Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? (551 Views)

Nigeria's Interest In Tinubu's Money Laundering Dwarfs Elon Musk - Plainsite / Oby Ezekwesili On Tinubu: "Money Will Fail In The 2023 Elections. Mark My Word" / Charles Idahosa: I’m Begging Governor Obaseki To Let Us Return To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Vulturereloaded: 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
US have agreed to return $23 million abacha loot to Nigeria.

I am wondering when they will return the money tinubu forfeited to them?

Or will this money go just like that?

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by derecho(m): 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
Kikikiki...Tinubu wish no one knew

3 Likes

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Vulturereloaded: 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
apache22b:
With all the corruption going on in this Buhari's administration, the Obidient's urchins still want Peter Obi to be President? god forbid. It's a shame because Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins cannot do anything.

Tinubu should be given the chance to continue where Buhari stops.

The burden will be too much for Peter Obi, we need a strong and highly experienced Bola Ahmed Tinubu to take Nigeria to greater heights.

Peter Obi is a failure, he failed in Anambra.

My fellow youths, we cannot risk our future in the hands of Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins, it would be suicidal to make such a mistake now .

Wake up my fellow Nigerians and let support Bola Ahmed Tinubu, he's the Messiah we all have always wished for .

god bless my fellow youths shocked

We say no to drug and endless pulic funds looting.

4 Likes

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by BATified2023: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
US have agreed to return $23 million abacha loot to Nigeria.

Or will this money go just like that?
u should b more concerned about when ikpeazu will pay workers their 13 months salary

When ugm will stop killing igbos
Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by John4B: 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
It is obvious that the only campaign slogan by the APC and BAT's campaign team has been:
1. Peter Obi's Lies Bursted
2. Peter Obi's supporters are IPOB nembers".
3. Peter Obi is an online phenomenon.
4. Labour Party is a structureless party

In reality, the APC and Tinubu have created no content to campaign with towards 2023 Elections except 'Emilokan' to 'Olule'. The BAT team have nothing else to say and are fast going down the political drain to be out. Emilokan is fast turning to Olulè!

Why Is APC Not Concerned About Other Contestants?
They are not talking about Sowore that has contested for President over 3 times. They are not talking about Atiku that has contested over 5 times. They have been fixated on Peter Obi as though they are really scared of Peter Obi now.

In politics, you only attack your major opponent. This is why the APC has given little jibes on Atiku and none to Kwankwaso and other Presidential contestants. Their major focus of attack has been Peter Obi and the Labour party which says a lot.

It is noticed that they keep spewing blackmail and division, while Peter Obi is increasing in popularity in leaps and bound. The SE is in the cart, same as the SS. The NC has been added. The majority of SW Christian votes are already with Peter Obi.

The results from Lagos State may be a shocker to Tinubu and the APC. Even the henchmen of BAT like Mc Oluomo cannot help help him this time, there are no ballot boxes to snatch. Infact, once you snatch the ballot box or cause problems; the polling unit is in jeopardy, which will be detrimental to the few votes that Tinubu would have gotten there. However, Nigerians are also ready. Everyone can now afford hidden body cameras, so even the results from Lagos State may likely put Tinubu and APC out of the contest.

Social Media Impact
You will hear them tell you that Peter Obi can only win on Twitter. However In 2014, the APC used the Social Media, Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and others to defeat the PDP. At that time Nigerians on Social were not up to 25% of the voting population. In 2022, when the users of social media have tripled, they are now telling Nigerians that social media is no longer relevant. Who is fooling who? If in 2014 and 2019 Social Media was relevant to defeating PDP, how come it is no longer important according to them? The answer is simple. They have lost control of the Social Media platform to Peter Obi's Obidient movement. Peter Obi now controls about 70% of most SM platforms. We are moving to completely annihilate them on SM. The only few platform they still have a voice are places like Nairaland and some newspapers owned by Tinubu, where they can spew tribalistic vernoms.

Obi and Labour Party New Focus Areas
Peter Obi is now going to focus on Northern Christians who are already against APC. This is the place for full blown campaigns. Southern Kaduna, Bauchi State's Tafawa Balewa, Bogoro, Azare, and all Christians the politicians call minorities in Gombe State, Kebbi State, Sokoto State etc are coming out to vote for Peter Obi.

