Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It (2862 Views)

Has Anyone Bought The MTN 5G SIM Or Router, Please Share Your Experience. / 5G Is Corona Virus / This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by dsnet: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2022
In a historic moment, this morning, MTN Nigeria switched on its 5G network in Lagos and Abuja. The first 5G network in Nigeria is live.

But even the most affordable 5G phones in the market today still cost a small fortune. Not a lot of people can afford to spend over ₦100,000 on a smartphone. Which must be a dampener for those looking to have a taste of 5G Internet on the MTN network (at this time, MTN is the only 5G player in the Nigerian market until January 2023, at the least, thanks to the extension granted Mafab Communications). But there is a way out – one that costs at least half the price of the cheapest 5G phone in the market: MTN 5G routers.

A router is a device that connects to a wireless network and allows multiple devices to use the same Internet connection. An MTN 5G router does just that, but in this case connects to MTN’s 5G network and allows you to share it via a WiFi hotspot to your smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc. MTN 5G router allows you to connect up to 32 devices and comes with 100 GB data bonus on activation.

Can’t Afford a 5G phone yet? An MTN 5G Router is the cheapest way to use 5G immediately

3 Likes

Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Abfinest007(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2022
Nonsense my mtn 4g is nothing to write about

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by OneKinGuy(m): 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
Abfinest007:
MTN 4G is actually the fastest I've used.

5 Likes

Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Parachoko: 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2022
dsnet:
In a historic moment, this morning, MTN Nigeria switched on its 5G network in Lagos and Abuja. The first 5G network in Nigeria is live.

But even the most affordable 5G phones in the market today still cost a small fortune. Not a lot of people can afford to spend over ₦100,000 on a smartphone. Which must be a dampener for those looking to have a taste of 5G Internet on the MTN network (at this time, MTN is the only 5G player in the Nigerian market until January 2023, at the least, thanks to the extension granted Mafab Communications). But there is a way out – one that costs at least half the price of the cheapest 5G phone in the market: MTN 5G routers.

A router is a device that connects to a wireless network and allows multiple devices to use the same Internet connection. An MTN 5G router does just that, but in this case connects to MTN’s 5G network and allows you to share it via a WiFi hotspot to your smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc. MTN 5G router allows you to connect up to 32 devices and comes with 100 GB data bonus on activation.

Can’t Afford a 5G phone yet? An MTN 5G Router is the cheapest way to use 5G immediately
Will this Mafab Communication be able to compete with MTN at all?
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Verifiedcheif: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
OneKinGuy:

MTN 4G is actually the fastest I've used.
it's not fast it's ur phone that has a very fast network speed...I am using iphone 11 and my network is fast as hell and it's a 4g phone whereas my friend uses infinix note 10 and his network isn't as fast as min

1 Like

Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Potbellyman(m): 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
I guess this is the reason mtn Is selling off their hynetflex routers now for 10k on Konga.com
A 5G mifi is best investment instead of upgrading to 5G phone

6 Likes

Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Flytime: 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2022
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by obyrich(m): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
Verifiedcheif:
it's not fast it's ur phone that has a very fast network speed...I am using iphone 11 and my network is fast as hell and it's a 4g phone whereas my friend uses infinix note 10 and his network isn't as fast as min
Oga the limitations is in the device not the network. Take your phone to a location with Edge and see how fast it will be.

2 Likes

Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Botbit: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2022
Abfinest007:
you must be living in Sahara desert
grin
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Potbellyman(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
Flytime:
wrong,why would you want to be stuck to a network provider in this country when with a 5g enabled device you can switch out your sim when one messes up plus most of the population don’t really care for faster speeds and the price of 50k would further discourage them,I mean they literally begged us to upgrade to 4g because people didn’t care and they might have to do the same with 5g thereby significantly bring down the price of that router

I don't know about your area but for mine MTN is the best, tested and trusted

1 Like

Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by gnykelly(m): 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2022
Parachoko:
Will this Mafab Communication be able to compete with MTN at all?

Are they even building any infrastructure to get to market.
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Prisco4luv(m): 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
Good one by MTN
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Holybaddo: 12:03am On Aug 25, 2022
I hope you know iphone 11 below can't operate 5g grin
Later now if I carry my 5g Samsung Amaka go dey Zuzu
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by DONFRANSKID(m): 8:48am On Aug 25, 2022
I'm ready for 5G

Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Youngpo413: 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2022
Verifiedcheif:
LTE cat6 and cat 4...
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Deicide: 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Potbellyman:
I guess this is the reason mtn Is selling off their hynetflex routers now for 10k on Konga.com
A 5G mifi is best investment instead of upgrading to 5G phone
is the hynetflex 5g?
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Potbellyman(m): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
Deicide:
is the hynetflex 5g?

Hynetflex is 4G
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Parachoko: 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
gnykelly:

Are they even building any infrastructure to get to market.
I doubt they are putting anything on ground

They have been giving an extension till January, let's see what they will be able to do before then.

I doubt they will be able to compete with MTN.
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by fredie107(m): 12:07am On Aug 27, 2022
When will they roll the 5G Mifi? The router is damn expensive
Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by Paragonxy1: 10:56am On Aug 27, 2022
MTN 5G Launched In Nigeria: SPOILER ALERT:– It Is Super Fast!!! ��

Video link —
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuUPrkW8e3k

Thanks for watching �

Don’t forget to like � and subscribe for more ��

1 Like

Re: MTN 5G Is Live In Lagos And Abuja: Here Is The Most Affordable Way To Get It by gnykelly(m): 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
Parachoko:
I doubt they are putting anything on ground

They have been giving an extension till January, let's see what they will be able to do before then.

I doubt they will be able to compete with MTN.

Even if they can't compete with MTN. I just believe that they kept the license to resell to company Airtel

(1) (Reply)

Another Higher Species Of Opera is (?) / Modern Combat 4 Zero Hour / Help Me Decide" Which Amöng This Phönes Should I Purchase? (reasons)*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.