Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso (664 Views)

Obi Failed To Specify How He Scored Majority Of Votes – Tribunal / Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court / Kwankwaso Meets With Peter Obi And Atiku In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by nairavsdollars(f): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
A former Governor of Kano State and Presidential Candidate of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP), Rabiu Kwankwaso has explained why his alliance with Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party collapsed.

Kwankwaso, who spoke in an exclusive interview with NEWS CENTRAL TV which was monitored by Daily Independent said he turned down the request to serve as running mate to Obi because the mood of the North does not support a Southern presidency.

According to him, most northerners wanted power to remain in the North even after President Muhammadu Buhari must have completed his eight years in office

When told that many young Nigerians were unhappy with him that the planned alliance with Obi failed, Kwankwaso said  “Yes, I did everything possible for that alliance to work for many obvious reasons. In Kwankwassiya, we are not in a hurry".

"In 2007, I could have tried to contest to become president because I was better qualified than almost everybody that contested at that particular time. I was a civil servant for 17 years; I was deputy speaker for the House of Reps; I was at the time the elected delegate for the Constitutional Conference of 2004-2005”.

“I was governor of Kano for four years; I was Minister of Defence and to become president, is to become the president and Commander-in-Chief. This aspect of Commander-in-Chief is very important even in the military, to establish relationships with them and know them”.

“We have already done that at that time. We were very close to each other and respect ourselves. But I was not in a hurry and I said I wanted to go back to Kano while many of my colleagues that were governors between 1999 and 2007 were all contesting to become president, I said I wanted to go back to Kano to finish that one term”.

“After doing all that, the next thing was to contest for presidency and that was what I did in 2015 because I was in the game and of course, in any  business you want to progress. Our people who know our value and capacity were putting all sorts of pressure that we should go and take it”.

“The issue at that particular time was that in Northern Nigeria, there is what we call ‘mood’ at any election cycle.  In fact, if you look at it in 1992/1993 when MKO Abiola contested to be president of this country, the mood at that time was for us to support the South and that was exactly what we did”. 
“Coincidentally, I came from Kano and Bashir Tofa, the NRC presidential candidate also came from Kano and we are from the same polling booth and he was defeated there and in the ward, local government, state and Northern Nigeria”.

“In 1999, I was governor-elect when Obasanjo, Ekwueme and others contested. Abubakar Rimi was there and he wanted to become president. We all believed that he was qualified but the mood was for the presidency to go to the South. We went to the Jos convention and we voted 100 percent for Obasanjo. The same thing in 2003”.

“At the moment, the mood in the North today is that the presidency should be in the North. That is why I couldn’t accept to be his running mate”.

https://independent.ng/2023-why-my-planned-alliance-with-peter-obi-failed-kwankwaso/

Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by Xscape1993(m): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2022
Only 2023 can tell...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by Campanella: 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
You are inconsequential. Obi will win without you.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by BigSarah(f): 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
The mood in the North is always for power to remain in the North.

AS long as Nigeria is, a southern president is a stooge

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by kingsways: 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
That is a big mistake. That was your opportunity to become vice president and eventually president.

Now you are just wasting your time

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by anitaonoru2: 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
2023!!
Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by blazingblender(m): 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Have they not left you behind??

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by kokoA(m): 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
Abeg shift!
Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by Madmohamed1: 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
Who are the Northerner's this man is talking about
Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by Godjone(m): 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
After eight disastrous Buhari regime, the mood is still telling you that is the north. Hopeless scaly wag

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by ursullalinda(f): 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
I'm sure he didn't know Obi will become this popular in such a short time.....He has a Kano movement and he is already feeling like the Messiah ......If only we understand that all power belongs to God.....Now Obi is a National movement.....get used to it

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by Akacollins7: 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2022
It's just that your not destiny to be in Aso
Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by ezegold4we: 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2022
I thought kwankwaso was an intelligent politician but This alliance issue has really really exposed his low level of political insensitive and poor thinking,

Those fuuullls Like Deji claiming that kwankwaso is an experienced politician,pls Make una come and Carry una baby adult politician, This kwankwaso is nothing but a disappointed, no wonder ganduje raped Him twice and will still defeat him and his over-rated kwankwasiya red Cap
Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by Racoon(m): 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2022
Which northerners? After the disastrous regime of Buhari? Same ACF/AYF that are clamouring for a competent leadership now. Kwankwaso must have over-rate himself.
Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2022
I do not have the doubt that this is the same reason the northern governors preferred sick Tinubu to energetic Osibanjo.

We all saw how Tinubu is a placeholder for Shettima at the just concluded NBA conference.

But how long shall we continue to slaughter out collective progress on the altar of tribalism and nepotism. Sane Nigerians are tired of this power play. We need progress. Even the north is suffering just like every other Nigerians.

Obidatti our only hope.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by Blackfire(m): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
North 2023

No vacancy for any southy
Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by nairavsdollars(f): 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
We shall see
Blackfire:
North 2023

No vacancy for any southy
Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by Righthussle: 2:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
Getat abeg.
Re: 2023: Why My Planned Alliance With Peter Obi Failed – Kwankwaso by SaiOba: 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
Werey, so you still get fuel to dey brag? grin

(1) (Reply)

Another 5000 APC Members Join PDP In Kwara State / 2023 Presidency: It Is Not Your Turn – Peter Obi Slams Tinubu / Pictures From Owerri - Sit At Home - 13th SEPT 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.