Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks (1191 Views)

LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown / Daura Residents To Buhari: "We Only Have Light When You Are Around" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Okobola146: 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2022
Lagos residents now required to pay CAR-PARKING fees for parking on setbacks

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by 55truth: 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2022
Isoright
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by SmartPolician: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
Just imagine all the money Tinubu is making in Lagos, yet he wants to extend his looting tentacle to Aso Rock undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Mynd44: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
NOT inside your compound. This is for parking on setback. Setbacks are owned by governments and parking tolls are collected on them

Look at the picture below. The space marked 1,2 are what setbacks are and they are government property. Not for parking inside your compound.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by derecho(m): 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2022
No be Tinubu again?
No other idea to generate CASH
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2022
Raise more taxes to support Tinubu's Presidential ambition

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Realadey(m): 9:32pm On Aug 25, 2022
On setbacks!!!!!
Ok oooo
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by 3ple9iner: 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
I see no reason for you to have lied in you report. That letter clearly stated cars packed on set backs and not in your compound. It's very obvious that you know most people wouldn't bother to read reason why you used that headline.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by PointZerom: 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
The effect of McOluomo as Lagos State Parks management chairman.

If Tinubu becomes the president, NIGERIANS will pay for walking on the ground.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by PointZerom: 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2022
Mynd44:
NOT inside your compound. This is for parking on setback. Setbacks are owned by governments and parkinbtolls are collected on them

Look at the picture below. The space marked 1,2 are what setbacks are and they are government property. Not for parking inside your compound.

McOluomo is working. You guys should prepare to pay him for walking on the road.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Penguin2: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
Mynd44:
NOT inside your compound. This is for parking on setback. Setbacks are owned by governments and parkinbtolls are collected on them

You are defending this?

Where do all these monies go to?

Must govt collect everything?

Imagine charging a private organization N240,000,000, where do you expect them to get that money from?

This is heartlessness.

Don’t defend it.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Zonefree(m): 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
Mynd44:

You don't have to defend this. There's no way to defend this wickedness without looking foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Mynd44: 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2022
Penguin2:

You are defending this?

Where do all these monies go to?

Must govt collect everything?

Imagine charging a private organization N240,000,000, where do you expect them to get that money from?

This is heartlessness.

Don’t defend it.
Then stop parking there and park INSIDE YOUR COMPOUND!

Why do you want to park on public facility and not pay?

FYI: this bill is about 200 naira for each space daily.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Penguin2: 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
Mynd44:

Must govt collect every damn tax?

Things and times are hard; taxes or bills like this are things that govt look away from.

Has the govt no conscience?

And talking about parking inside… how would you park inside when Lagos landlords build up every piece of their land and leave no parking space for their intended tenants?
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by CR777: 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2022
Mynd44:

And this one is a mod on nairaland? Chai. It is finished.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2022
Why stressing and drawing people back.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Jokerman(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Mynd44:

Is this for a major road or inside a street??

Because many houses don't even have parking spaces ..
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Mynd44: 4:49am On Aug 26, 2022
Jokerman:

Is this for a major road or inside a street??

Because many houses don't even have parking spaces ..
This is not a home or estate. It is a business.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Sevenworldpower(m): 5:10am On Aug 26, 2022
Mynd44:
NOT inside your compound. This is for parking on setback. Setbacks are owned by governments and parking tolls are collected on them

After paying property tax. Continue ok.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by kettykin: 5:11am On Aug 26, 2022
There is only one solution to all these, open up the economy of other coastal states and hinterland cities, Lagos will be a second option. Lagos was never really the first option untill the crumbled economic policies of some governors of hitherto thriving commercial States
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 26, 2022
A glimpse of Tinubu's presidency.... with current inflation at 19%, youth unemployment at 64%, this is how a state seeks to encourage private businesses..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Mynd44: 5:24am On Aug 26, 2022
Sevenworldpower:

After paying property tax. Continue ok.
A setback is not your property

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Chinjo2: 5:33am On Aug 26, 2022
So what happens in a situation where the compound does not have space to park a car?
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Owopariola001: 5:47am On Aug 26, 2022
Chinjo2:
So what happens in a situation where the compound does not have space to park a car?

Why will a compound not have a space to park a car? Who approved the building drawings before its construction? Or didn't they take it for approval?

You people want your country to be like First World Country, but you don't want to do the "work."

"Opopo Mecca mo roro, awon eniyan ni won n tun she." - The street of Mecca is clean, but it is the people that are doing the cleaning and maintenance.

Later you guys will still complain about how people are parking on roads anyhow and not in a parking space.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by DeepThroater: 6:22am On Aug 26, 2022
Mynd44:

Its meant not for residential but business premises such as eateries and what not.

Iif I don't pay and don't use it , will they tow my house?

Its still ret@rded and a law permit borrowed from the Jew K were they tax everything and have a licence for owning a TV.

I know these idiots in Alausa just copy every single tax and permit law from the UK to sustain their parasitism on the people.

Lagos State is an example of how the people end up serving and slaving for a govt that was elected to serve them.

Is radio licence not included in annual road tax for vehicles for Lagos plate numbers?

I remember how this same Lagos state govt under Fashola said they will tax every vehicle sale in Lagos that even if I wanted to sell my personal vehicle to someone I will be made to pay a sales tax to the govt as if nah dem buy the car for me. What if I take the car out of state and sell it will they come and meet me in my house demanding their own cut? What happens if the car was stolen will they help me recover it or buy me a new one?

Lagos state is by far the worst state to do business and live. Why people are still living there beats me.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by DeepThroater: 6:25am On Aug 26, 2022
Owopariola001:

Why will a compound not have a space to park a car? Who approved the building drawings before its construction? Or didn't they take it for approval?

You people want your country to be like First World Country, but you don't want to do the "work."

"Opopo Mecca mo roro, awon eniyan ni won n tun she." - The street of Mecca is clean, but it is the people that are doing the cleaning and maintenance.

Later you guys will still complain about how people are parking on roads anyhow and not in a parking space.

This is a tax law borrowed from the Jew K where they have cottage styled houses with little or no land in the front. You open your front door and you are on govt land.

I hated the Jew K for all their overbearing useless taxes .
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Owopariola001: 6:43am On Aug 26, 2022
DeepThroater:

This is a tax law borrowed from the Jew K where they have cottage styled houses with little or no land in the front. You open your front door and you are on govt land.

I hated the Jew K for all their overbearing useless taxes .

Mule.

Motorable sized road doesn't pass through cottages.

The closest cottage closer to the main road will definitely have a setback before such a building is approved by the government.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by RZArecta(m): 6:46am On Aug 26, 2022
I'll just remove my slabs and tell govt I have no parking space there. I beautified the place, created the slabs, so I can remove them at will. I'm not paying that shít cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks by Sevenworldpower(m): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2022
Mynd44:

A setback is not your property
OK continue. If APc leaders eat shit you would definitely hail them.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Bola Tinubu Donates N100 Millions For Kano Flood Victims / Omoh Watch Crowd And Passion In Lafia. / PDP Holds Presidential Campaign Rally In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.