Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,100 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Clean Your House From Idols ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clean Your House From Idols ! (1221 Views)

Messages From The Lord For Catholics Worshiping Idols (Pictures) / Catholics Donot Worship Idols. / Idols From Different Pagan/ethnic Religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Clean Your House From Idols ! by Sabke: 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
CLEAN YOUR HOUSE FROM IDOLS!!!

On Thursday August 4th, during the midnight warfare prayers, we had a powerful prayer time and learned a lot from the Lord.

Bro Augusto taught us, among other things, not to have any idols in our house, which is the first and second commandment:

Exodus 20:3-4 (KJV): 3Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Those idols can be: All sculptures in the form of a man or woman, bird or fish or an anything the creeps on the ground. It can also be Witchcraft monitoring devices: Gadget ; Crystal balls ; Dolls ; Images of people, Birds, Fish ; The devil has also changed the tactics in order to make people Worship and Serve him through deep idolatry by manufacturing beautified and glorified modern day idols like: Teddy Bear; Crucifix with Christ on the cross; Barbies; Smurf toys, …

The scripture below describes that God does not allow these things in our life:

Deuteronomy 4:16-19 (KJV): 16Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female, 17The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air, 18The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth: 19And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

The Lord instructs us that such form of idol must be destroyed and completely incinerated or destroyed by fire:

Deuteronomy 7:25-26 (KJV): 25The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therin: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God. 26Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.

Many people are under a curse because they bring things which the Lord has already cursed into their houses and lives and they become cursed like it as the above scriptures mentions. You need to repent, burn the graven images (in the form of man, animal, bird or fish) and break the curse you brought yourself into your house and life.

When bro Augusto spoke, I started to feel very uncomfortable, as I suddenly realized our house has these idols. I have prayed many times in the past, that the Lord may show me if there is anything wrong in our house. So on Friday morning, I prayed that the Lord might show me what had to go in our house, and after examining those bible verses and showing my list to bro Augusto, it was clear to me certain things had to go.

Here is my list, as more people will probably have some of these things in their house also:

Stone sculptures of farm animals: coat-rack with iron horses on top it; plush animals; any animal made in nylon, straw or whatever material; jewels with animals engraved on them; animals inscribed on pottery or other things; paintings of the Lord Jesus. Check it out below:

Rom 1:22-25 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen

Act 17:24-25 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

The Lord also abhors and detests the designs of creeping things, abominable beasts designed and placed as pictures or portrays on the walls of our house:

Eze 8:10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, portrayed upon the wall round about.

WORSHIP OF ANGELS

Do not worship angels because they are fellow brethren like us.

As created beings, they are of course mere creatures. They are not divine and their worship is explicitly forbidden (see Col. 2:18; Rev. 19:10; 22:9). As a separate order of creatures, they are both distinct from human beings and higher than humans with powers far beyond human abilities in this present age (cf. 1 Cor. 6:3; Heb. 1:14; 2:7). But as creatures they are limited in their powers, knowledge, and activities (1 Peter 1:11-12; Rev. 7:1). Like all of creation, angels are under God’s authority and subject to His judgment (1 Cor. 6:3; Matt. 25:41).

Colossians 2.18 reads: "Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you."

HOW ABOUT PICTURES:

Pictures or photographs are not idols. Now some people can make their pictures as idols but this is according to your heart if you glorify and elevate the picture more than Christ the Lord.

So for those concerned with ornaments please do know that Photographs, paintings, prints of some animals(if you like) and nature on things, are permissible as long as they are not depicting any occult scene or idolatrous nature.

HERE IS A TESTIMONY OF A SISTER WHO JOINS OUR PRAYER GROUP:

“Dear brother Augusto,

You cannot imagine what happened this morning. As we finished prayers this morning and I went to bed, it was like I was telling my children to bring all their stuffed toys that I want to dispose of them. I had also meant to dispose of a pair of particular south african carvings (in the shape of men). Brother in that dream or what as I am not sure as I had really slept yet, as I went towards those particular carvings there was so much evil power coming from them to prevent me from picking them up. I struggled and was able put pick them up. When I did so it was like something now pressed on me but as I mentioned the name of Jesus I overcame them.

This morning, I have burnt them and all the other items the children and I have found in the house. What is left will be destroyed when I return home.

What you said is so true. Thank you.”

God bless you

Report from the Prayer Members Soldiers of the Lord

Sabrina & Augusto

(1) (Reply)

Did The Roman Catholic Church Give Us Our Bible? / Should I Have Stayed Back In This Church? / Frosbel Admits That The Bible Is Wrong!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.