Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,359 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use (2275 Views)

Which Model Of Mercedes Can I Buy For 2.5M / Which Car Can I Buy For 3.5m / Suggest An SUV Of 2m To Buy For My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Honesty101: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2022
I want to buy a car primarily for carrying agro commodities like cucumber in bags (not more than (15-20 bags) and also for family mobility.
Please help, which car can do this efficiently?
Budget is 1.5-2m
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by NokiaN8(m): 10:42am On Aug 26, 2022
AllI would advise is buy a voxwagen product..

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Honesty101: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2022
NokiaN8:
AllI would advise is buy a voxwagen product..

Thanks for your input. Which volkswagen car?
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Hollawayn05(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2022
Following ooo,
Same delema,
Also need a car for agro use (poultry feed ones a while and eggs) and also family use..
I'm thinking of nissan Serena bit the one I saw for 2.2m is 2.0 engine and I have been trying to make a review on it

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by CamelCase: 8:23am On Aug 28, 2022
Toyota sienna comes mind
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by nurey(m): 11:02am On Aug 28, 2022
Toyota sienna 1998 to 2003

has a V6 engine mated to a 4speed auto transmission, seats seven passengers and ability to remove the middle and rear seat to accommodate plenty cargo space. Down side is only front windows can wind down hence heat builds up on sunny days at the rear in traffic.
PRICE 900K TO 1.8M naija used depending on condition.

Honda Element 2003 to 2011
Has a 2.4L 4 cylinder K24 engine which is very rugged matted to a 4speed auto from 03 to 07, 5 speed auto 08 to 11 and a 5 speed manual transmission 03 to 11. Available in front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive (rear wheels only kick in when front wheels slip). Has a good cargo space and ability to remove the rear seats for larger space. The boxy shape is a turn off for some but gives it an edge in cargo carrying capacity.
Turn off are the funny rear doors, they can only be opened when the front has opened, no rear glass but a sunroof that can be totally removed but only available for 4wd models.

Tokunbo starts at 3.5m while naija used is 1m yo 1.8m depending on condition

Nissan Serena
Nissan serena is a cargo/people mover can. Has a FWD and AWD variant, the cargo variant is specifically for haulage purpose while the people mover variant can double for both though has less storage capacity than the cargo variant. Comes is a 1 8L and 2.0L engine the 2.0L touted as best engine among the engine line up. I don't know much about the diesel engine.
Naija used starts at 700k upwards.

Toyota Avanza/picnic/avensis verso/yaris verso
All this are cargo oriented vehicles there starting price for naija used is 1.5m, they come in 4cylinder, hood on gas.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Honesty101: 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
Hollawayn05:
Following ooo,
Same delema,
Also need a car for agro use (poultry feed ones a while and eggs) and also family use..
I'm thinking of nissan Serena bit the one I saw for 2.2m is 2.0 engine and I have been trying to make a review on it

Is the car rugged for cargo purposes? What's your research on that.
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Honesty101: 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
nurey:

has a V6 engine mated to a 4speed auto transmission, seats seven passengers and ability to remove the middle and rear seat to accommodate plenty cargo space. Down side is only front windows can wind down hence heat builds up on sunny days at the rear in traffic.

Has a 2.4L 4 cylinder K24 engine which is very rugged matted to a 4speed auto from 03 to 07, 5 speed auto 08 to 11 and a 5 speed manual transmission 03 to 11. Available in front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive (rear wheels only kick in when front wheels slip). Has a good cargo space and ability to remove the rear seats for larger space. The boxy shape is a turn off for some but gives it an edge in cargo carrying capacity.
Turn off are the funny rear doors, they can only be opened when the front has opened, no rear glass but a sunroof that can be totally removed but only available for 4wd models.

Nissan Serena
Nissan serena is a cargo/people mover can. Has a FWD and AWD variant, the cargo variant is specifically for haulage purpose while the people mover variant can double for both though has less storage capacity than the cargo variant. Comes is a 1 8L and 2.0L engine the 2.0L touted as best engine among the engine line up. I don't know much about the diesel engine.

All this are cargo oriented vehicles there starting price for naija used is 1.5m, they come in 4cylinder, hood on gas.

Thanks for your input. But, which of them would you suggest? I heard since sienna is automatic it's not ideal for such cargo?
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by nurey(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Honesty101:

Thanks for your input. But, which of them would you suggest? I heard since sienna is automatic it's not ideal for such cargo?

It is ideal just ensure you service engine and transmission regularly with recommended fluid

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Honesty101: 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2022
nurey:

It is ideal just ensure you service engine and transmission regularly with recommended fluid

Please sir, how regular is your regular?
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by nurey(m): 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
Honesty101:

Please sir, how regular is your regular?

Engine oil 5w30 full synthetic oil 8000kms or 6months

Engine oil 20w50 or mineral oils in general, 3000kms or 3months which ever comes first.

