Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Which Do You Suggest - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Do You Suggest (736 Views)

Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase / Which African Countries Would You Suggest For Someone Who Has Not Been To Africa / Help!!! Which School Can You Suggest For A Diploma Program? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do You Suggest by Peacefulwarlord: 8:07am On Aug 25, 2022
Good morning everyone,

Please I need your take on this issue.

Which organization would you recommend for someone who studied Pure And Applied Physics, Barclays Bank or BT(Brirtsh Telecommunications)? Both are in the UK.
Though, there are conditions attached to both companies.
Also this is my first job there.

Thank you as I await your responses.
Re: Which Do You Suggest by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2022
I wish you all the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Suggest by Hidewell(m): 8:22am On Aug 25, 2022
Peacefulwarlord:
Good morning everyone,

Please I need your take on this issue.

Which organization would you recommend for someone who studied Pure And Applied Physics, Barclays Bank or BT(Brirtsh Telecommunications)? Both are in the UK.
Though, there are conditions attached to both companies.
Also this is my first job there.

I will recommend you go for British Telecommunication because it is known for its job security. You will gain veritable experience and have a great time there. I learnt this from my cousin who was denied employment there.

Thank you as I await your responses.

I will recommend you go for British Telecommunication because it is known for its job security. You will gain veritable experience and have a great time there. I learnt this from my cousin who was denied employment there.

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Suggest by Yemlizzy(f): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2022
It all depends on your preference and other factors like job security, career growth alongside other perks each of the job comes with. However, you didn’t mention what field you are domiciled in alongside the conditions to get a better advise.

2 Likes

Re: Which Do You Suggest by Peacefulwarlord: 8:39am On Aug 25, 2022
Thanks for your response. I studied Pure and Applied Physics,which is similar to elect-elect. Barclays is farther from my residence but BT is closer.
"To protect the interests of the Company, you agree to be subject to post−termination restrictions for a period of 3 months from your Termination Date(this is for Barclays),moreso, it seems they are still doing some background checks, though, I already passed stage 1 and I was told that stage 2 would continue while working with them. I really don't have issues with BT aside from the fact that their Pay is not as much as BARCLAYS"
Yemlizzy:
It all depends on your preference and other factors like job security, career growth alongside other perks each of the job comes with. However, you didn’t mention what field you are domiciled in alongside the conditions to get a better advise.
Re: Which Do You Suggest by alakara(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2022
You can go for Barclay and upgrade your skills in tech like programming and the rest.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Suggest by Yemlizzy(f): 10:29am On Aug 25, 2022
Peacefulwarlord:
Thanks for your response. I studied Pure and Applied Physics,which is similar to elect-elect. Barclays is farther from my residence but BT is closer.
"To protect the interests of the Company, you agree to be subject to post−termination restrictions for a period of 3 months from your Termination Date(this is for Barclays),moreso, it seems they are still doing some background checks, though, I already passed stage 1 and I was told that stage 2 would continue while working with them. I really don't have issues with BT aside from the fact that their Pay is not as much as BARCLAYS"
You are welcome, okay I understand. So many standard firms these days have their own distinct resignation policy which every of their staff need to abide with once you decide to be a part of them.

Distance naturally won’t be a hindrance once one is determined and passionate about doing anything. Barclays to me has more recognition internationally, however one would still consider career growth and job security, work environment and work mode too. You can do your own research on all of these and even connect with people working there on LinkedIn if you like. Personally I have done this regarding some jobs I got and didn’t see enough information about the company.

And you said Barclays pay more, the money factor is of immense importance to pay bills and settle other miscellaneous. Are there people in your field growing and enjoying what they do in all areas. Check through better on LinkedIn and network. Brings more advantages in the long run for you, even when you leave the organization.

British Telecommunications on the other hand sounds prominent enough with the name, I’m just more conversant with Barclays because I work in the financial sector too. So thoroughly weigh both, and consider the pros and cons then decide.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Suggest by Peacefulwarlord: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2022
Thank you so much. I really do appreciate your help.
Yemlizzy:

You are welcome, okay I understand. So many standard firms these days have their own distinct resignation policy which every of their staff need to abide with once you decide to be a part of them.

Distance naturally won’t be a hindrance once one is determined and passionate about doing anything. Barclays to me has more recognition internationally, however one would still consider career growth and job security, work environment and work mode too. You can do your own research on all of these and even connect with people working there on LinkedIn if you like. Personally I have done this regarding some jobs I got and didn’t see enough information about the company.

And you said Barclays pay more, the money factor is of immense importance to pay bills and settle other miscellaneous. Are there people in your field growing and enjoying what they do in all areas. Check through better on LinkedIn and network. Brings more advantages in the long run for you, even when you leave the organization.

British Telecommunications on the other hand sounds prominent enough with the name, I’m just more conversant with Barclays because I work in the financial sector too. So thoroughly weigh both, and consider the pros and cons then decide.

All the best.

Re: Which Do You Suggest by Yemlizzy(f): 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2022
Peacefulwarlord:
Thank you so much. I really do appreciate your help.
Glad to assist smiley
Re: Which Do You Suggest by Peacefulwarlord: 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2022
Okay. Thank you so much. I think I might go to BT, though that's not final.
alakara:
You can go for Barclay and upgrade your skills in tech like programming and the rest.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Suggest by Horlar4th(m): 4:07am On Aug 26, 2022
Hello House
Pls can I swear an Affidavit for my Mom and siblings birth certificate, they can't find their birth certificate. Hope the visa officer won't think it's cos of application submission I'm juts swearing one.
My 3 siblings and mom can't find theirs except my dad has his.
Re: Which Do You Suggest by Horlar4th(m): 4:08am On Aug 26, 2022
Lagos Medical Report of IOM takes how long to come out.?
Re: Which Do You Suggest by Peacefulwarlord: 11:27am On Aug 26, 2022
That day or the next. If you do it very early in the morning like 8am or 9 am, you should get it that very day.
Horlar4th:
Lagos Medical Report of IOM takes how long to come out.?
Re: Which Do You Suggest by Peacefulwarlord: 7:07am On Aug 27, 2022
Why not go to a Primary Health Centre(where they give immunization) in your vicinity and tell them you need a Federal Government Birth Certificate.
Horlar4th:
Hello House
Pls can I swear an Affidavit for my Mom and siblings birth certificate, they can't find their birth certificate. Hope the visa officer won't think it's cos of application submission I'm juts swearing one.
My 3 siblings and mom can't find theirs except my dad has his.

(1) (Reply)

Please What Good Town Is In Delta State But Far From Warri? / Kindly Provide Names Of Airflight ,their Addresses And Their Telephone Number In Lagos. / Do U Live In Abroad? U Need Flight Tickets, Get It For 70% Of The Cost!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.