Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Lost Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lost Love (491 Views)

Lost Love (fiction) / ~THE LOST LOVE~ Christian Literature / Lost Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Love by 1du547(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2022
TITLE: LOST LOVE
The jink of her unexpected "No" sent an abrupt look of shock throughout his gloomy face. He was right there on his knees, surrounded by family and friends. Being confused would seem as not so the right word to use. They've had no issues since their 3years of courtship. Moreover she had been pushing for this, and now she unhesitantly turned him down?
Her parents rushed out after her as they also got a share in the shock. This was all happening around 6pm on a showery Wednesday evening. Paul was still right there with a knee still impressed on the floor staring sharply into thin air in a transfixed state. With some words of comfort he was able to stand on his feet which was probably stiffened from the declination from Stephanie. The look on his face posed the question "why?" When he got home he called severally but it seemed she intentionally avoided his calls. This was a young man climbing his way through the hurdles of life, he wasn't earning enough but he felt love should augment for it. He finally received the answer he was pushing for when she knocked his door around 7@m the following morning. She made it clear to him that she can't spend her life with someone who's not even certain of his next meal. She left him with another round of shock. It appeared like a streak of pain. He vowed to be a success someday.
Months passed by, then years. Finally he was the man he dreamt to be. He was finally feeling fulfilled but not entirely; he wanted his ex to see him for what He has become but there was no certainty of them ever crossing paths again because since the last five years they haven't met, neither had he seen her parents.
On a faithful Monday morning, he manned up and drove right to his ex's family house to show off himself and rub his success on their faces. Just as he had anticipated he met only her parents. "Probably she'd be married," he thought to himself. Luckily her parents agreed to take him to her after much persuasion. They got into his car and after 20 minutes of driving through the roads, they stopped by a cemetery. He became confused but he didn't utter a word. Then he found himself standing beside a grave written " Madu Stephanie Greg." His heart sunk, he was inquisitive to know what had happened. Well, she rejected his proposal not because she felt he wasn't good enough, but because she was critically Ill and didn't want to add to his burden as she always knew he had a bright future. She died 6 months after severing ties with him. Uncontrollably, the saline liquid from his eyes decorated his chicks. He had been planning revenge for so long for someone who wanted nothing but the best for him. There was nothing he could do now but weep silently. Stephanie’s mom then reached out for her handbag. She brought out a letter Stephanie wrote just a few weeks to her death, and she had wanted Paul to have it. He couldn’t even have a firm grip of it, his hands were shaky and his body filled with terror. It read :
“With tears I pen down these words and with fright I weep for our memories…If you ever receive this any day it’ll mean I’m already gone so I apologize now for leaving you when you needed me the most but you must know that I never for once stopped praying for you… promise to inscribe on your heart forever – our memories. “
Once more, his face was all gloomy, once more, another sad day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lost Love by Eddysilver(m): 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2022
This is the first time I am the first to comment on a thread. Your story seems promising. Keep the updates pouring in.

1 Like

Re: Lost Love by Eddysilver(m): 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
Jullyrosy, xavier5, dodoatirice, tgold1, adesina12, adeabdul2, teddybliss come and read a story.

2 Likes

Re: Lost Love by Dybala11(m): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2022
Lovely piece OP, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Lost Love by Adesina12: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2022
Incredible and promising beginning
I trust you have plenty in your stock Op
Ann2012 join us here
Sweep popcorn for you Op

1 Like

Re: Lost Love by Adesina12: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2022
Eddysilver:
Jullyrosy, xavier5, dodoatirice, tgold1, adesina12, adeabdul2, teddybliss come and read a story.

Thank you for mentioning
Sweet popcorn for you
Re: Lost Love by Eddysilver(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2022
Adesina12:

Thank you for mentioning
Sweet popcorn for you
You're welcome smiley
Re: Lost Love by Ann2012(f): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2022
Adesina12:
Incredible and promising beginning
I trust you have plenty in your stock Op
Ann2012 join us here
Sweep popcorn for you Op

I don land

1 Like

Re: Lost Love by Adesina12: 11:23am On Aug 25, 2022
Ann2012:

I don land

Welcome our Queen of literature
Sweet popcorn for you

(1) (Reply)

Poetry / Mr Miller And The Marble Traders / Etisalat Prize For Literature Releases Longlist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.