|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,963,354 members, 7,189,996 topics. Date: Monday, 28 November 2022 at 06:32 AM
|How To Use Ps4 Controllers, Xbox Controllers, Generic Pc Controllers ON PC by dyrane(m): 7:48pm On Aug 25|
[b][/b] PLAYSTATION 4 CONTROLLERS
You can use PS4 controllers to play on PC using two methods
1.Firstly connect your PS4 pad to your computer with Bluetooth by pressing down the PlayStation button and the option button (on the left)
2. Then go to your blue devices and pair your PlayStation controller if it asks for a password you input 0000. Allow it to connect successfully
First method (DS4)
1. Download a software known as DS4 windows from this link https://ds4-windows.com/download/ryochan7-ds4windows/
2. Launch the software it will prompt you to do some downloads and installations of all the smaller software’s and drivers needed to configure the controller proceed
3. When you are done you might need to Restart your PC then open the software again it should show you at the bottom right corner that’s your controller is connected. You’re good to go
Steam Is a An online game store that has a launcher and the launcher has support for different kinds of controllers.
Disadvantage of steam is that it requires updates sometimes and you need to install A larger file
The advantage of steam is that since it is regularly updated and it has a large of supports DS4 in some certain games it has extra steps in the supports for the controller
1. After installing steam go to off-line library
2. In off-line library add the game do you want to use controller with
3. When the game is added go to settings of steam then locate controller then select your controller as PlayStation 4
4. Do a few calibration tests there to be sure that the part is configured correctly they also you can change the colors of the controller lights
5. This method works for generic controllers also as well as PlayStation 5 controllers and Xbox controllers
|Re: How To Use Ps4 Controllers, Xbox Controllers, Generic Pc Controllers ON PC by dyrane(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25|
Xbox controllers are known to be plug and play controllers in the PC game in the world
You just need to plug them in, windows you automatically identified them as compatible and install necessary drivers
You might need to select Xbox controller in in-game settings of some games if it doesn’t select it automatically
All wired Xbox controllers walk without any settings.
All wireless Xbox controllers except the Xbox 360 controllers work with PC simply by connecting it with Bluetooth.
To connect the wireless version of the Xbox 360 controller you need to get a receiver for the Xbox 360 wireless controller which is sold on online stores or local shops nearby.
|Re: How To Use Ps4 Controllers, Xbox Controllers, Generic Pc Controllers ON PC by dyrane(m): 10:02pm On Aug 25|
TO CONNECT GENERIC CONTROLLERS
The first Rarely used method is using steam using the steps described above.
Most commonly used method is using an emulator like x360ce, xpadder, xinput mapper etc
X360ce is the most common for the common genetic controllers
1. Download x360ce for both 32 and 64bit.
2. Put the version into the installation directory of the game (right on shortcut and open file location- that’s the game directory)
3. If you don’t know the version of the game (32/64bit). Put anyone it will tell you if it’s an incorrect one eg fifa 22 will bring up an error if you put the 32bit x360ce in its directory because it’s a 64bit game.
4. Ensure you’re connected to the internet for fast mapping, install all the required softwares in x360ce like the popular registry xinput1_3.dll
5. Save and you’re good to go
N/B: there’s a newer version of x360ce that’s an all in one it works for both architectures but is a little complicated to use and hence cannot be made to work with some stubborn games yet.
N/B: not all games work with this. But most games do.
Eg for fifa 22 it requires you to edit the newly created “xinput1_3.dll” to “xinput1_4.dll” for the pad to be recognized.
Other stubborn games might have their solutions also.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59