Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central (11216 Views)

Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central District / ‘They Will Labour To Death’ — Tinubu Hits PDP, LP At APC Mega Rally In Osun / Mass Defections To APC Hits Sokoto As Pictures Of Tambuwal Are Being Torn Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by ryloy: 12:44am On Aug 28, 2022

The prospects of a great performance by the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Cross River State in next year’s governorship election rose on Friday evening following the defection of over a thousand Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members to the APC in Yakurr Local Government Area (LGA) of the central senatorial district.

A serving member of the state assembly, representing Yakurr 1 State Constituency, Nelson Ofem, said they joined the APC because its candidate is dynamic, humble, more acceptable to his people and more popular than his rivals.

The defection was one of the highlights of the event in Yukurr when the APC governorship candidate Bassey Otu visited the area as part of his consultation and ‘thank you’ tour to party who backed him financially and others in the party primaries.

Ofem is one of the six members in the 24-member legislature that remained inthe PDP when 18 others followed the governor to decamp to the APC.

Ofem said “Anybody that has a good conscience must support Sen Prince Bassey Otu. We have discovered that APC has a candidate that is dynamic and humble, that’s why we decided to switch”.

He led thousands of defectors who shared his view, not minding that the PDP candidate is from the same central senatorial district.

Receiving the defectors in Ugep, the State APC Chairman, Alphonsus Ogar, assured them of fairness and equity in their new party, adding that the APC remained an indivisible and united party in the state.

Meanwhile, Otu has completed his tour in the district with traditional council institutions and party stalwarts in all the district’s six local government areas.

Addressing a crowd of supporters across, he stressed that he didn’t come for campaign rather he decided to embark on the tour to say thank you to the delegates and to hear directly from the people their plight, so as to include it in his administration’s blueprint.

He pledged direct governance to the people, saying he seeks to liberate them from poverty by bringing governance to the doorstep of every resident of the state and promised to make Cross River State compete with other state, noting that he has the formula to take the state out of the situation she found herself.

Many prominent indigenes of the district, including a former Senate Leader Victor Ndoma Egba, Amb Soni Abang, Hon Alex Egbona, Prof Anthony Owan Enoh, Hon Mike Etaba, Chief Okoi Obono Obla, among others pledged to work toward for Otu’s emergence as governor.

In Otu’s entourage were his wife, Rev. Eyoanwan Otu, the Deputy Governorship candidate, Peter Odey, the leadership of the APC in the state led by Ogar, APC State Chairman, Deputy State Chairman, Eka William and members of the state working committee, Director General of his campaign organisation H.E. Amb. Soni Abang, Chief Peter Ojie, Hon. Julius Okpotu, High Chief Edem Duke, Sen. Victor Ndoma Egba, Ntufam Fidelis Ugbo, Bishop Alex Ukam, amongst other critical stakeholders.
https://thenationonlineng.net/mass-defection-to-apc-hits-pdp-in-cross-river-central/

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by DadaHammed: 1:27am On Aug 28, 2022
Source: Tinubu's toiletnewspaper. grin

341 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 28, 2022
No Zombidient for them? I thought SS was locked down for Newspaper-Stand-Analyst IP.OBI

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by derecho(m): 3:15am On Aug 28, 2022
Kikikiki... Sometimes I wonder who these "200000 APC members decamp to PDP" and vice versa hope to deceive

Waiting for 300million PDP members decamp to APC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Abdu81: 3:30am On Aug 28, 2022
apache22b:
The good for nothing Obidient's urchins are all over the media masturbating on their failed Port-Harcourt Rally . Next year election results will be a great shocker to them.

According to reports reaching us here the Agbadorian FC , the useless crowd at the Port-Harcourt Rally were all rented and sponsored by Nollywood industry with their ill gotten wealth, but we will not relent in our struggle by voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the right man for the job with no scandal whatsoever, only a pocket of propaganda by the Obidient's urchins to tarnish Tinubu's image.

I and my fellow youths will continue to work tirelessly to bring back sanity to our dear country.

Tinubu is our only hope for a better Nigeria, believe it or not.

