Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers (7331 Views)

Super Eagles Arrive Ghana For World Qualifier Play Offs Against Ghana (Photos) / The Moment Tyson Fury Knocked Down Wilder In The Final Round (Video) / Some Nigerian Fans Reactions During And After The CHAN Finals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by AdemolaVictorTv(m): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
The Home-based Super Eagles have arrived in Ghana ahead of the Qualifiers for the African Nations Championship also known as CHAN.
The team will face the home-based Ghana team on Sunday, the 28th of August 2022 by 5pm Nigerian time. The first leg of this tie will be played at the Cape Coast Sports Stadium in Ghana. While the second leg will be played at the MKO Stadium in Abuja on Saturday, the 3rd of September.

The winner after the two games will qualify for the 2022 CHAN which will actually be played around January in 2023. A total of 18 teams will be participating at the main tournament, and a win for Nigeria at the end of both legs will ensure we are one of 3 countries from WAFU Zone B to qualify for CHAN.

Ghana started their qualification campaign with home and away victories over Benin last month and they would also be hoping to stop Nigeria yet again from qualifying an international competition.

Nigeria have only qualified for CHAN 3 times out of 6 editions, and this time around the team will be hoping to make it to the main competition. Our best finish at the tournament was when we came second in 2018 losing to Morocco in the finals. Ghana has also been at the tournament 3 times out of 6. And their best finish was as silver medalist in 2009 and 2014.

The last time Nigeria faced Ghana at CHAN was in 2014 at the Semi-final stage where Ghana defeated Nigeria 4-1 via penalties after playing a goalless draw for 120 minutes. Nigeria ended up finishing third at that tournament while Ghana finished second.
Super Eagles B is Coached by Salisu Yusuf who took the Eagles B to a silver finish in 2018 in Morocco.

Nigeria Super Eagles B VS Ghana Black Galaxies - 2022 CHAN Qualifiers - Match Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlhJqzdz-GI

22 players in total have been selected to face Ghana at the Cape Coast while four will wait for the team on its return to Abuja.

Goalkeepers
Olorunleke Ojo (Enyimba)
Adewale Adeyinka (Kwara United)
Kayode Bankole (Remo Stars)

Defenders
Temitope Olusesi (Rangers International)
Kazie Enyinnaya (Rivers United)
Ebube Duru (Rivers United)
Sani Faisal (Katsina United)
Oluwatosin Adegbite (Enyimba)
Temple Emekayi (Rivers United)
Isa Ali (Remo Stars)
Samson Gbadebo (Akwa United)

Midfielders
Morice Chukwu (Rivers United)
Nosiru Afeez (Kwara United)
Babatunde Bello (Akwa United)
Chiamaka Madu (Rivers United)
Joseph Onoja (Rivers United)
Rabiu Muhammad Zulkifilu (Plateau United)

Attackers
Chijioke Akuneto (Rivers United)
Chidiebere Nwobodo (Rangers International)
Ossy Martins (Rangers International)
Andy Okpe (Remo Stars)
Sadiq Abubakar (Enyimba)

Players to stay in Nigeria
Christopher Nwaeze (Akwa United)
Samuel Amadi (Akwa United)
Philip Ozor (Enyimba)
Valentine Odoh (Abia Warriors)

Lalasticlala. Mynd44 mukina2

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by AdemolaVictorTv(m): 11:05pm On Aug 26, 2022
I hope this time around, we get the victory over Ghana at the end of both legs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by Quest7777: 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2022

Even if dem win 10-0, it will not make up for our WC ticket loss to Ghana.
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by AdventHero: 5:13am On Aug 27, 2022
Best wishes to the boys.

Meanwhile, care for a short sermon?

