Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Does The End Really Justify The Means? Or Vice Versa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does The End Really Justify The Means? Or Vice Versa (199 Views)

LASU Sacks ASUU Chairman, Vice Chairman And 15 Other Lecturers For Malpractices / OAU SUG Vice President Crying After Fight Involving Union Members (pictures) / Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The End Really Justify The Means? Or Vice Versa by icekream(m): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2022
You spent 4 years (or more) in the University. Was the best moment of your life the day you collected the degree certificate, or the best moments were a collection of short but memorable moments of the times you spent in the School?

You prepare for an exam, you pass that exam and you feel a wave of emotions. What really triggered the emotions: That result or what you went through to achieve that result

Your hard work finally pays off and you get that thing you've been aiming to achieve for a ling time. What do you appreciate the most: That particular moment or granular/big things you did up to that moment?

Everyone says the End justifies the means

I say it's a big lie. To you, the main actor in your life, I don't think it's meant to be put that way.
For you, the Means Justifies the End. For every other person that cares to listen to you, the end justifies the means.

Ever done something and upon getting to the end, you feel an emptiness and ask yourself: What else?
Like, really, WHAT ELSE?
You just pick up the next objective and hope that fills the void you feel deep within you.
No, my friend, I don't think it will

I feel what makes life worth living is not the main objective you're after, but what you did/felt/sacrificed, the people you met (I call it the side missions on your journey).

I'd love everyone to Key in and drop their views on this, as this is just my personal opinion.

Live, Love, Laugh.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Apply For 2023 UK Chevening Scholarship / Watch Students React To ASUU Strike. / All Things GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.