Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State (8726 Views)

Peter Obi Can't Win Presidential Election - Labour Party State Chairmen / Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest / Wike: We Won’t Allow Nigeria Turn Into A One Party State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Yoruba1stson: 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate spokesman Festus Keyamo had said that Nigeria owes the sustenance of the present multiparty democracy to the doggedness and integrity of the presidential candidate Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

He noted that it took the forthrightness of Tinubu to stand against the deft moves by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to turn the country into a one-party state in 2003.

Keyamo made this declaration in Abuja on Tuesday during the unveiling of a new support group, The Progressives Forum (TPF) that transformed from the All Progressives Youth Forum (APYF).

According to the Minister of State for Labour and Productivity: “Without Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, we will not have a multiparty democracy today. That’s the truth! He has earned it. If you are wise enough 2003, that was a turning point in Nigeria’s democracy. The
PDP wiped out all the people and states in both the South and North.

“But Asiwaju fought back and kept Lagos. Although they nearly entered Lagos, he fought fiercely to recover it. At that point, they came to him and said, ‘Oya, Asiwaju come to PDP so that you won’t have problems in 2007.

“It takes a strength of character and conviction to say ‘No, I won’t join the ruling party.’ From Lagos, he started to fight back before he stretched his hands over the Niger and today, we have General Buhari in power.

“That is why we have a multiparty democracy today.

If not, this country would have ended up as a one-party state. I usually say it. You may not want to vote for him but give him his credit. Without that man standing today, we would have only a party called the PDP. That’s the truth.

“It takes the strength of character. But look at all the other candidates, just one small problem, they will jump. They have been jumping from one party to the other.”

The founder of The Progressives Forum (PTF), Barrister Ismaeel Ahmed said the objective of the forum was to take part and take charge. He expressed satisfaction that in the last 7 years, members of the group have taken elective and appointive positions.

He said: “Our mission is to take our destiny into our hands. We want to anchor the pool for professionals to take charge of policy-making and running the party structures. We want to bring our expertise and training to bear on the party structures and governance. We will be pushing for cabinet positions for our members and everybody involved in progressive ideology.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/but-for-tinubu-nigeria-would-have-become-one-party-state-keyamo/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by derecho(m): 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2022
Okay...anymore story?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Qtrpst4: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
Enough of these drug baron abeg

OK what did we end up with after that? A buhari that is the worse disaster any nation in the world will ever face? Is tht what sophisticated is? Or that's his strategy, to give Nigeria misery so that he can ask us to give him presidency.

Abeg make una stop to talk about this dumb man

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Racoon(m): 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
So what have the APC reduced Nigeria into? Keyamo just running his mouth like a broken tap.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Massiveglory: 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2022
If tinubu loves Nigeria, he will step down and go rest with his wife and grand children.
Tinubu knows deep down , that he is not physically and mentally fit for the job.
It's just the greedy being in him and the unfriendly friends around him that are pushing him to disgrace himself. He will not see the post. He is sealed and sent to go and rest.

35 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by ambale(m): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
Alaye we are in 2022, una get new update to help us out or not

Quit all this balderdash ojere

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Freelane33(m): 4:17am On Aug 24, 2022
Lol
Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Omonieme: 4:17am On Aug 24, 2022
When I watched Shettima's NBA speech, I had to applaud his intelligence.... Same with Obi's. The problem is, we Don too hear nice speeches and plans but zero execution of these plans. If not for Tinubu's rumored state of health, he'd have been the best option at this time considering his fame of being able to spot talent and harness the best human resources in administration. However, Tinubu and his handlers are yet to convince us of his physical and mental ability to handle the rigors of the presidency. As for Obi, he gives me a sense of dejavu of 2015 happening all again. There's this messianic complex around him that might end up disappointing everyone. And governance is not by quoting statistics and highlighting problems but also proffering workable solutions to the highlighted problems.... He's yet to do this. Well, maybe he would when the campaigns start proper. As for Atiku, his policy document is brilliant and he might do well. But, from what we know from him particularly from that Obasanjo book which a keen follower of Atiku will at least agree has some truths and his zero ability to even lead his party the PDP, can he be trusted to implement what's in the policy document? Wo, 2023 presents Nigerians with the hardest of choices abeg. However, there's one easy decision I can help you make before 2023 and that's an auto decision. I've got this awesome Toyota Camry 2004 for sale. First Body, Chilling Ac, reverse Camera, mp3/Mp4 sound system, clean used,(This one na my personal ride) for sale. Click on my profile, check it out and send a whatsapp message let's deal.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by loosecanon50(m): 4:18am On Aug 24, 2022
It would have been better still, because APC has brought nothing but bloodshed, inflation and hardship.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Peacemaker5129(f): 4:20am On Aug 24, 2022
Sane Nigerians (not people from the land of splitting innocent bloods in the name of beerfraud madness) should be begging Mazi Tinubu to contest president

3 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by chidiebere2020(m): 4:20am On Aug 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by CEPHAS101: 4:22am On Aug 24, 2022
Should we now fry egg........ APChit coming to limelight had done more havoc than good..... So shut up ur mouth there festus

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by aestake: 4:24am On Aug 24, 2022
ambale:
Alaye we are in 2022, una get new update to help us out or not

Quit all this balderdash ojere
We never survive the one they are part of and they are campaigning for someone worse than the present one.

