Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion (663 Views)

2019 Election: List Of Presidential Candidates And Their Parties / PDP Presidential Candidates Unite Ahead Of Convention; Atiku Absent; See Photos / 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Michelle70(m): 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
This thread is not to discredit a candidate or exalt one above the others so pls read with an unbiased mind. And its just my opinion and may not be the opinion of you reading it

I'll go with the cons first.

ATIKU ABUBAKA
cons
Atiku is arguably going there to acquire wealth, his ambition is to sell Nigerian properties to his friends at a ridiculously low price and stuff the money in Dubai, the redemption of Nigeria is never his concern, as long as he ste*ls, he is satisfied, afterall he can easily run away to dubai
pros
-If you happen to be a family member of one of his friends, u may enjoy from the wealth at the detriment of other Nigerians
-Also just like Abacha, he may be sending us money from the grave when its our turn to lead, in 2060, u will be hearing things like "$4b Atiku loot recovered from dubai, such benevolence

ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU
cons

Just like Atiku, this one is also obsessed with wealth, but the difference is that, he is more interested in acquiring the properties for himself while the rest of Nigerians become his tenant, he has no interest if u all hate him, he will still push his way through to get it. go and die with ur hate.

pros
Since he is not stealing the money and investing in foreign companies, he will definitely make his company (Nigeria) a global brand by employing the best brains to run the affairs with him so if u have a stake in his company, that is investing in Nigeria, u may likely cash out, but becareful, he has touts at the gate

PETER OBI
cons

This one is the southern version of Buhari, fearsomely clueless about Nigerians problems but has the words to get his way.
Like PMB, he rates himself high but is just another disaster waiting to happen.
Unlike PMB though, this one likes wealth though not as much as the other two candidates who are desperate for it

pros
He can get along with the masses and is ridiculously humble to the core, if u are lucky, he might attend ur funeral.

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by kettykin: 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
apache22b:
With all the corruption going on in this Buhari's administration, the Obidient's urchins still want Peter Obi to be President? god forbid. It's a shame because Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins cannot do anything.

Tinubu should be given the chance to continue where Buhari stops.

The burden will be too much for Peter Obi, we need a strong and highly experienced Bola Ahmed Tinubu to take Nigeria to greater heights.

Peter Obi is a failure, he failed in Anambra.

My fellow youths, we cannot risk our future in the hands of Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins, it would be suicidal to make such a mistake now .

Wake up my fellow Nigerians and let support Bola Ahmed Tinubu, he's the Messiah we all have always wished for .

god bless my fellow youths shocked
The burden will be too much for Peter Obi, we need a strong and highly experienced Bola Ahmed Tinubu to take Nigeria to greater heights.

If you actually posted this , then there is real big problems

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Oracleforce: 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2022
Most of the comments you are going to be reading here will be based on primordial sentiment...
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Aiel123: 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
Michelle70:
This thread is not to discredit a candidate or exalt one above the others so pls read with an unbiased mind. And its just my opinion and may not be the opinion of you reading it

I'll go with the cons first.

ATIKU ABUBAKA
cons
Atiku is arguably going there to acquire wealth, his ambition is to sell Nigerian properties to his friends at a ridiculously low price and stuff the money in Dubai, the redemption of Nigeria is never his concern, as long as he ste*ls, he is satisfied, afterall he can easily run away to dubai
pros
-If you happen to be a family member of one of his friends, u may enjoy from the wealth at the detriment of other Nigerians
-Also just like Abacha, he may be sending us money from the grave when its our turn to lead, in 2060, u will be hearing things like "$4b Atiku loot recovered from dubai, such benevolence

ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU
cons

Just like Atiku, this one is also obsessed with wealth, but the difference is that, he is more interested in acquiring the properties for himself while the rest of Nigerians become his tenant, he has no interest if u all hate him, he will still push his way through to get it. go and die with ur hate.

pros
Since he is not stealing the money and investing in foreign companies, he will definitely make his company (Nigeria) a global brand by employing the best brains to run the affairs with him so if u have a stake in his company, that is investing in Nigeria, u may likely cash out, but becareful, he has touts at the gate

PETER OBI
cons

This one is the southern version of Buhari, fearsomely clueless about Nigerians problems but has the words to get his way.
Like PMB, he rates himself high but is just another disaster waiting to happen, but unlike PMB, this one likes wealth though not as much as the other two who are desperate for it

pros
He can get along with the masses and is ridiculously humble to the core, if u are lucky, he might attend ur funeral
Brutal truth you have here

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by David160(m): 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2022
kettykin:

If you actually posted this , then there is real big problems

Tinubu that's shaking like a leaf... He can barely hold a flag.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by jumper524(m): 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
Bros you need add one cons of tinubu.
Monopoly.
But to be honest this you opinion represent why I choose Tinubu against others.
While I fear for tinubu monopoly as his cons, I was never a fan of democracy.
While democracy has his pros, I think the cons outweigh it prons.
Cos I believe a leader whether good or bad cares for his people in the end. Just that method of approach are more sellable than the other.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
Obi the southern version of buhari, that's not a fair take...