Visit our youtube channel: Advent Hero Ministries
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by 1b8m: 5:14am On Aug 27, 2022
Samson Gbadebo my friend. We attended rivers state university of science & technology together. We lived in the same room and ate from the same pot. This life funny Sha, just follow your dream

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by Ubermind: 5:21am On Aug 27, 2022
Ghana yet again

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by musterseeds: 5:23am On Aug 27, 2022
Success to the home based team

AdemolaVictorTv:
The Home-based Super Eagles have arrived in Ghana ahead of the Qualifiers for the African Nations Championship also known as CHAN.

The winner after the two games will qualify for the 2022 CHAN which will actually be played around January in 2023. A total of 18 teams will be participating at the main tournament, and a win for Nigeria at the end of both legs will ensure we are one of 3 countries from WAFU Zone B to qualify for CHAN.

Nigeria Super Eagles B VS Ghana Black Galaxies - 2022 CHAN Qualifiers - Match Preview

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by Ubermind: 5:26am On Aug 27, 2022
The team will deliver, but playing away at Ghana will be tricky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by Shaev7(m): 5:27am On Aug 27, 2022
Morning prayer
Thank you, Lord, for revealing yourself to me through the wonder and beauty of your creation. Thank you for your grace and blessing in my life. Thank you for your presence in the situation l am praying for. Come show yourself to me, and fill my heart with your power. Lord, I want to respond to your grace and follow your lead. Hold me fast as I pursue a fuller measure of your life in me. Help me to see my life of faith as a relationship, so that I can accept and act on all the grace you have for me. Help me to keep my eyes on you and your holy will. Free me from selfish and momentary goals in life so that I can seek to serve you only in the way that produces joy to your heart. Fill me with your life as I spend time with you today, and let this life spill out for others to see. Holy Spirit, help me to recognize the fruit of my thoughts and plans. Purify my heart so that I can live a life pleasing to you. Show me the ways that you are working in my life and the path that you have planned for me. Open my mind today, so that I can understand and discern your will. Amen.
Good morning
Have a lovely weekend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by Doyou2019: 5:34am On Aug 27, 2022
Quest7777:

Even if dem win 10-0, it will not make up for our WC ticket loss to Ghana.

They won't even win, as long as Salisu is the one in charge.
You heard it first here.
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by fasho01(m): 5:46am On Aug 27, 2022
The one that truly mattered, team A squandered it cry.. I personally care less about this
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by merits(m): 6:17am On Aug 27, 2022
AdemolaVictorTv:
The team will face the home-based Ghana team on Sunday, the 28th of August 2022 by 5pm Nigerian time. The first leg of this tie will be played at the Cape Coast Sports Stadium in Ghana. While the second leg will be played at the MKO Stadium in Abuja on Saturday, the 3rd of September.

Ghana started their qualification campaign with home and away victories over Benin last month and they would also be hoping to stop Nigeria yet again from qualifying an international competition.

Nigeria have only qualified for CHAN 3 times out of 6 editions, and this time around the team will be hoping to make it to the main competition. Our best finish at the tournament was when we came second in 2018 losing to Morocco in the finals. Ghana has also been at the tournament 3 times out of 6. And their best finish was as silver medalist in 2009 and 2014.

The last time Nigeria faced Ghana at CHAN was in 2014 at the Semi-final stage where Ghana defeated Nigeria 4-1 via penalties after playing a goalless draw for 120 minutes. Nigeria ended up finishing third at that tournament while Ghana finished second.
Super Eagles B is Coached by Salisu Yusuf who took the Eagles B to a silver finish in 2018 in Morocco.

22 players in total have been selected to face Ghana at the Cape Coast while four will wait for the team on its return to Abuja.

