Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted (49130 Views)

#Strike: Full Data Of How Nigerian Universities Voted As Of 4:27pm / ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? / ASUU Strike: How Effective Is It In Your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by rusher14: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2022
ebenezary:
what l don't understand is UNILORIN that don't join ASUU too are voting for the strike to continue. that is just unbelievable

And they continue working whilst others lose years.
Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Machinegun91(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2022
ASUU gree die this time

The same way Benue state will vote for Peter Obi
Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by iFESTAC680(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2022
Oh Nigeria!!!

What's this? My brother was about to write his final exams (time table was out) when this strike began! And now it's more than 6months
cry cry cry cry
What's happening in this country!!
Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by 4gunners(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2022
Doyou2019:

ASUU should yet again resume, and get what it can from a government that has proven time and time again to be untrustworthy, since the dawn of its administration!
What did I just read?
Hostels are overcrowded, labs are grossly lacking in tools, research work is zilch, libraries are shii, power dead, everything that makes a university what it should be in the 21st Century is totally absent, yet this buffoon expects business to continue as usual?
I talk am na. Dumbos can't think. They can't even fail at it. It's his type getting ready to vote APC and failure back into power. Oniranu.

Again, future parents should do Nigeria a favour by making sure their kids do not to end up as useless as this idiot on here. It's the least we can all do to salvage this country.

The issue with people like you is that emotions always prevail. ASUU has been going on strike how many times now? Since 1990s. DO you think ASUU will not still go on strike next year or two years time? Only a foolish man does the same thing over and over again and expect different result. ASUU should find other means to get their demands met. A lot of people have suggested that they sponser a bill. 6 months of my life was put on hoild while in school, and the same thing is happening to my younger brother. ASUU keeps wasting people's time because of unionism. Shameful lot.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Darkgini: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2022
Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Jackbaur88: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2022
Austink0:

The government should give them what they want.
Not just that the government should give them what they want, but the government should take education serious.

Go close to these Drs and Professors, you will find out that they are seriously suffering and that's why you see some of them indulging in henious acts like collecting money for marks.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by blaise26abj(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2022
dollynnn:
ASUU members mean serious business.

Lamentably, the students are the ones who will bear the brunt.

Yes .. students will bear the brunt but it is better to resolve all issues once and for all . This government and past ones have been insincere with ASUU . That’s why our education is nonsense now and gen zs will be saying education is a scam .

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Godoverevery: 9:30am On Aug 25, 2022
Doyou2019:

ASUU should yet again resume, and get what it can from a government that has proven time and time again to be untrustworthy, since the dawn of its administration!
What did I just read?
Hostels are overcrowded, labs are grossly lacking in tools, research work is zilch, libraries are shii, power dead, everything that makes a university what it should be in the 21st Century is totally absent, yet this buffoon expects business to continue as usual?
I talk am na. Dumbos can't think. They can't even fail at it. It's his type getting ready to vote APC and failure back into power. Oniranu.

Again, future parents should do Nigeria a favour by making sure their kids do not to end up as useless as this idiot on here. It's the least we can all do to salvage this country.

Just want to get you clearly.....is ASUU fighting FG or they are fighting all government.

Is fg also going to fund state University

At the end of the day if FG grant the request and give the federal University what they want ......what happens to the state Universities also involve in the strike.

Please I just need clarity on this.....what does the state Universities stand to gain from this strikes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by rusher14: 9:30am On Aug 25, 2022
iFESTAC680:
Oh Nigeria!!!

What's this? My brother was about to write his final exams (time table was out) when this strike began! And now it's more than 6months
cry cry cry cry
What's happening in this country!!

Your brother should continue supporting ASUU.

In fact, if i were him I'll go on twitter to mobilise others to ensure ASUU doesn't budge.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Thomthom(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2022
ASUU is the best Union so far.. they fight till the End. FG pls answer this People let Students go back. to school... This money is there why not just close eyes and settle them afteral the money in your care is for all of us

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by rusher14: 9:32am On Aug 25, 2022
Godoverevery:

Just want to get you clearly.....is ASUU fighting FG or they are fighting all government.

Is fg also going to fund state University

At the end of the day if FG grant the request and give the federal University what they want ......what happens to the state Universities also involve in the strike.

Please I just need clarity on this.....what does the state Universities stand to gain from this strikes.

Even though the states are broke, the state university lecturers can force their employers to review their salaries upwards.

Note: this fight is really about salaries.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by rusher14: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2022
Thomthom:
ASUU is the best Union so far.. they fight till the End. FG pls answer this People let Students go back. to school... This money is there why not just close eyes and settle them afteral the money in your care is for all of us

Even if it takes 18 months, ASUU shouldn’t back down.

