Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) (20197 Views)

EPL: Alan Shearer Names Ronaldo, Jay-jay Okocha, Hazard In His Ultimate Ballers / AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] / EPL: Michael Emenalo Blamed For Chelsea’s Woes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by 2ndchildhood(m): 6:31am On Aug 25, 2022
visijo:
One thing I’ve always avoid is putting money in the same pocket I put my phone smiley
my last 2K fell off while bringing out ma handky last night..

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Flamethehussler: 6:34am On Aug 25, 2022
visijo:
One thing I’ve always avoid is putting money in the same pocket I put my phone smiley
From experience Sha

1 Like

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 25, 2022
Faber:
Over rated Premier league. See shaky shaky Barcelona tearing Man City apart yesterday night. You may call it friendly, but friendlies reveal a lot of loopholes in a team.

Man United beat Liverpool during Friendlies and still beat them in the first meeting of this season.

Arsenal beat Chelsea during the friendlies and we tend to overlook that, look at how ruthless Arsenal is right now and will still beat Chelsea in a competitive game with this Chelsea current form.

If Premier League is not Over rated, now how can you explain this..
Premier league teams 14 UCL
Real Madrid alone 14 UCL

Since the last 10 yrs Premier league teams are yet to beat a Spanish team in any European finals

Nonsense premier league with their ojoro and hype

You need to learn from history. When Real Madrid was winning those champions leagues (not recent streak), the Premier league teams were not playing in the champions league of the time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Demurray: 6:45am On Aug 25, 2022
Faber:
Over rated Premier league. See shaky shaky Barcelona tearing Man City apart yesterday night. You may call it friendly, but friendlies reveal a lot of loopholes in a team.

Man United beat Liverpool during Friendlies and still beat them in the first meeting of this season.

Arsenal beat Chelsea during the friendlies and we tend to overlook that, look at how ruthless Arsenal is right now and will still beat Chelsea in a competitive game with this Chelsea current form.

Real Madrid alone 14 UCL

Since the last 10 yrs Premier league teams are yet to beat a Spanish team in any European finals

ALL HAIL THE KING!
ALL HAIL THE KING!
ALL HAIL THE KING
HALA MADRID
THE KING OF WORLD CLUB FOOTBALL
ALL HAIL THE KING!
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Alpharey: 6:54am On Aug 25, 2022
That midfield without Lampard is not complete.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by opera1(m): 6:54am On Aug 25, 2022
visijo:

... And your phone may debit your pocket automatically

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Demurray: 6:55am On Aug 25, 2022
tishbite42:

They should go and win the Balon D'Or

It is instructive to note that 14 years after that feat, no player in the EPL has done it

CR7 is in a class of his own
.......And he, Ronaldo is still among this year shortlisted nominee kudos to him
The Most High G.O.A.T

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by chaddy16: 6:58am On Aug 25, 2022
tishbite42:

They should go and win the Balon D'Or

It is instructive to note that 14 years after that feat, no player in the EPL has done it

CR7 is in a class of his own

Don't you think players like Salah, Mane, Debruyne, Aguero should have won that award
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by gentlesoul2010: 7:06am On Aug 25, 2022
Where is super Frank?
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Mozegee: 7:13am On Aug 25, 2022
Dor one day i never take the Sarki of a guy serious. You guys are trending about him as if he is relevant.
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by lowaist101: 7:16am On Aug 25, 2022
out of all of them, ronaldo is the one still playing. ronaldo is the greatest

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Niklaus398: 7:28am On Aug 25, 2022
Faber:

Real Madrid alone 14 UCL

lol man city carry small boys come play Barca still.score 2. Imagine na thee first 11 them really carry. Only a few first team players dey there play lol.

1 Like

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Kingcalls: 7:31am On Aug 25, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Balon D’or is never going to make his almajiri fans agree but truth is, he was no different from Drogba in EPL.

Aguero & Salah should be ahead in any premier league team.

Salah
Appearances 196
Goals 122
Assists 47

Aguero
Appearances 275
Goals 184
Assists 47

After hate na witch be next ... u are comparing established soccer stars to a Ronaldo that learnt his trade in England... u think if Ronaldo came to England at 24 or 25 he wudnt hv shattered those goal records ?? He built his name in England...others were already established... Ronaldo de give una headache just like Peter Obi de give Agbadorians headache... The only player to hv ever won Fifa world player of the year , don't deserve to make the squad?? Na only witchcraft fit make u reason this kyn tin... name one player from the English league that has ever won top scorer in the champions league apart from Ronaldo...mention one... person wey score 42 goals in a season( a record)... bad belle people olo m'aje

4 Likes

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Abdulmumin412(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2022
No Aguero, no Drogba. What is Ronaldo doing there? This list has question mark.
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by snnazzy24(m): 7:40am On Aug 25, 2022
onomeabuja:

Him no even pick Chelsea player why
hmmmmmmm Chelsea how market embarassed
Who know Chelsea b4 With their pampers short nicker lipsrsealed
Respect to Ronaldo

Bro learn to read and reread an article any time you have to, it helps you with better understanding to make a comment.
Now you can go back to read the post again then come back to comment. we'll compare both your comments and see how it works.
Kindly see this as a psychological/educational experiment.
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Abdulmumin412(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2022
lowaist101:
out of all of them, ronaldo is the one still playing.
ronaldo is the greatest
And they all started their career at the same time abi or they are all of the same age. You can even say Pele or Maradona are not good because they retire before Ronaldo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Pandev(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2022
onomeabuja:
Him no even pick Chelsea player why hmmmmmmm Chelsea how market embarassed Who know Chelsea b4 With their pampers short nicker lipsrsealed Respect to Ronaldo
John Terry na Man U player abi? continue
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Pandev(m): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2022
Kingcalls:

After hate na witch be next ... u are comparing established soccer stars to a Ronaldo that learnt his trade in England... u think if Ronaldo came to England at 24 or 25 he wudnt hv shattered those goal records ?? He built his name in England...others were already established... Ronaldo de give una headache just like Peter Obi de give Agbadorians headache... The only player to hv ever won Fifa world player of the year , don't deserve to make the squad?? Na only witchcraft fit make u reason this kyn tin... name one player from the English league that has ever won top scorer in the champions league apart from Ronaldo...mention one... person wey score 42 goals in a season( a record)... bad belle people olo m'aje
in short, you are backing the claim that Ronaldo should not be there. He should rather be in laliga all time eleven if we are to go by your claim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by tishbite42: 7:58am On Aug 25, 2022
chaddy16:

Don't you think players like Salah, Mane, Debruyne, Aguero should have won that award
Yeah
I would say the same for Giggs, Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Henry, Bergkamp etc
CR7 is a beast. He is miles ahead of others.

1 Like

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Starz825(m): 8:00am On Aug 25, 2022
Faber:

Real Madrid alone 14 UCL

You dey mind them
We just watch it cos of the hype and all..
Spanish top 4 teams are better in European competitions

Only my Madrid collect 14 ucls and a whole of a league collect same 14 ucls...

Madrid is the best on and off the pitch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by tishbite42: 8:03am On Aug 25, 2022
Demurray:
.......And he, Ronaldo is still among this year shortlisted nominee kudos to him
The Most High G.O.A.T
Don't mind the deluded Messi fanboys

They are mad that Ronaldo made the EPL and La Liga Greatest lists.

3 Likes

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by tishbite42: 8:05am On Aug 25, 2022
Starz825:

You dey mind them
We just watch it cos of the hype and all..
Spanish top 4 teams are better in European competitions

Only my Madrid collect 14 ucls and a whole of a league collect same 14 ucls...

Madrid is the best on and off the pitch
EPL teams were not playing the UCL in 50s and that's the period Real Madrid won their first five.

Read your football history.

Then the Christmas/New Year football in England is another reason.
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Kingcalls: 8:08am On Aug 25, 2022
Pandev:
in short, you are backing the claim that Ronaldo should not be there. He should rather be in laliga all time eleven if we are to go by your claim.

Nope...it simply shows he's the greatest ever... scattered EPL, scattered La Liga , scattered CL , still fired serie A at 34... abeg cut cap for the greatest

1 Like

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Sammy07: 8:10am On Aug 25, 2022
Alpharey:
That midfield without Lampard is not complete.

I swear
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Jokerman(m): 8:12am On Aug 25, 2022
Pandev:

Oga, Ronaldo is both in EPL and Laliga all time best 11

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Faber(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2022
Niklaus398:
lol man city carry small boys come play Barca still.score 2. Imagine na thee first 11 them really carry. Only a few first team players dey there play lol.

Mahrez
Rosen
KDB
Walker
Haaland
Gundogan
Rodri
Bernardo Silva played fulltime o

Lewandoski no even play for Barca
Dembele no play
Pedri no play
Ter Stegen M. no dey for post

Between Barca and Man City who used small boys play the ball grin grin

I no mention the squad list because I want catch person that will talk say Man City used small boys and I don catch you be that. grin
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Abdulmumin412(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2022
PietraK:

You need to learn from history. When Real Madrid was winning those champions leagues (not recent streak), the Premier league teams were not playing in the champions league of the time
Oya count from the time EPL team start.
Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Faber(m): 8:18am On Aug 25, 2022
PietraK:

And they won it three straight times in modern football era with VAR etc.

Guy leave matter for Matthias. EPL is overated. How many Ballon D'or EPL don produce to compare to La Liga, even without Messi and Ronaldo, the next Ballon D'or will also come from La Liga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Pandev(m): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2022
Kingcalls:

Nope...it simply shows he's the greatest ever... scattered EPL, scattered La Liga , scattered CL , still fired serie A at 34... abeg cut cap for the greatest
as far as football is concerned, Messi is the greatest of all time and nobody comes close.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by ThierryJay: 8:26am On Aug 25, 2022
A renowned Troll here is CAPPING that Pendu's 42 goal season is a record in England. For someone who claims to be an ancient Man U/EPL follower not to know that Ruud Van Nistelrooy had a 44 goal season in 2003 shows you are a fraud like your Asun.

Even a kid knows that Salah also had a 44 goal season in 2018. So I don't get where the 42 goal record is coming from. Stop Capping bro grin

That said, I think Ronaldo's inclusion is kind of justified for now due to his right side positioning (not much contenders for that position). Other greats like Aguero and Suarez are competing with Shearer as number 9s. Only Salah can battle CR and I'm fine with either although in the long run, Salah will still edge out CR due to his EPL longevity and exploits.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) by Kingcalls: 8:31am On Aug 25, 2022
Pandev:
as far as football is concerned, Messi is the greatest of all time and nobody comes close.

Story ... that failure in France... at his age , Ronaldo was commanding Serie A ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VAR: What Famous Coaches Think / Lewandowski: My Bayern Story Has Come To An End, I Hope They Won't Keep Me / USA Vs WALES: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 1) On 21st November 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.