Everyone knows what buhari is if you were swayed by APC in 2015, that's on you, not the lofty sweet talk
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Michelle70(m): 9:55pm On Aug 26, 2022
Thinkam:
Obi the southern version of buhari, that's not a fair take...

Everyone knows what buhari is if you were swayed by APC in 2015, that's on you, not the lofty sweet talk
everyone doesnt know except u are old enough to be born and matured when he ruled the country
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by mycar: 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2022
OP, you are wrong about Peter Obi, even oppositions have acknowledged that he knows what Nigeria problems are and however pretended not to have hear all the solutions he has been profferring.
The Pros is that Obi will listen to the masses and do what will please them
The con is that there may be policy summersault as he is likely gonna withdraw any policy that receives wide rejection by the masses
Tinubu no go send and Atiku will always play to the gallery.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
Michelle70:
everyone doesnt know except u are old enough to be born and matured when he ruled the country

Those who chose to not know, won't know.

I was 16 when buhari won, recently got admission, but I read about who he was, and knew he'd be a disaster, argued severally with my next house neighbor who was a rccg pastor and 40+, because we discuss politics frequently, took just 7 months of buhari's emergence for the man to admit that truly buhari will be a failure.

History is important, I like how social media is now enlightening those who are even as young as 12yrs, even 10year Olds know the names of some presidential candidates.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Michelle70(m): 3:42am On Aug 27, 2022
Thinkam:

Those who chose to not know, won't know.

I was 16 when buhari won, recently got admission, but I read about who he was, and knew he'd be a disaster, argued severally with my next house neighbor who was a rccg pastor and 40+, because we discuss politics frequently, took just 7 months of buhari's emergence for the man to admit that truly buhari will be a failure.

History is important, I like how social media is now enlightening those who are even as young as 12yrs, even 10year Olds know the names of some presidential candidates.
we have also all read that PO as a governor was a failure who couldnt move Lagos IGR, so why voting him?
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by wildernessVoice: 4:00am On Aug 27, 2022
BAT should use the small 5% energy to manage Alpha Beta Nigeria Ltd untill he joins his ancestors while
Atiku should use the meagre 10% energy to manage Abti/American university.

Obi has 60% energy to take Nigeria to the promised land.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Michelle70(m): 7:01am On Aug 27, 2022
wildernessVoice:

BAT should use the small 5% energy to manage Alpha Beta Nigeria Ltd untill he joins his ancestors while
Atiku should use the meagre 10% energy to manage Abti/American university.

Obi has 60% energy to take Nigeria to the promised land.
hmmm
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2022
Michelle70:
we have also all read that PO as a governor was a failure who couldnt move Lagos IGR, so why voting him?

Do you know what is responsible for Lagos huge IGR? Does Anambra have that?

I'm not voting anyone, I've always stated Obi is the best option, but Atiku will win
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Michelle70(m): 9:30am On Aug 27, 2022
Thinkam:

Do you know what is responsible for Lagos huge IGR? Does Anambra have that?

I'm not voting anyone, I've always stated Obi is the best option, but Atiku will win
Ok , lets forget Lagos.
so why does other governors perform better than Obi in that same Anambra?
Re: Pros And Cons Of Presidential Candidates. Personal Opinion by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2022
Michelle70:
Ok , lets forget Lagos.
so why does other governors perform better than Obi in that same Anambra?

Peter was better than mba and ngige, The only governor after Peter Obi was Obiano, what did Obiano do better than Peter.

Anambra enjoyed serenity during Peter's tenure, but death marred Obiano second tenure even elected officials weren't spared.

Obiano built an airport, what's the current debt of Anambra, what are Obiano savings and project do they match.
Same can't be said of Peter there's accountability,

(1) (Reply)

Remembering Dennis Osadebay, The First And Only Premier Of The Midwest Region / PDP Crisis: Leave Me Alone, Wike Tells Makarfi And Atiku Supporters [Video] / Bola Tinubu Vs Peter Obi Comparison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.