the university.

Many of his peers, including Daniel’s elder brother, are now at university. Most of them either registered with special centres or paid for runs to ensure that answers were made available to them before the exams.

Obinna detests examination malpractice and other forms of academic fraud. He believes that his academic excellence is enough to get him admitted to a reputable university to pursue his dreams. Therefore, he studied hard to pass the UTME exams.

On two occasions, he scored above the cut-off marks but didn’t gain admission. His first two attempts were below the average score. Over the years, Obinna stuck to his decision not to engage in malpractice.

Unfortunately, his efforts seem to be in vain. His friends, who are not half as brilliant as he is, had high JAMB scores and gained admission easily into the university. Even Philips, who is known for stalking ladies at the tutorial, is now at 300 level.

To add insult to injury, his father had sworn not to sponsor his education again if he failed to gain admission this year. His mother advised him to go and learn handiwork in order to not waste his time anymore. Obinna refused to learn handiwork because he suspected that his parents wouldn’t sponsor his academic pursuit again if he stopped writing JAMB.

Atanda’s voice jolted him back to reality. “My uncle already promised to send me the answers before the exam. I am so lucky to have a relative working with JAMB. Who else is interested in getting the answers? ” Atanda asked.

“I am interested. just send it to me via WhatsApp. ” Obinna replied.

Everybody looked at him and laughed. They began to mock Obinna’s sense of morality till they parted ways.

ACCIDENTAL DISCOVERY
…………….

Oloye Isiaka glanced through the rearview mirror of his car. He enjoyed the serenity of Lagos Island. He has decided to cruise around the posh areas of the island before taking a flight back to Abuja.

He was in Lagos for a summit. As the new JAMB registrar and Academic Head,, he organized several conferences with key stakeholders in order to bring about the much desired change in the board.

Read More Here�
https://ofofoentertainment.com/academic-excellence-how-obinna-overcome/

(1) (Reply)

Get Scholarships In UK At University Of Leeds. / SCHOLARSHIP: University Of Minnesota Undergraduate Scholarship / Best Massage Therapy Schools In Ontario

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.