In Borno State, about 35% of the population are Christians. Added to about 20% who seek good governance. All we need is 25%. Even though Bornu is Shettima's home state, Peter Obi is sure to participate in sharing the votes in Bornu State with Shettima and Atiku. You do not expect Christians who suffer discrimination in Chibok and environs to vote for another Muslim, especially Shettima. Go to Potiskum, go to the hinterlands of Adamawa, Obi is their favourite Presidential candidate.

The Kano State they are talking about has over 500,000 Igbos living there and other indigenous Christians from Kano State. Same as Katsina, Zamfara Sokoto. Who do you think they are voting for? In Sokoto, no genuine Christian will vote APC, same as in Niger State and Nasarawa State. Where is Peter Obi not getting votes of at least 25% in the North? May be Jigawa and Katsina States.

The noise making Mallam El Rufai of Kaduna has gone into hibernation after his 2 million man march statement on Peter Obi backfired and has now snowballed into 2 million. Wait for tomorrow to see how far.

Governor Wike Is Their New God of Hope
Please, leave those whose hope for 2023 is on Wike, the man is just catching cruise. The same Wike they hated for 8 yrs, calling him names and accusing him of Christianization of Rivers state, is now their lord and saviour.

We do not put our hope in man. Our hope is in God Almighty. On February 25, 2023, Wike cannot even coerce his personal ADC nor his cooks to vote for anybody. If he is sharing money, we trust our brothers and sisters, they did it in Osun. Collect the money, N10k, N20k but vote for your candidate.

The new electoral act has rendered rigging at collation centres irrelevant. That was where these governors had power. Now that is gone. Thugs are as useless as used sanitary pads. If you cause problems, the results are cancelled which may lead to rerun. Wike can only influence his employees up to the time they leave home to vote. He cannot control who those people vote for.
Moereover, Tinubu may end up creating more trouble for himself with his romance with Wike. It is no gainsaying the fact the the North has no love for Wike. Same thing with Amaechi. If Omehia, Okpala, Dagogo-Jack, Secondus and Amaechi come together, Wike will be useless.

NB:
Watch out for those who only read headlines to start making mockery, posting rubbish, abusive languages etc. They are more of Tinubu's APC supporters and online urchins. APC used social media to win the PDP in 2015, but want to deceive themselves and some Nigerians that SM is not relevant again.
It is therefore important for the Nigerian masses to keep up the heat for LABOUR PARTY to win the 2023 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS.

2 Likes

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
John4B:
It is obvious that the only campaign slogan by the APC and BAT's campaign team has been:
1. Peter Obi's Lies Bursted
2. Peter Obi's supporters are IPOB nembers".
3. Peter Obi is an online phenomenon.
4. Labour Party is a structureless party

In reality, the APC and Tinubu have created no content to campaign with towards 2023 Elections except 'Emilokan' to 'Olule'. The BAT team have nothing else to say and are fast going down the political drain to be out. Emilokan is fast turning to Olulè!

Why Is APC Not Concerned About Other Contestants?
They are not talking about Sowore that has contested for President over 3 times. They are not talking about Atiku that has contested over 5 times. They have been fixated on Peter Obi as though they are really scared of Peter Obi now.

In politics, you only attack your major opponent. This is why the APC has given little jibes on Atiku and none to Kwankwaso and other Presidential contestants. Their major focus of attack has been Peter Obi and the Labour party which says a lot.

It is noticed that they keep spewing blackmail and division, while Peter Obi is increasing in popularity in leaps and bound. The SE is in the cart, same as the SS. The NC has been added. The majority of SW Christian votes are already with Peter Obi.

The results from Lagos State may be a shocker to Tinubu and the APC. Even the henchmen of BAT like Mc Oluomo cannot help help him this time, there are no ballot boxes to snatch. Infact, once you snatch the ballot box or cause problems; the polling unit is in jeopardy, which will be detrimental to the few votes that Tinubu would have gotten there. However, Nigerians are also ready. Everyone can now afford hidden body cameras, so even the results from Lagos State may likely put Tinubu and APC out of the contest.