Peter Obi is a thief, a liar and a traitor. We cannot continue to live in deceit . Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins has lied for us for too long and we are tired of hearing more lies from them .

The Obidient's urchins are the worst sets of people in human race .

Say no to Peter Obi and his good for nothing Obidient's urchins and say yes to Bola Ahmed Tinubu, that's the only way we can move forward again in this Country shocked

Please this madman escaped from a rehabilitation center in Ogbomosho last night.

Please everyone be careful.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Praxis758: 4:32am On Aug 28, 2022
The fact that Ayade decamped to APC in Cross Rivers doesn’t make the state an APC stronghold.

PDP is like a religion in States like Akwa-Ibom, Enugu and Cross Rivers.

Even Ayade will lule in his senatorial bid.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by aylive02(m): 4:49am On Aug 28, 2022
Parties of miscreants swapping members
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by donaldking100: 5:43am On Aug 28, 2022
apache22b:
The good for nothing Obidient's urchins are all over the media masturbating on their failed Port-Harcourt Rally . Next year election results will be a great shocker to them.

According to reports reaching us here the Agbadorian FC , the useless crowd at the Port-Harcourt Rally were all rented and sponsored by Nollywood industry with their ill gotten wealth, but we will not relent in our struggle by voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the right man for the job with no scandal whatsoever, only a pocket of propaganda by the Obidient's urchins to tarnish Tinubu's image.

I and my fellow youths will continue to work tirelessly to bring back sanity to our dear country.

Peter Obi is a thief, a liar and a traitor. We cannot continue to live in deceit . Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins has lied for us for too long and we are tired of hearing more lies from them .

Say no to Peter Obi and his good for nothing Obidient's urchins and say yes to Bola Ahmed Tinubu, that's the only way we can move forward again in this Country shocked

Why are you people so bothered about Obi and his votes?
No be ment be dat?
Concentrate on whichever ancestor you are supporting na.
Obi no get structure, Obi is irrelevant but una still de get sleepless nights over this same man.
I don't think any other presidential canditate has been attacked the way they have been attacking Obi.
All these propaganda will not help y'all at this time.
The ancestors you are supporting had all the time and resources to do right by Nigerians but they did not.
Now the youth are woke and ready to take back this country.
Obi 's presidential ambition s a movement, & Nobody can stop a moving train.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Pwettylinda(f): 5:44am On Aug 28, 2022
Ayade induced grin

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Ijaycool(f): 5:44am On Aug 28, 2022
Nigeria is actually a one party system. You simply follow the power.
Emilokan

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Smith414: 5:45am On Aug 28, 2022
ryloy:

https://thenationonlineng.net/mass-defection-to-apc-hits-pdp-in-cross-river-central/
Na failed counterattack be this after PH update from “we know who” grin grin. E shock them con pain them sha
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Shaev7(m): 5:45am On Aug 28, 2022
Morning prayer
How great you are, my Mighty Saviour and Lord. You hold all things together, including me. You have always done what is best for me. Glory to you for the mysteries of your plan. Thank you for walking with me, and for inviting me to experience your power and mercy and be filled with your glory. Lord, help me to seek you and your kingdom above all else. Help me to shed the unhealthy concerns of worldly notoriety and popularity, concerning myself only with what you think. Help me to turn away from unimportant conflicts in life, even to the point of embracing injustice in a sacrificial way. May I never claim my rights over the joy of embracing deep humility. May I never let societal pressures or pride interfere with my turning to you. Give me the grace to respond joyfully to whatever you ask of me today. Holy Spirit, when I perceive your presence in my life, give me the courage I need to respond. May pleasing you and serving your most holy will be my one and only desire in life. May you give me the grace to say yes to your promptings today. Amen.
Good morning
Happy Sunday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by DMerciful(m): 5:45am On Aug 28, 2022
Last kick of a dying horse. APC is dying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:47am On Aug 28, 2022
Who takes TheNation newspaper serious?

Tinubu owned company

323 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by broadman20: 5:48am On Aug 28, 2022
Audio defection and targeting the drug baron bullion van.

