Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke (1221 Views)

Hard Starting On 2009 Honda Accord / I Have An Offer To Purchase A Nigerian Use 2009 Honda Accord At 800k / Mclaren ₦792m Prototype Hypercar Burst Into Cloud Of Smoke At UK Petrol Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Otunbaigwe(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2022
Pls what can I do when my 2009 honda accord emmit plenty smoke?
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by texannaija: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2022
Your engine is gone. I guess..
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Conner44: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2022
Otunbaigwe:

You keep pouring water ontop so the smoke won’t turn to fire grin

But seriously, just save up for another engine soon.
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by homeboy205: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2022
Otunbaigwe:

What kind of smoke? The color I meant
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Otunbaigwe(m): 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2022
homeboy205:

What kind of smoke? The color I meant

Bluish smoke boss
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by aAK1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
Otunbaigwe:

Bluish smoke boss
IF ITS a 4 plug just get 500k and buy new engine. dont even let anybody work on it
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Dozieson(m): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2022
Otunbaigwe:

Bluish smoke boss

Is your engine oil reducing?
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by jceesquare(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
Dozieson:

This your question funny to me.
Engine is emitting plenty bluish smoke and you're asking him if his oil is reducing.
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Conner44: 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2022
jceesquare:

This your question funny to me.
Engine is emitting plenty bluish smoke and you're asking him if his oil is reducing.

He was right to ask those kind of generic questions. The op just came here to say he has a smoking engine without giving out any other single information concerning his vehicles make, engine type, when the issue started or any prior works he had done that might have triggered his problem.

That’s why I just didn’t know what to say to help him.
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by jceesquare(m): 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
Conner44:

He was right to ask those kind of generic questions. The op just came here to say he has a smoking engine without giving out any other single information concerning his vehicles make, engine type, when the issue started or any prior works he had done that might have triggered his problem.

That’s why I just didn’t know what to say to help him.
You've advised him to save up for another engine in your earlier response.
That engine is gone brother.
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Conner44: 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
jceesquare:

You've advised him to save up for another engine in your earlier response.
That engine is gone brother.

No that’s not entirely true. There are several things that could make an engine starting smoking and losing oil which can be fixed so far it is not corrupted with sludge due to extended oil change intervals with bad oils.
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Angrygoat: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
Burnt gasket
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Otunbaigwe(m): 12:53am On Aug 25, 2022
aAK1:
IF ITS a 4 plug just get 500k and buy new engine. dont even let anybody work on it
It's a 6 plug engine
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Otunbaigwe(m): 12:54am On Aug 25, 2022
Dozieson:

I think so
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by jceesquare(m): 4:57am On Aug 25, 2022
Conner44:

No that’s not entirely true. There are several things that could make an engine starting smoking and losing oil which can be fixed so far it is not corrupted with sludge due to extended oil change intervals with bad oils.
I know. But in this context, his engine is dead and gone.
He just confirmed it burns oil.
I'm pretty sure his engine is gummed up with sludge and he uses 20W50 with long service intervals, his fan has been bypassed to further worsen the sludge buildup and his car is most likely or definitely running rich.
We see this with most car users a lot (I was a victim).
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Dozieson(m): 5:23am On Aug 25, 2022
Otunbaigwe:

I think so

Are you the first user in Nigeria? The rebuilding/ringing of the engine could help if bores are still within the range.

Pcv value may be the issue.
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by aAK1(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2022
jceesquare:

I know. But in this context, his engine is dead and gone.
He just confirmed it burns oil.
I'm pretty sure his engine is gummed up with sludge and he uses 20W50 with long service intervals, his fan has been bypassed to further worsen the sludge buildup and his car is most likely or definitely running rich.
We see this with most car users a lot (I was a victim).
his car running rich will be black smoke not blue. Either way,s a new engine would be the only way. Any short cut will result in him spending 3 times the amount of a new engine
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by jceesquare(m): 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2022
aAK1:
his car running rich will be black smoke not blue. Either way,s a new engine would be the only way. Any short cut will result in him spending 3 times the amount of a new engine
Kindly read the entire message you quoted sir with the sequel to the assumption of it running rich then you'll understand my point (regardless of the color of smoke coming from the exhaust).
When you run your fan directly, your car would be in a constant open loop state and dump more fuel to heat it up. Now using a thicker oil in combination with the open loop situation would cause sludge buildup in the engine and worse if car is city driven.

2 Likes

Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by MedicH: 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
I just saw one camry 2004 today one illiterate uneducated mechanic was pouring a 20w50 oil into it. I just said RIP engine.
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Dozieson(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
MedicH:
I just saw one camry 2004 today one illiterate uneducated mechanic was pouring a 20w50 oil into it. I just said RIP engine.

It may not rest in peace as you think. I have seen people use Mobil/total 20w 50 for many years and car still okay
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by MedicH: 8:56am On Aug 27, 2022
Dozieson:

It may not rest in peace as you think. I have seen people use Mobil/total 20w 50 for many years and car still okay

Unless it's not a vvti engine. Mechanic poured this thing inside my car without my consent. 1 month later I had vvti rattling. I drained the oil and luckily it corrected till date.
Re: 2009 Honda Accord Emmit Smoke by Dozieson(m): 10:36am On Aug 27, 2022
MedicH:

Unless it's not a vvti engine. Mechanic poured this thing inside my car without my consent. 1 month later I had vvti rattling. I drained the oil and luckily it corrected till date.

I fully understand your point. How many Nigerians are using 5w 30? Just very few. Most Corolla owners uses Mobil/total 20w 50. They are vvti engines. The engine still serves for many years

(1) (Reply)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sport For Sale 77k Mileage / 3.3m / Hyunday ELANTRA 2008 (1.6L Engine): spark plug lead / Nigeria: Police Discover 19 Stolen Cars In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.