Social Media Impact
You will hear them tell you that Peter Obi can only win on Twitter. However In 2014, the APC used the Social Media, Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and others to defeat the PDP. At that time Nigerians on Social were not up to 25% of the voting population. In 2022, when the users of social media have tripled, they are now telling Nigerians that social media is no longer relevant. Who is fooling who? If in 2014 and 2019 Social Media was relevant to defeating PDP, how come it is no longer important according to them? The answer is simple. They have lost control of the Social Media platform to Peter Obi's Obidient movement. Peter Obi now controls about 70% of most SM platforms. We are moving to completely annihilate them on SM. The only few platform they still have a voice are places like Nairaland and some newspapers owned by Tinubu, where they can spew tribalistic vernoms.

Obi and Labour Party New Focus Areas
Peter Obi is now going to focus on Northern Christians who are already against APC. This is the place for full blown campaigns. Southern Kaduna, Bauchi State's Tafawa Balewa, Bogoro, Azare, and all Christians the politicians call minorities in Gombe State, Kebbi State, Sokoto State etc are coming out to vote for Peter Obi.

In Borno State, about 35% of the population are Christians. Added to about 20% who seek good governance. All we need is 25%. Even though Bornu is Shettima's home state, Peter Obi is sure to participate in sharing the votes in Bornu State with Shettima and Atiku. You do not expect Christians who suffer discrimination in Chibok and environs to vote for another Muslim, especially Shettima. Go to Potiskum, go to the hinterlands of Adamawa, Obi is their favourite Presidential candidate.

The Kano State they are talking about has over 500,000 Igbos living there and other indigenous Christians from Kano State. Same as Katsina, Zamfara Sokoto. Who do you think they are voting for? In Sokoto, no genuine Christian will vote APC, same as in Niger State and Nasarawa State. Where is Peter Obi not getting votes of at least 25% in the North? May be Jigawa and Katsina States.

The noise making Mallam El Rufai of Kaduna has gone into hibernation after his 2 million man march statement on Peter Obi backfired and has now snowballed into 2 million. Wait for tomorrow to see how far.

Governor Wike Is Their New God of Hope
Please, leave those whose hope for 2023 is on Wike, the man is just catching cruise. The same Wike they hated for 8 yrs, calling him names and accusing him of Christianization of Rivers state, is now their lord and saviour.

We do not put our hope in man. Our hope is in God Almighty. On February 25, 2023, Wike cannot even coerce his personal ADC nor his cooks to vote for anybody. If he is sharing money, we trust our brothers and sisters, they did it in Osun. Collect the money, N10k, N20k but vote for your candidate.

The new electoral act has rendered rigging at collation centres irrelevant. That was where these governors had power. Now that is gone. Thugs are as useless as used sanitary pads. If you cause problems, the results are cancelled which may lead to rerun. Wike can only influence his employees up to the time they leave home to vote. He cannot control who those people vote for.
Moereover, Tinubu may end up creating more trouble for himself with his romance with Wike. It is no gainsaying the fact the the North has no love for Wike. Same thing with Amaechi. If Omehia, Okpala, Dagogo-Jack, Secondus and Amaechi come together, Wike will be useless.

NB:
Watch out for those who only read headlines to start making mockery, posting rubbish, abusive languages etc. They are more of Tinubu's APC supporters and online urchins. APC used social media to win the PDP in 2015, but want to deceive themselves and some Nigerians that SM is not relevant again.
It is therefore important for the Nigerian masses to keep up the heat for LABOUR PARTY to win the 2023 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS.

You're just contradicting yourself in the same write-up! You say you depend on God and not on man but few paragraphs down, you're summing-up permutations that can favour Obi viz-a-viz the coming together of some Wike haters.

All the 3 frontline candidates are not worth it. Tinubu cannot get up to 60% votes in the North neither can Atiku. Obi also can't even boast of getting 5% votes here in the South. You all make me laugh.
Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Blue3k(m): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

You answered your own question. You know what forfeit means.

2 Likes

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Mindlog: 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
apache22b:
With all the corruption going on in this Buhari's administration, the Obidient's urchins still want Peter Obi to be President? god forbid. It's a shame because Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins cannot do anything.

Tinubu should be given the chance to continue where Buhari stops.

The burden will be too much for Peter Obi, we need a strong and highly experienced Bola Ahmed Tinubu to take Nigeria to greater heights.

Peter Obi is a failure, he failed in Anambra.

My fellow youths, we cannot risk our future in the hands of Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins, it would be suicidal to make such a mistake now .

Wake up my fellow Nigerians and let support Bola Ahmed Tinubu, he's the Messiah we all have always wished for .

god bless my fellow youths shocked

Tinubu may be your "Messiah" you and your household have been waiting for but certainly not mine!

