Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. (1087 Views)

Just Made A Game In Js / Learnt The Basic Of C Programming.. But It's Still Not Making Any Sense To Me.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:32am On Aug 23, 2022
Up until now i never really understood how Wordpress works, the themes and the plugins. Before now, i watched a video on Wordpress theme development, but I had to stop half way into the video because It wasn’t making sense to me. But i quess it’s because I was just getting into web dev. So today, I was just thinking about how to make my portfolio website. I didn’t want to code from scratch, so i was thinking of a quick fix and I thought about Wordpress. Then I began wondering what the themes and plugins are and it occurred to me that the themes are just html, css and javascript ( your usual front end). You just need to know the functions provided to you by Wordpress in order to integrate it into Wordpress. Same thing with plugins. If you want an additional functionality that is not reading or writing to the database, like integrating external API’s or an authentication endpoint . Although I have not looked at plug-in development but this is what I think. This actually makes development faster instead of writing everything from scratch thereby making faster money. I should have went the Wordpress route , by now I would have started making money. I will still learn it anyway . Wordpress is actually cool.

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2022
U need to know PHP Too.. In other to build your own plugins n themes.

I laugh all those clowns whom when u tell u built a website for a client using wordpress and they'd tell u why can't u build from scratch.

I've noticed those people are either new to web dev... or don't get more than 1 GIG In 6 months.

I'm yet to see a real Web dev freelancer who isn't grateful to Codecanyon, Themeforest, Babiato and Wordpress.. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by February30(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

I laugh all those clowns whom when u tell u built a website for a client using wordpress and they'd tell u why can't u build from scratch.

I've noticed those people are either new to web dev... or don't get more than 1 GIG In 6 months.

I'm yet to see a real Web dev freelancer who isn't grateful to Codecanyon, Themeforest, Babiato and Wordpress.. grin

they are still learning the basics.

so they need more coding practice. lol

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by chukwuebuka65(m): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Yea, I know php

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by RepoMan007: 11:44am On Aug 23, 2022
WordPress is tried and tested when it comes to non scalable web apps. It gives you a lot of options for web apps with 20-300k records of post types.
Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Yea, I know php
Hmm...
Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by chukwuebuka65(m): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
RepoMan007:
WordPress is tried and tested when it comes to non scalable web apps. It gives you a lot of options for web apps with 20-300k records of post types.

Non-scalable ? Cant you put a load balancer in front of the application?
Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by RepoMan007: 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Non-scalable ? Cant you put a load balancer in front of the application?
can WordPress do a site like aliexpress or amazon with load balancer and stand?

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by TastyFriedPussy: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
Up until now i never really understood how Wordpress works, the themes and the plugins. Before now, i watched a video on Wordpress theme development, but I had to stop half way into the video because It wasn’t making sense to me. But i quess it’s because I was just getting into web dev. So today, I was just thinking about how to make my portfolio website. I didn’t want to code from scratch, so i was thinking of a quick fix and I thought about Wordpress. Then I began wondering what the themes and plugins are and it occurred to me that the themes are just html, css and javascript ( your usual front end). You just need to know the functions provided to you by Wordpress in order to integrate it into Wordpress. Same thing with plugins. If you want an additional functionality that is not reading or writing to the database, like integrating external API’s or an authentication endpoint . Although I have not looked at plug-in development but this is what I think. This actually makes development faster instead of writing everything from scratch thereby making faster money. I should have went the Wordpress route , by now I would have started making money. I will still learn it anyway . Wordpress is actually cool.
nonsense and incest tongue arrant Blatter of the highest order.. tongue making fast money, making fast money.... Bros, if making fast money was your problem, why not go do ritual or Yahoo Yahoo instead of
coming to oversaturate programming field for us? tongue I can see the reason you started coding or went into programming was because of money. Because anyone who has a genuine passion for coding will prefer building stuff from scratch rather than using WordPress, and would also not care about how fast the money comes tongue it's people like you I have problem with. All these doctors and pharmacists turned programmers because of money tongue career prostitutes tongue Mumu goats tongue

Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by Fourpockets: 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
nonsense and incest tongue arrant Blatter of the highest order.. tongue making fast money, making fast money.... Bros, if making fast money was your problem, why not go do ritual or Yahoo Yahoo instead of
coming to oversaturate programming field for us? tongue I can see the reason you started coding or went into programming was because of money. Because anyone who has a genuine passion for coding will prefer building stuff from scratch rather than using WordPress, and would also not care about how fast the money comes tongue it's people like you I have problem with. All these doctors and pharmacists turned programmers because of money tongue career prostitutes tongue Mumu goats tongue

Rubbish.

I've been noticing you and GREATIGBOMAN insult everybody for the past 2 days, why don't you guys open a thread and battle it out with algorithms in your preferred language?
To be frank what you guy6are doing is not adding anything meaningful to this section cry

3 Likes

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by chukwuebuka65(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
RepoMan007:
can WordPress do a site like aliexpress or amazon with load balancer and stand?

I dont know. I am asking? But is it not possible to put a load balancer between multiple instances of Wordpress?
Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by chukwuebuka65(m): 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

Rubbish.

I can see you are very stupid. It seems you are still kid living under a guardian who provides food and shelter for you. Because if not, if u get a gig, you would want to finish it as soon as possible so you can move on to the next one. So you haven’t heard of the term “don’t reinvent the wheel”. And talking about writing code from scratch, i hope you are writing your codes in machine language and not some high level language. Because those high level language was made to make development faster and easy which is what Wordpress does. Just go and borrow sense pls.

2 Likes

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by Maxxim: 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
Yes wordpress is cool, it gets crazy when you starts learning about it's plugin, I was amazed at first when I learned about what a line of code could do.
I'm still in it's learning process too.
Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by February30(m): 6:02am On Aug 25, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

I can see you are very stupid. It seems you are still living under a guardian who provides food and shelter for you. Because if not, if u get a gig, you would want to finish it as soon as possible so you can move on to the next one. So you haven’t heard of the term “don’t reinvent the wheel”. And talking about writing code from scratch, i hope you are writing your codes in machine language and not some high level language. Because those high level language was made to make development faster and easy which is what Wordpress does. Just go and borrow sense pls.

you sound very experienced.

do me a favour.

learn not to argue with fools.

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by chukwuebuka65(m): 7:55am On Aug 25, 2022
February30:

you sound very experienced.

do me a favour.

learn not to argue with fools.

I wanted to but I realized he could still be living with his parents, so I had to tutor him. And it turned out the guy is still an undergraduate. In one of the threads he opened, he was asking if he could learn programming while studying computer Science . But the fool was wise enough not to reply me. I believe he realized his folly

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:02am On Aug 25, 2022
Fourpockets:

I've been noticing you and GREATIGBOMAN insult everybody for the past 2 days, why don't you guys open a thread and battle it out with algorithms in your preferred language?
To be frank what you guy6are doing is not adding anything meaningful to this section cry

Battle it out in algorithms? A CS undergraduate that opened a thread asking if he could combine programming with his studies? I bet he doesn’t even know what an algorithm is , not to talk of writing one.
Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by dodgelord: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fourpockets:

And want somebody to hire him. And he will want to build something that alot of people will use with this kind of act.
Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by emetisuccess(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hmmm. Make I no talk Sha. Make I just mind my business.
Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by rolinox(m): 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
It can indeed be a powerful tool for building websites, especially when you want to get something up quickly without coding everything from scratch. You're right that themes are essentially the frontend, and plugins can add extra functionality. Learning WordPress can open up a lot of opportunities in web development. If you're looking for helpful resources to learn more about WordPress, you might want to check out webdesignbooth.com. They have some useful articles and tips that could aid your journey into WordPress development.
Re: Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. by silento(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
WordPress is good but not good enough for some project

(1) (Reply)

Step To Programming / Where Can I Do Computer Networking Programme In Portharcourt? / Multimedia (mms)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.