Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,772 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics (1031 Views)

The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg / See Yam I Bought For 1500 Naira. Did I Do Good Or Did They Shave My Head / How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2022
Pics 1
Ingredients.

Pics 2
Packed the peeled and cut yam cube into a pot. Added water, Titus fish, little salt and seasoning cubes.
Covered to cook till it was done.

Pics 3
After it was done and really soft, I added the fresh pepper, onions, palm oil and sprinkled some UTAZI leaves in it. Then add the ugu lastly. stired and covered to let the freshly added ingredients to simmer and incorporate well into the yam.
Brought down and served.

Yum!
Lalasticlala, bon-apetit.

For those who would want me to drop total cost of this pot of delicious yam porridge. Here you go.

Yam. 600
UTAZI. #50. (I didn't use everything. )
Ugu. #50. (✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓)
Palm oil. N100
Smoked Titus N 400
Knor cube N50
Fresh pepper. N 100. Didn't use all.

This came to a total of N1,350.

2 Likes

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2022
The yam I got at N600.

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by doggedfighter(f): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2022
A beautifully prepared yam pottage.

The only way I enjoy new yam is to make it heavily garnished with ingredients.

The yam itself isn't as tasty as old yam yet.

Or eat it with egg sauce.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Princessogaraya(f): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
Yam is not costly

Thank God ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Cypress042(m): 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
It looks like a water yam tho.

It's been months i ate yam sha, maybe i'll buy today and try your pattern.

All the same, it looks tempting smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
Princessogaraya:
Yam is not costly

Thank God ooo

My dear , I was shocked I could still get yam for that amount. Meanwhile, the aboki I priced with before buying this was busy calling 2k for one tuber of yam.

Na so I waka jeje go meet market women.
Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Princessogaraya(f): 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2022
Channah1:

My dear , I was shocked I could still get yam for that amount. Meanwhile, the aboki I priced with before buying this was busy call 2k for one tuber of yam.

Na so I waka jeje go meet market women.
Good
Aboki wan use shine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
Cypress042:
It looks like a water yam.

It's been months i ate yam sha, maybe i'll buy today and try your pattern.

All the same, it looks tempting smiley

It's not water yam.
Please do. The taste no be hear o.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
Princessogaraya:

Good
Aboki wan use shine

Hahahahaha grin.

1 Like

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
I really love your style of cooking, it brings some kind of memory.lol
Good job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
I really love your style of cooking, it brings some kind of memories.lol
Good job.

Thanks dear. smiley.
Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by NotBeenPaid: 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2022

Where you dey see dis money?

1 Like

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by VeryWickedMan: 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2022
Channah1:
The yam I got at N600.

Any yam wey cheap like dis na human being wey aboki use ring touch

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Any yam wey cheap like dis na human being wey aboki use ring touch

Lol .. you're not serious o. Not my own yam abeg grin.

How far, that your basket trap wey you set for that girl don catch am? Hahahahaha...
Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Aug 27, 2022
Channah1:
The yam I got at N600.
How many servings dey wetin you cook here abeg? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How many servings dey wetin you cook here abeg? undecided

I didn't cook all the yam. From this pot, I got three servings.
Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
Channah1:
I didn't cook all the yam. From this pot, I got three servings.
Thanks for the response! undecided
Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Thanks for the response! undecided

You're welcome.
Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
author=doggedfighter post=116109873]A
beautifully prepared yam pottage.
Thanks Maam.

The only way I enjoy new yam is to make it heavily garnished with ingredients.
Exactly.

The yam itself isn't as tasty as old yam yet.
This particular one is tasty but doesn't stay around long. It usually the first specie to come out at harvest and stops coming out after a month or thereabout. It's called efuru.

1 Like

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by ideaz: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
Very nice and inviting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Yam I Got @ N600 & How I Made Porridge With Utazi & Ugu Veggies. Pics by Channah1(f): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
ideaz:
Very nice and inviting.

Thanks dear

(1) (Reply)

Any Good Angolan Restaurants In Abuja? / White Soup? / Choose This As Your Favorite Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.