Let the other government come in to solve this issue once and for all.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Lionnation: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2022
Doyou2019:

Saying the strike is losing its relevance is like saying the drive to get our universities working is losing its relevance.

Your government spends over 1 trillion every quarter servicing moribund refineries, turns around to tell you it cannot afford a miserly 1.2 trillion to revitalize education in the country, and you buy it hook and sinker like a naive little boy who's just starting out life No be juju be that?

Make we dey try reason for this country na. Future generations should sha do the country a favour by training their kids to be thinkers.
There are way too many idiots on here for one country.
Kilode!
, if someone keep them in their place now as idiots, they will begin to lament, you don't blame them though they are black people they don't reason

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Godoverevery: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2022
rusher14:

Even though the states are broke, the state university lecturers can force their employers to review their salaries upwards.

Note: this fight is really about salaries.

Then I will advise all student in state universities to just withdraw immediately..

States that can't even pay 30k minimum wage.

We deceive ourselves alot in this country.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by rusher14: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2022
blaise26abj:

Yes .. students will bear the brunt but it is better to resolve all issues once and for all . This government and past ones have been insincere with ASUU . That’s why our education is nonsense now and gen zs will be saying education is a scam .

Yes.

By acceding to ASUU's request once and for all, our universities would become the most essential pillars of our society.

ASUU shouldn't back down.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by rusher14: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2022
Godoverevery:

Then I will advise all student in state universities to just withdraw immediately..

States that can't even pay 30k minimum wage.

We deceive ourselves alot in this country.

No, oh.

The students should continue supporting ASUU.
ASUU is fighting for their future.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by DropsMic(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2022
Doyou2019:

There are way too many idiots on here for one country.

You've said it all..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Godoverevery: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2022
Thomthom:

What about state Universities involved in this strike??

What do they stand to gain ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Jking20(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2022
Isoright
Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by rusher14: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2022
Timekeeper452:
yes, blame ASUU for strikes, not the federal government promising and playing them.

There are many private universities in Nigeria.

Why cant the lecturers resign to go work in such universities?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by SaturnNick(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2022
jkpbestseries:
once and for all, let them hold on finish anytin concerning ASUU. For after this year i dont want to hear anytin about strike again
Na to do and forget ooo
Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by BigYash: 9:40am On Aug 25, 2022
aestake:

You would take over lecturing ooo
Don't mind him. That was how they took the medical professionals for granted.. They are now begging. If the useless president could buy luxury cars for Niger republic, what stops him from settling the lecturers..

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Venom11(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2022
Doyou2019:

What did I just read?

Senior man pls.. B calming down Choi.. Lol

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by rusher14: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2022
Jackbaur88:

Not just that the government should give them what they want, but the government should take education serious.

Go close to these Drs and Professors, you will find out that they are seriously suffering and that's why you see some of them indulging in henious acts like collecting money for marks.

Absolutely not true.

The average professor makes about 450k a month and in most public universities, this comes with highly subsidized accommodation, in an area that is generally safe, has access to pipeborne water and round the clock electricity.

If Nigerian lecturers feel they are inadequately rewarded for their jobs, alternatives abound locally and internationally.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by ajani2311: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2022
It a Nigerian thing if you like give them 1 billion as salutary they will still take bribe
Jackbaur88:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by LordEclipse: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2022
Why must my school Michael Okpara University have the biggest ink thumb there?.. MOUAU lecturers like strike like Chibuzor and spare parts..hahahhaaaa
Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by rusher14: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2022
ajani2311:
It a Nigerian thing if you like give them 1 billion as salutary they will still take bribe

I'm just laughing at those who think it's the pay that makes people corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by lunacol(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2022
Gten:
Michael Okpara University, Abia dey vex ohhhh. Look at the intensity of their vote.
Prof. Osodeke, the ASUU Chairman is a lecturer at Michael Okpara University, Umudike, Abia State. I think that's the reason the intensity of votes was large.

ASUU are damn serious. Government should look into there demands. I think there demands are genuine and legitimate.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted by Timekeeper452: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2022
rusher14:

There are many private universities in Nigeria.

Why cant the lecturers resign to go work in such universities?
because they have a union called ASUU meant to fight for their rights and also , that’s literally exactly what’s happening.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Representatives At Indonesia 2017 World School Debate / See The Leaders Of Tomorrow In An Exam Hall(pics) / Owura Kwadwo Hottish: Meet Computer Teacher In Ghana Whose Drawing Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.