Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,810 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Oil Combination For Profitable Bar Soap Making - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Combination For Profitable Bar Soap Making (1270 Views)

Get The Best Water Ratio In Bar Soap Making / Investor Needed For Profitable Car Importation Business / How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Combination For Profitable Bar Soap Making by Oduok(m): 6:50am On Aug 25, 2022
In bar soap making oil is everything. It determines the quantity, quality and profit you make.

After learning about the ratios of dissolving caustic soda and what it will mean for your production, the next thing is understanding your oils.

I would not bore you with the science of oils as a triglyceride. I won't go into the fatty acid compositions of oil - lauric, myristic, palmitic, linoleic, stearic etc. I won't bother you with saponification value of the oils as the soap formulation most of you have are a bit superfat to accomodate a wide range of oils.

I will be dealing with oils for profitable soaping. I won't mention oils like coconut oil, olive, castor etc today - I talk about them when dealing with bathing soaps.

To make a quality commercial bar soap (laundry and multipurpose), you must learn about palm oil, animal fat, and palm kernel oil.

The easiest oil to use is palm kernel oil. Soap instructors use that for training and youtube. The oil gives a very hard bar. Highly foamy. Infact, I call PKO the king of foam in bar soap. The only oil that beats PKO is coconut oil. However, PKO soaps finish fast and can be breaking.

Palm oil can give you a hard soap too. Palm oil soaps, like olive oil, maybe soft when out of the mould. But given some time set into a very hard bar. The soap will not foam like PKO soap but will last longer. The foam is steady and doesn't collapse easily (excellent foam stability).

Animal fat can be rendered for use as oil for soap. The soap produced with animal fat are very strong and bright in appearance. The foaming is slow but lasting. Fat from cow, pig, fowl etc are useful here. Render the fat immediately the animal is slaughtered to avoid the oil smelling. Rendered fat can stay upto a year without deteriorating.

To make soap that will foam well, bright in appearance, last long, and with lower production cost, then blend palm oil, animal fat and PKO. A good start is ratio 50: 30: 20 respectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Combination For Profitable Bar Soap Making by fashionnisir(f): 3:51am On Sep 21, 2022
Nice writeup sir, please can you throw more light on rendering of animal fat for soap production?

Sir the ratio 50:30:20 are the ratio in liters gallon laterally?

Thanks in respect to your responses
Re: Oil Combination For Profitable Bar Soap Making by Oduok(m): 8:21pm On Sep 28, 2022
fashionnisir:
Nice writeup sir, please can you throw more light on rendering of animal fat for soap production?

Sir the ratio 50:30:20 are the ratio in liters gallon laterally?

Thanks in respect to your responses

Just put the fat in pot and heat till everything turns to oil.

The ratio is in litres.

1 Like

Re: Oil Combination For Profitable Bar Soap Making by fashionnisir(f): 6:55am On Sep 29, 2022
Oduok:

Just put the fat in pot and heat till everything turns to oil.

The ratio is in litres.

Thanks
Re: Oil Combination For Profitable Bar Soap Making by CaptainGo: 2:50am On Jan 05
Oduok:
In bar soap making oil is everything. It determines the quantity, quality and profit you make.

After learning about the ratios of dissolving caustic soda and what it will mean for your production, the next thing is understanding your oils.

I would not bore you with the science of oils as a triglyceride. I won't go into the fatty acid compositions of oil - lauric, myristic, palmitic, linoleic, stearic etc. I won't bother you with saponification value of the oils as the soap formulation most of you have are a bit superfat to accomodate a wide range of oils.

I will be dealing with oils for profitable soaping. I won't mention oils like coconut oil, olive, castor etc today - I talk about them when dealing with bathing soaps.

To make a quality commercial bar soap (laundry and multipurpose), you must learn about palm oil, animal fat, and palm kernel oil.

The easiest oil to use is palm kernel oil. Soap instructors use that for training and youtube. The oil gives a very hard bar. Highly foamy. Infact, I call PKO the king of foam in bar soap. The only oil that beats PKO is coconut oil. However, PKO soaps finish fast and can be breaking.

Palm oil can give you a hard soap too. Palm oil soaps, like olive oil, maybe soft when out of the mould. But given some time set into a very hard bar. The soap will not foam like PKO soap but will last longer. The foam is steady and doesn't collapse easily (excellent foam stability).

Animal fat can be rendered for use as oil for soap. The soap produced with animal fat are very strong and bright in appearance. The foaming is slow but lasting. Fat from cow, pig, fowl etc are useful here. Render the fat immediately the animal is slaughtered to avoid the oil smelling. Rendered fat can stay upto a year without deteriorating.

To make soap that will foam well, bright in appearance, last long, and with lower production cost, then blend palm oil, animal fat and PKO. A good start is ratio 50: 30: 20 respectively.

interesting

(1) (Reply)

$2,000 Monthly Assured!!! / Can Someone Start Business In Nigeria With $20,000 / Make Money As Bulksms And Voice Broadcasting Seller (2011 Election Special)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.