Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally (1315 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Disrupt Labour Party's Meeting In Enugu State. / PDP Agents Caught With Cash And Bag Of Rice In Osun Governorship Election / Ekiti Ballot Snatching: What Fayose Told PDP Agents To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by akelicious(m): 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
By Dons Eze

A solidarity rally for the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, and his running mate, Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, in Enugu, on Saturday, was disrupted by the infiltration of some agents of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the State, who were allegedly sponsored by a former Governorship Candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, Capt. Everastus Nnaji, popularly known as Odengene.

Everest Nnaji had, in consort with some stakeholders of the ruling PDP in the state, deceptively convened a conference tagged “Charity Begins At Home,” using the platform of the Obedient Group and the Labour Party.

The rally which started with a road walk, attracted both the young and old, who were dressed in various T-shirts and caps, with a bold inscription: “Obi-dients”, commenced peacefully at the Michael Okpara Square, to the Kobb Event Centre, Polo Park, where leaders of the party addressed the supporters.

The hall was however decorated with Labour Party logo and inscription “Charity Begins At Home”, powered by “OPM”, Odegene’s political pressure group. Close observation also showed that there was a handful of known PDP members already seated in the hall, with the women wearing yellow browsers.

The event took off peacefully with excitement and enthusiasm, and people were hailing Peter Obi and Datti as men who are coming to change the narrative in Nigeria.

The event began to turn sour when it was observed that the brochure for the “Charity Begins at home” had the picture of Evaristus Nnaji (Odengene), as Labour Party Gubernatorial candidate for Enugu State. The bubble got burst when the Master of Ceremonies introduced Odengene as “the next Governor of Enugu State”.

Instantly, supporters of Chijioke Edeoga, Labour Party Gubernatorial Candidate, rose in unison and started chanting in solidarity: “Edeoga K’anyi ga eso, Ma ona Eje-eje Ma Ona Ana-ana, Edeoga K’anyi ga eso.”

They asserted that Chijioke Edeoga is the only Gubernatorial Candidate of the Labour Party in Enugu State, and that any other person is an impostor. For over forty minutes, activities at the Event Centre were grounded as Edeoga’s supporters refused to beat a retreat, insisting that nothing would take place until the anomaly was redressed.

It took the intervention of security officials and other party leaders to placate the supporters, who moved in their numbers, out of the hall to continue their protest.

When normalcy returned, leaders of the party explained that the event was organized to shore support for Obi and Datti, and not for endorsement of any governorship candidate.

They urged people of the South East to support Peter Obi, because he is the best Presidential Candidate that can fix the country, stressing that Nigeria’s healing was about to become permanent, and that the thrust of that healing is Peter Obi.

“Today peace has eluded the North because one man wanted to rule at all cost in 2015 . They could not manage the bandits they imported, but in Peter Obi, we are sure the country is secured.”

1 Share

Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by Honjoshy4u: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
South East should learn how to play politics. Their matter get as e de always be.

3 Likes

Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by duro4chang(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2022
Intolerants meet intolerants

1 Like

Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by badbwoy77: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2022
angry grin grin
Honjoshy4u:
South East should learn how to play politics. Their matter get as e de always be.
politics that you have been playing for years and nothing good has be achieved except pestilence abeg Fem !!!! angry

6 Likes

Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by omenka(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
No one is misled by these noise from LP. LP is nothing but PDP-Lite.

1 Like

Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by johnmartus(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
I will deactivate my account if peter obi come second in this election .

1 Like

Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by BaddestQueen(f): 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
omenka:
you're just confused
Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by XerXers: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
You people should stop talking this nonsense.
Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by SaiOba: 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
Everybody is now clitching on to Labour Party.. We hope you guys will NOT decamp to another Party after you have won.
Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by Honjoshy4u: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
XerXers:

You people should stop talking this nonsense.

Which nonsense?? Ekpa is shouting Sit at home, some are shouting BIAFRA, some are shouting OBidient. None of their governors senators and representatives have openly had strategic meeting with Obi for assurance.
I am only advising Oga.
Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by Honjoshy4u: 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
badbwoy77:
angry grin ;Dpolitics that you have been playing for years and nothing good has be achieved except pestilence abeg Fem !!!! angry

Unity is key. Na advice I give, I no kill person.
Ekpa is shouting Sit at home, some are shouting BIAFRA, some are shouting OBidient. None of their governors senators and representatives have openly had strategic meeting with Obi for assurance.
I am only advising Oga.
Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by jesmond3945: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

Which nonsense?? Ekpa is shouting Sit at home, some are shouting BIAFRA, some are shouting OBidient. None of their governors senators and representatives have openly had strategic meeting with Obi for assurance.
I am only advising Oga.
My brother naira is now 830. Your country is sinking. At least have something to tell your kids. The political game we are playing is to enrich the political class who dont care about you.
The only thing i like obi is that he is reachable. If i want to see tinubu now is not possible, if i want to see atiku is not possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by Honjoshy4u: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2022
jesmond3945:

My brother naira is now 830. Your country is sinking. At least have something to tell your kids. The political game we are playing is to enrich the political class who dont care about you.
The only thing i like obi is that he is reachable. If i want to see tinubu now is not possible, if i want to see atiku is not possible.

I love Obi more than you do. I supported PDP in 2019 because of Obi when most of his supporters were shouting Nnamdi Kanu and Biafra. All I am saying is, the elites from South East must do more bonding. Na advice I give.
Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by jesmond3945: 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

I love Obi more than you do. I supported PDP in 2019 because of Obi when most of his supporters were shouting Nnamdi Kanu and Biafra. All I am saying is, the elites from South East must do more bonding. Na advice I give.
My brother what obi needs is to reach out tp the north and sell himself. The political elite in the east dont care about you but themselves and their interest. Obi dont need them. If Obi loosed it is the loss of Nigerians. Afterall we who support him have nothing to loose.

1 Like

Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by DadaHammed: 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

Forget about always jumping on 'Ibos are not united' propaganda and face salient issues that will directly affect your unborn kids in this country. We already know where you are going, it is stale.

LP had the same issue in Lagoa with 2 people claiming the LP guber ticket there. We no see you and your preaching. Stop clutching straws, time dey go.
Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by Tunjibalogun: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
omenka:
Can you write it without crying grin grin cheesy
Re: Desperate Pdp Agents Disrupt Labour Party Solidarity Rally by Honjoshy4u: 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
DadaHammed:

Forget about always jumping on 'Ibos are not united' propaganda and face salient issues that will directly affect your unborn kids in this country. We already know where you are going, it is stale.

LP had the same issue in Lagoa with 2 people claiming the LP guber ticket there. We no see you and your preaching. Stop clutching straws, time dey go.

Why are you so pained?? I am living a good life so do my kids. I don't depend on what Nigeria leaders is doing for my survival. I just want the country to be the giant of Africa and her wonderful citizens blessed. I gave my advice, directing it to the Eastern elites. No matter what you think, the elites should just work for their son; if not all, most.
Take a chill drink, e go help you relax.

(1) (Reply)

Banks Went Up In Flames!!! / Winners And Losers Of Nigeria's Presidential Election / Tinubu Lied About His Dual Citizenship, This Is Perjury - David Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.