No future Nigerian President will be worst than BUHARI, TINUBU marketed to Nigerians.
Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by VeryWickedMan: 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
Once he's ready to go to jail

2 Likes

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Vulturereloaded: 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
Blue3k:

You answer your own question. You know what forfeit means.

In otherwords he is guilty of drug trafficking?

1 Like

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Blue3k(m): 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

In otherwords he is guilty of drug trafficking?

Yes if he convicted of drug trafficking. I haven't read the court documents so I couldn't tell you for sure.

1 Like

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Vulturereloaded: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
Blue3k:

Yes if he convicted of drug trafficking. I haven't read the court documents so I couldn't tell you for sure.

When he ran away and left the money. So an innocent man will run and leave 460,000 dollars?

Can you leave 50k for your bank?

1 Like

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Blue3k(m): 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

When he ran away and left the money. So an innocent man will run and leave 460,000 dollars?

Can you leave 50k for your bank?

Why are jumping to a new topic? My opinion doesn't matter if you have a conviction in black and white. To answer your questions most likely not on the first question. On the second it depends how I earned the money and how much I have. Fed cases in the US are tough and sometimes a minor loss is preferable.

1 Like

Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Vulturereloaded: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2022
Blue3k:

Why are jumping to a new topic? My opinion doesn't matter if you have a conviction in black and white. To answer your questions most likely not on the first question. On the second it depends how I earned the money and how much I have. Fed cases in the US are tough and sometimes a minor loss is preferable.

Have you thought of how much damage they could pay if you prove youe innocence?

So you wake up one morning and the bank says your account is frozen on suspicion of illegal activities, you ambandon your money, because its better to loose the case?

460,000 is a minor loss? So what did he do to get the major money then? Because even Elon musk will not forfeit $460,000, for something he is not guilty of.
Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Blue3k(m): 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Have you thought of how much damage they could pay if you prove youe innocence?

So you wake up one morning and the bank says your account is frozen on suspicion of illegal activities, you ambandon your money, because its better to loose the case?

Nobody proves innocence in court. I doubt the feds would have to pay damages for a legal seizure and lawsuit. The asset Forfeiture laws make give the federal government lots of latitude. If you have legal precedent backing up damages arguement feel free to show me examples. I already answered your 2nd question if you don't agree just say so.
Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by NothingDoMe: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2022
BATified2023:
u should b more concerned about when ikpeazu will pay workers their 13 months salary

When ugm will stop killing igbos
So sensitive when Tinubu is mentioned. Take it easy. Nor be chick he be biko. cheesy
Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Vulturereloaded: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2022
Blue3k:

Nobody proves innocence in court. I doubt the feds would have to pay damages for a legal seizure and lawsuit. The asset Forfeiture laws make give the federal government lots of latitude. If you have legal precedent backing up damages arguement feel free to show me examples. I already answered your 2nd question if you don't agree just say so.

Did he attempt to challenge? The statement says, the money was forfeited because nobody came for it. No letter to challenge.

You can only sue for damages if you presented your cases and the government still went ahead to sieze the money, when the court is convinced that you have no business with drugs.
Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Blue3k(m): 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Did he attempt to challenge? The statement says, the money was forfeited because nobody came for it. No letter to challenge.

You can only sue for damages if you presented your cases and the government still went ahead to sieze the money, when the court is convinced that you have no business with drugs.

You answered your own question again. I don't know if he did challenge it. I'll just take your word on it. Ok so long story short there's no damages to be gained since he forfeited the cash.
Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Vulturereloaded: 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2022
Blue3k:

You answered your own question again. I don't know if he did challenge it. I'll just take your word on it. Ok so long story short there's no damages to be gained since he forfeited the cash.

Its written above. What led to the forfeiture, was the absence of a claim.
Re: When Will US Return Tinubu's Money? by Blue3k(m): 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Its written above. What led to the forfeiture, was the absence of a claim.

Ok you're just repeating yourself now. I didn't disagree with you. Is there a larger point you're trying to make on this thread?

(1) (Reply)

When Are We Annexing Chad And Niger ? / Peter Obi Knows Alot About Reducing Debts. ATIKU / Tinubu Discovered Lagos, Tinubu Created Lagos, Tinubu Developed Lagos(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.