Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

[b]an Open Letter To Andrew Tate -- Olakunle Allison [/b] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / [b]an Open Letter To Andrew Tate -- Olakunle Allison [/b] (303 Views)

Prince Kalada Allison Suicide Attempt: Queen Wokoma Ex Husband In Hospital / Prince Allison Threatens Suicide: Queen Wokoma Reacts To Ex-Husband's Threat / Nelson Allison: Meet BBNaija Contestant Who Won 'Mr Universe Nigeria 2018' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[b]an Open Letter To Andrew Tate -- Olakunle Allison [/b] by OmoGbadamosi01(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2022
An Open Letter To Andrew Tate -- Olakunle Allison 

A Nigerian lawyer, Mr Olakunle Allison has written an open letter to preachers of materialism and motivational speakers. He cited the recent issue of Andrew Tate as an example to buttress his point.

Read his post below;

"My Note To "Get-Rich-Only" Speakers.

Money is not everything. Everybody is useful.

You won't see the value of a roadside mechanic until your car breaks down on a highway.

You won't see the value of a water vendor until your apartment borehole stops pumping water for days.

You won't see the value of a plumber until your toilet or kitchen pipe is blocked or punctured and now leaks.

You won't see the value of a local pharmacist until you need to fight a late night headache before you visit a clinic the next day.

You won't see the value of your local medical physician until you need to treat malaria or any other symptoms at an affordable price.

You won't see the value of a teacher until you start having kids who must go to school.

You won't see the value of a local carpenter until you need to repair or renovate your dilapidated furniture.

You may not see the value of a local food vendor until you are too fatigued to cook and have to eat.

You may not see the value of your local market women and men until you need to buy your tomatoes, pepper, onions and stuff to cook.

You get the point.

Everybody in any society is IMPORTANT.

And such folks are usually not rich but they provide ESSENTIAL HUMAN SERVICES in order for LIFE to continue.

In all our talk about acquiring skills that grow your networth or studying courses that guarantee wealth, we must not forget BALANCE.

I believe in balanced perspectives.

Money is not and should not be everything.

If money were everything, many of us would not have been educated today because our teachers and lecturers were not rich. If they had pursued money instead of staying in the halls of knowledge, who would teach people like me?

I see many folks online over-glorifying tech skills and other allied skills in the quest to cash out as if to shame other low-level skills.

This is wrong.

When you eventually make that big money from tech and you want to build that dream house, would you lay the bricks and plaster the cement yourself? No, you would hire someone called a BRICKLAYER skilled in bricklaying who most likely doesn't earn much.

Would you do the electrification, plumbing, tiling and all by yourself? No, you would hire an ELECTRICIAN, PLUMBER and TILER skilled in these fields and they usually don't earn big.

You are only able to achieve your dream home because these so-called poor skilled men exist and you hope they exist otherwise your dream is f**ked.

I see the likes of Andrew Tate shaming doctors and mainstream education, saying that he got to his doctor's car park and he couldn't find a space to park his Bugatti. Andrew Tate then mocked the educational system which couldn't make doctors afford a Bugatti.

I am an Andrew Tate fan to an extent but I vehemently disagree with him on this issue.

Read More �
https://ofofoentertainment.com/an-open-letter-to-andrew-tate-by-olakunle/
Re: [b]an Open Letter To Andrew Tate -- Olakunle Allison [/b] by eazzzy1(m): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2022
Money is everything, all the values you mentioned can be bought with money. There will never be a shortage of poor people, so there’s no fear that there won’t be bricklayers and plumbers when you need to build a house.

You think people in low income jobs do what they do out of passion? for the value they provide? they wouldn’t leave if something better came up?

I don’t support shaming poor people but let’s not deceive ourselves, money is basically everything. Even the bible says money answereth all things.

(1) (Reply)

“we’re Breaking Up, It’s About To Be Over”: Bella Desperately Begs Biggie For Sp / Meet Billionaire Woman In Tech That Changed African Telecommunications Narrative / Remember Aaliyah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.