Goalkeepers
Olorunleke Ojo (Enyimba)
Adewale Adeyinka (Kwara United)
Kayode Bankole (Remo Stars)

Defenders
Temitope Olusesi (Rangers International)
Kazie Enyinnaya (Rivers United)
Ebube Duru (Rivers United)
Sani Faisal (Katsina United)
Oluwatosin Adegbite (Enyimba)
Temple Emekayi (Rivers United)
Isa Ali (Remo Stars)
Samson Gbadebo (Akwa United)

Midfielders
Morice Chukwu (Rivers United)
Nosiru Afeez (Kwara United)
Babatunde Bello (Akwa United)
Chiamaka Madu (Rivers United)
Joseph Onoja (Rivers United)
Rabiu Muhammad Zulkifilu (Plateau United)

Attackers
Chijioke Akuneto (Rivers United)
Chidiebere Nwobodo (Rangers International)
Ossy Martins (Rangers International)
Andy Okpe (Remo Stars)
Sadiq Abubakar (Enyimba)

Players to stay in Nigeria
Christopher Nwaeze (Akwa United)
Samuel Amadi (Akwa United)
Philip Ozor (Enyimba)
Valentine Odoh (Abia Warriors)

Lalasticlala. Mynd44 mukina2

I don't believe in Nigeria team again.
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by crackhouse(m): 6:39am On Aug 27, 2022
We don't these footballers again. Back in the days we knew every Nigerian footballer by their name. Does it mean men no dey get interest on football again? I don't even know their faces
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by clockwisereport: 6:46am On Aug 27, 2022
crackhouse:
We don't these footballers again. Back in the days we knew every Nigerian footballer by their name. Does it mean men no dey get interest on football again? I don't even know their faces
Do you watch Nigerian league?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by Belteshazzar1: 7:24am On Aug 27, 2022
This sports of a thing no dey finish ne?
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by oriewanbe: 7:28am On Aug 27, 2022
So what happened? No single player from 3SC?
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by Makowonda: 7:50am On Aug 27, 2022
It would be a severe bruise on the ego of Nigerians should Ghana emerge victorious again after depriving the Super Eagles of a World Cup slot.I wish the CHAN Eagles success.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by Lexxxyy: 8:13am On Aug 27, 2022
I hope say Ghana no go chop our eye again...
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by Rinoxy: 8:27am On Aug 27, 2022
1b8m:
Samson Gbadebo my friend. We attended rivers state university of science & technology together. We lived in the same room and ate from the same pot. This life funny Sha, just follow your dream
Ok.
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 9:02am On Aug 27, 2022
1b8m:
surely your is very near to make it big time bro just believe in your creator

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 9:06am On Aug 27, 2022
Shaev7:
Morning prayer
Thank you, Lord, for revealing yourself to me through the wonder and beauty of your creation. Thank you for your grace and blessing in my life. Thank you for your presence in the situation l am praying for. Come show yourself to me, and fill my heart with your power. Lord, I want to respond to your grace and follow your lead. Hold me fast as I pursue a fuller measure of your life in me. Help me to see my life of faith as a relationship, so that I can accept and act on all the grace you have for me. Help me to keep my eyes on you and your holy will. Free me from selfish and momentary goals in life so that I can seek to serve you only in the way that produces joy to your heart. Fill me with your life as I spend time with you today, and let this life spill out for others to see. Holy Spirit, help me to recognize the fruit of my thoughts and plans. Purify my heart so that I can live a life pleasing to you. Show me the ways that you are working in my life and the path that you have planned for me. Open my mind today, so that I can understand and discern your will. Amen.
Good morning
Have a lovely weekend.
ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by 1b8m: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2022
MIGHTYMAN82:
surely your is very near to make it big time bro just believe in your creator
mine has already come. I'm just happy for him, things got so tough he had to drop out of school
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by virginchaser(m): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
1b8m:
mine has already come. I'm just happy for him, things got so tough he had to drop out of school

Who asked you details? Must you reveal every dark side of his life? Sho sho like Amaka.
Re: Nigeria's Super Eagles B Arrive Ghana For The Final Round Of The CHAN Qualifiers by naijapikin2(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2022
Just watch as the home based do what the foreign based could not do

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs New Zealand: FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Fri. 14th Oct.2022 / Soccer Sure Bet Prediction Bbm Channel C001c7ccb / Week 33 Pool Fixtures 2020 - Classified Pool Fixtures And Results - UK 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.