Transmission oil has a range of around 60,000kms but the ideal thing because of our condition in naija every 2 years is okay to forestall damage
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Honesty101: 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
nurey:

Engine oil 5w30 full synthetic oil 8000kms or 6months

Engine oil 20w50 or mineral oils in general, 3000kms or 3months which ever comes first.

Transmission oil has a range of around 60,000kms but the ideal thing because of our condition in naija every 2 years is okay to forestall damage
Thank you sir
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Hollawayn05(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
nurey:

Nissan Serena

Boss!
Which of the year would you recommend as the most rugged in the above suggested Toyota sienna? If one is going for a tokunbo
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by nurey(m): 7:43am On Sep 11, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Boss!
Which of the year would you recommend as the most rugged in the above suggested Toyota sienna? If one is going for a tokunbo

All are rugged, the older the model year, the cheaper the parts. On a general note 2004 to 2010 ticks the general note with the 04 to 06 with 3.3L engine most people's favorite
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Hollawayn05(m): 11:20am On Sep 11, 2022
nurey:

All are rugged, the older the model year, the cheaper the parts. On a general note 2004 to 2010 ticks the general note with the 04 to 06 with 3.3L engine most people's favorite

Pushing for a 01or 02, anything above 03 will tear my pocket.. Family and few times haulage for farm produce, the nissan Serena I was pushing for enn, after payment I discovered it was diesel and the seller claimed not to know about it,
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Reelz: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Pushing for a 01or 02, anything above 03 will tear my pocket.. Family and few times haulage for farm produce, the nissan Serena I was pushing for enn, after payment I discovered it was diesel and the seller claimed not to know about it,
So after all these free quality reviews you got here, you still bought that korope. ur mumu just dey start.
after u spend money finish for maintenance, ur body go tell u ode.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Originalsly: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
Honestly.... I recommend the Honda Element that Nurey suggested. It best serves your purpose. If you want a car to "look nice"... then get something else. It can carry your family... just like any other car... the Sienna or whatever. It can fetch cargo ... just like the Sienna or any other car. The difference begins with 4 wheel drive. If you are dealing with agi produce you need to go off road.... roads are already a nightmare and when it rains ... 4WD is a must. Agri products are almost always somewhat messy ... and you will have the inside of your car messed up when brushing and wiping will not be enough to clean the car and remove the scent. Can you imagine fetching a load of cucumbers on Saturday.. cleaning the car the evening... Sunday morning taking your family to church and you all be smelling like cucumbers? The Element is pretty much water proof on the inside... designed to be hosed down on the inside and seats water resistant. The vehicle was designed for surfers and other ehmmm ... "messy people" involved in off road activities ... like you and your loads of cucumbers. How good or reliable is the vehicle? Recently I was browsing used Elements and was surprised to find several with over 200 000 miles and holding for price! That should tell you something. If you decide to get this one.... I suggest you stay away from Naija used unless you are sure about its history and maintenance. If you do get one... always... always let a certified mechanic do the maintenance and repairs.

Any other car ... Subaru .... Forrester or Outlander .... AWD and very reliable.
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Originalsly: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Diesel??..... good luck in finding a diesel mechanic! I suggest you sell that car immediately and get back your money.
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by nurey(m): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hollawayn05:

I have a 2000 though I left it for family use. The vehicle is okay, parts are cheap, engine and transmission are rugged and solid, a good choice nonetheless.

If your haulage entails heavy goods like rice, garri, oil palm heavy agric produce of 500kg you may need to adjust the rear strut and change rim from 15 to 16inch though it disfigured the rear of the vehicle but guards against rear scraping which can damage the fuel tank and exhaust system.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Hollawayn05(m): 7:02am On Sep 12, 2022
Originalsly:

Diesel??..... good luck in finding a diesel mechanic! I suggest you sell that car immediately and get back your money.

Haaaaa
Me keh
I dint pick it up imediatly I discovered at the car stand, thou I'm yet to recover my full pay but I have dem this Friday or hell get loosed
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Thazard(m): 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
nurey:

Nissan Serena

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by olenyi: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Haaaaa
Me keh
I dint pick it up imediatly I discovered at the car stand, thou I'm yet to recover my full pay but I have dem this Friday or hell get loosed

Why not try getting a Ford Galaxy, Toyota Picnic, VW Sharan, Opel Zafira or SEAT.

Warm regards.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Trustingod777: 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2022
Please how much fuel can someone use from Ikorodu garage to Ayobo ipaja with Sienna 2007 car. Please I need your advice sir
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Jaapu: 3:02am On Dec 11, 2022
nurey:

Nissan Serena

What is your take on Opel Zafira for same purpose. thank you.
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by Bantu10: 6:37am On Dec 11, 2022
Buy Toyota picnic and thank me that you did

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On Best Car To Buy For Haulage And Family Use by nurey(m): 7:26am On Dec 11, 2022
Jaapu:

What is your take on Opel Zafira for same purpose. thank you.

Very good vehicle especially when used in the north

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Es330 2005 Model For Sale / OMG! What An Ugly Kit Car! / Usage Of Coolants & Water For Radiators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.