No be Calabar we dey?

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Smith414: 5:49am On Aug 28, 2022
apache22b:

Record everything you just wrote down on a VN and listen to yourself , and tell me if you don’t sound stewpid listening to rubbish you posted angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Ancestortinubu: 5:49am On Aug 28, 2022
You have proved that your wretched parents trained you with contaminated agbadu cassava starch ogii which damaged your brain to remain useless as bat for life..

quote author=apache22b post=116126019]The good for nothing Obidient's urchins are all over the media masturbating on their failed Port-Harcourt Rally . Next year election results will be a great shocker to them.

[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by jkpbestseries: 5:52am On Aug 28, 2022
i dont understand this kind of defection
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Agbadocassava: 5:53am On Aug 28, 2022
Las las everybody go BATified

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by adioolayi(m): 5:55am On Aug 28, 2022
Everyone running to a party where they feel their interest can be protected.
PDP to APC, APCP to LP, LP to PDP, Accord to APC, SDP to APC ...all na same of same...same reasons...where their selfish interests can be protected!

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Boogyman557: 5:56am On Aug 28, 2022

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by mycar: 6:03am On Aug 28, 2022
From PDP to APC and they are calling Obidience?
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 28, 2022
apache22b:

Damn.... those rallys really got to you, it even got you calling yourself Agbadorian.. grin..

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Abujason: 6:03am On Aug 28, 2022
apache22b:

God forbid BAT thing!

Whatever it is you are smoking is making you stupid, senseless and incoherent. From where I am, I can smell it and it is worse than Sapele weed and Ajegule gutter combined.

I know how painful it is that the lying, thieving, demented, crooked Tinubu will never achieve that his Emi Lokan in his lifetime. When he dined with the devils of the North to give us useless Buhari that has set Nigeria back more than 100 years in less than 8 years he can’t expect Nigerians to forgive and reward him.

For now keep wailing while Obi is sailing!
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by chrisxxx(m): 6:06am On Aug 28, 2022
Atinuobi
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by obembet(f): 6:10am On Aug 28, 2022
The criminal in APC PDP will join labor party... Well I don't expect Nigeria to be good soon cos we are not ready for betterment of this country.

mycar:
From PDP to APC and they are calling Obidience?

We like to celebrate failure in this country that why am not interested in any candidate.

We once tag APC PDP as evil party, but once those Evil people decamp to another party, we celebrate them. Funny enough non of those candidate as address our problem cos they are all party of it

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Abujason: 6:11am On Aug 28, 2022
jerseyboy:
No Zombidient for them? I thought SS was locked down for Newspaper-Stand-Analyst IP.OBI

Consider the source of the news you are getting all worked up about. The Nation toilet Newspaper belongs to Tinubu and can only write what will help them keep their jobs. But Cross River has never voted APC and certainly will not this time with what Tinubu, Buhari and APC has caused Nigeria. He will be lucky to get 5% anywhere in the South except few SW states. there in SW with his Bokoharam founder VP, ShitTima.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by mosixb: 6:13am On Aug 28, 2022
apache22b:

I’m sure if your parent ever imagined that your foolishness will get to this level they would have opted for an urgent abortion.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Abujason: 6:19am On Aug 28, 2022
donaldking100:

Why are you people so bothered about Obi and his votes?
No be ment be dat?
Concentrate on whichever ancestor you are supporting na.
Obi no get structure, Obi is irrelevant but una still de get sleepless nights over this same man.
I don't think any other presidential canditate has been attacked the way they have been attacking Obi.
All these propaganda will not help y'all at this time.
The ancestors you are supporting had all the time and resources to do right by Nigerians but they did not.
Now the youth are woke and ready to take back this country.
Obi 's presidential ambition s a movement, & Nobody can stop a moving train.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

Abeg, take these to start Sunday.
You be man and ya mama born you well.

May God bless you for being such a true patriot.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari At 80: He Has Served Honestly And Selflessly- Osinbajo / What You Don't Know About The Legendary ALABUKUN POWDER And Its Maker / My Government Already Fulfilled Six-point Agenda – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.