Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup (1801 Views)

See the Pageant Organisers Contesting for National Executive Position Of The As / Lord's Chosen Members Wed Without Makeup In Lagos (Photos) / Top 10 Worst Beauty Pageant Winners You Want To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup by Betscoreodds: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
Daily Mail Video
'I am beautiful in my own skin' ❤️��

Full story � https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11141437/Miss-England-finalist-judges-bare-faced.html?ito=social-facebookimage

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11141437/Miss-England-finalist-judges-bare-faced.html?ito=social-facebookimage&fbclid=IwAR1VOzQ_4mfPfKnfJUbR_ZCThEw9dx3lvzSl_C3xW7n3owTYEmI-M8Xs1DE

Bare-faced beauty queen! Miss England finalist becomes first in the pageant's history to compete without makeup - as she slams 'toxic' social media for 'pressurising girls'

By Eve Tawfick For Mailonline
11:05 EDT 24 Aug 2022 , updated 11:05 EDT 24 Aug 2022

+13
View gallery
shares
3 comments
Politics student Melisa Raouf, 20, wowed with her make-up free look
She is the first finalist in the pageant's 94 year history to go bare-faced
She will now compete alongside 40 other women to be crowned Miss England
Wants to eliminate 'toxic' narrative around social media filters and makeup
A politics student has reached the Miss England final after becoming the first ever beauty queen to appear make-up free at the pageant in its 94 year history.

Melisa Raouf, 20, from London, wowed the judges with her natural beauty when she appeared at the semi-finals of the competition in London earlier this month.

She said she decided to take to the catwalk without any cosmetics or beauty products in the hope of inspiring other women to embrace their natural looks.

Melisa was left stunned when she landed a place in the Miss England final, and said she now wants to eliminate the 'toxic' narrative surrounding makeup and social media, adding: 'It means a lot to me as I feel many girls of different ages wear makeup because they feel pressured to do so.'

Melisa explained: 'When I started wearing make up at a young age, I never felt comfortable in my own skin.

'I never felt I met beauty standards.'

Melisa said she took the unusual step of entering the competition bare-faced in a bid to promote inner beauty in an age of social media obsession.

Since appearing on the 94-year-old Miss England stage Melisa has had her inbox flooded with support from people who say she has 'inspired them'.

+13
View gallery
The 20-year-old also looks fantastic with make-up on in a picture she posted to social media in 2019

+13
View gallery
Since appearing on the 94-year-old Miss England stage Melisa has had her inbox flooded with support from people who say she has 'inspired them'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup by Jostoman: 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2022
She is naturally beautiful

4 Likes

Re: Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup by Betscoreodds: 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jostoman:

I believe so.

1 Like

Re: Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup by Anieke77(m): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Natural beauty is the best

1 Like

Re: Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup by dawnomike(m): 6:40am On Aug 25, 2022
I love that...!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup by mespusinglez(m): 7:13am On Aug 25, 2022
MY TYPE OF PERSON...I HATE MAKEUP & BLEACHING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup by Rilley(m): 7:39am On Aug 25, 2022
Jostoman:
She doesn't need make-up.

2 Likes

Re: Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup by Atllanta: 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
they ain't hot without makeup joor
pls try use your make-up biko

1 Like

Re: Miss England Becomes First In The Pageant's History To Compete Without Makeup by Oberhiri141(m): 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
Abeg make she shift infact, make she face bush. Na because she fine make her dey talk all this ones, if tosay she worwor, she for know the importance of make-up. Natural beauty no be for everybody, some of us be like wetin dem take dey serve JUJU.

(1) (Reply)

Tm Lewin,next,cedarwood State / Fashion Tips For The Plus Size Woman / Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.