5 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Michelle70(m): 4:24am On Aug 24, 2022
loosecanon50:
I'm not a Tinubu supporter, but I totally agree with Keyamo on this one. Nigeria would have been a one-party state.

But, it would have been better. Because APC has brought nothing but bloodshed, inflation and hardship.
It wouldnt have been better.
Though APC hasnt done enough but the condition of having different varieties to choose from cannot be overemphasized.
I comot my hand from the matter

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Peacemaker5129(f): 4:24am On Aug 24, 2022
"we no dey give shishi crews" are coming to abuse Keyamo now

3 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by ekukeku(m): 4:25am On Aug 24, 2022
But sincerely speaking, how will APC campaign to us to vote for Dem after 8 years of NIGERIA TOP TO BOTTOM.

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Gadafii: 4:25am On Aug 24, 2022
This keyamo guy would be worse than Alh. Lai
Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Yankee101: 4:27am On Aug 24, 2022
So Tinubu made Awolowo, Zik And Ahmadu Bello abi?

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by loosecanon50(m): 4:29am On Aug 24, 2022
Michelle70:
It wouldnt have been better.
Though APC hasnt done enough but the condition of having different varieties to choose from cannot be overemphasized

I agree. I'm glad labour party is in the mix now

7 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Ballzproblem2: 4:30am On Aug 24, 2022
s
Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by majamajic(m): 4:31am On Aug 24, 2022
It's even better

So Tinubu was before awololwo ?
Him bringing APC is of no value , look at where we are now
Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by femicyrus(m): 4:31am On Aug 24, 2022
True
Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by majamajic(m): 4:32am On Aug 24, 2022
femicyrus:
True

Explain how ? What did APC change ?
Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Enkidu70: 4:36am On Aug 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by SmartPolician: 4:37am On Aug 24, 2022
You cannot reward an old man with the future, destinies and dreams of 200 million people.

Why is it so difficult for these ne'er-do-wells to understand?

3 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by femicyrus(m): 4:39am On Aug 24, 2022
majamajic:

Explain how ?
PDP planned to retain power at the center for 50 years, rigging states election to ensure the party has next to none opposition.
Anpp, AC, APGA, LP, AA etc individually is no match for the ambition of PDP until tinubu came up with a successful merger of almost 4 weak parties

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by majamajic(m): 4:46am On Aug 24, 2022
femicyrus:

PDP planned to retain power at the center for 50 years, rigging states election to ensure the party has next to none opposition.
Anpp, AC, APGA, LP, AA etc individually is no match for the ambition of PDP until tinubu came up with a successful merger of almost 4 weak parties

And here we are today , that was the mistake that cost nigeria .

PDP as a single party would have been better than this kind of government we have today

Even during the military rule , I enjoyed NIGERIA than what we have now , there was value for life , no insecurities like now , we feed well than now . Bringing in APC was a mistake , Tinubu brought in Buhari .

5 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by coconutbag: 4:52am On Aug 24, 2022
Oh
Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Areaboy2(m): 5:02am On Aug 24, 2022
As much as i hate to admit, he is right.

So, allow Obi to make it a 3 party state grin
win win

5 Likes

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by Laboosh(m): 5:06am On Aug 24, 2022
This is what happened when u are not born of virgin

Re: Keyamo: If Not For Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-Party State by femicyrus(m): 5:09am On Aug 24, 2022
majamajic:

And here we are today , that was the mistake that cost nigeria .

PDP as a single party would have been better than this kind of government we have today

Even during the military rule , I enjoyed NIGERIA than what we have now , there was value for life , no insecurities like now , we feed well than now . Bringing in APC was a mistake , Tinubu brought in Buhari .
Typical of an average Nigerian, we forgot too quickly.
Gej and PDP were practically bullied out of office for poor performance in 2015.
Finance minister told Nigeria that the fg can no longer pay salary of workers from a certain month.
Petroleum minister was packing money like pumping machine
Stealing became a norm while Nigerians were suffering.
Buhari and APC looks like the messiah that will end corruption if elected but alas! He is a greater disaster.
Nigerians are now suffering more than gej suffered us.
Mind you, tinubu supported the candidate of the merged parties. Atiku contested the primary election with buhari. The convention voted for buhari because of the believe that he is not corrupt like atiku and that he will end corruption and insecurity.
What do you expect tinubu to do?
Go against the decision of a party he just sweated to form?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Dismiss LP's Petition Against Deputy Reps Speaker, Ben Kalu / Please How Can I Stop Receiving MTN Learn English Unsolicited Message.... Help / Should Nigeria Grant Independence To Biafra, Yes Or No ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.