Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Beginners / Learners In Stocks. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beginners / Learners In Stocks. (1080 Views)

Investing In Stocks In Nigeria Do"s And Dont"s / I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks / How Do I Monitor My Investments In Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beginners / Learners In Stocks. by BabyGaddy(f): 6:52am On Aug 17, 2007
Dear All,

I wanted to start this thread as some of us are beginners / learners.

Could all the gurus of nairaland stocks market help us out?

Easimoni, Temmiee10 just to mention a few help!

I would like to ask questions (please apologies if it sounds a bit daft or naive but the subject line says it all.

How does one begin to learn about stocks / bonds / investments of this nature?
What books can be recommended?
Any structured learning that can be joined ie is there a school / uni / courses etc?
what certification does one require to be a stock broker?
What do the accrmoyns mean (sorry o, i have come across a few) (po etc)

Basically, i would like a learner to come here and ask questions and also learn.

Also a learner would get all the basic information they require to either do-it-urself study or go the structured way.

Please learners - if a book is recommended - try reading it before asking questions, dont ask that the book be read on ur behalf (kinda thing)

Thanks alot in advance
Re: Beginners / Learners In Stocks. by Ninjabyte(m): 7:42am On Aug 17, 2007
Learner Alert!

With u all da way sista
Re: Beginners / Learners In Stocks. by st1(m): 10:33am On Aug 17, 2007
Tammie 10, easimoni, wanajo,

Pls Ihave about 200k to invests in the secondary market, what stock will you advise I buy?
Re: Beginners / Learners In Stocks. by danalyst(m): 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2007
i really love your post as it shows desire to learn and benefit from stocks. the are so many books to read on stock and corporate finance. but i fear you may not understand them except you have a finance background. however, you may visit www.fools.com or www.babypips.com. you can learn stock from there.

also, as regards the course, you may choose to register for CIS- Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers or ICAN- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. for foreign exams, ACCA, CFA are advisable depending on your purse and your ultimate goal in life.

further, on the acronynms, IPO- Initial public Offer (meant for coys coming to the stcok market to raise fund from the public for the 1st time, while subsequent offers are known as PO- public offer).

[quote][/quote]
Re: Beginners / Learners In Stocks. by BabyGaddy(f): 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2007
danalyst:

i really love your post as it shows desire to learn and benefit from stocks. the are so many books to read on stock and corporate finance. but i fear you may not understand them except you have a finance background. however, you may visit www.fools.com or www.babypips.com. you can learn stock from there.

also, as regards the course, you may choose to register for CIS- Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers or ICAN- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. for foreign exams, ACCA, CFA are advisable depending on your purse and your ultimate goal in life.

further, on the acronynms, IPO- Initial public Offer (meant for coys coming to the stcok market to raise fund from the public for the 1st time, while subsequent offers are known as PO- public offer).

danalyst

thanks for the above.

Thanks 4 d sites, i shall be visitin it asap. I do not have a finance background, at the moment i am working but still have a few days to spare to gain extra knowledge. that y i enquired abt d courses.

Thanks all the same. much appreciated
Re: Beginners / Learners In Stocks. by DisGuy: 2:35am On Aug 20, 2007
here are some pointers are picked from the 'gurus' that are available if you can go through the numerous

http://www.investopedia.com/university/stocks/

Books
The Warrent Buffet Way

Investing in Stock & shares

(1) (Reply)

Attrition: How Do U Handle It? / Radioactive Waste Disposal Company In Port Harcourt / )))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.