Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Reason Behind The Creation Of People's Club Of Nigeria In 1971 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Reason Behind The Creation Of People's Club Of Nigeria In 1971 (1575 Views)

ACE Club Of Ikirun Appoints New Executive And How To Join / Petition For The Creation Of Yoruba Central State [20 June 1967] / The Story Of The Kegites Club Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Behind The Creation Of People's Club Of Nigeria In 1971 by AkuOlisa: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
Chief Titus Ike Ume-Ezeoke, Onyima of Amichi was the founder of Peoples Club of Nigeria. the younger brother of Sir Georfry Ume-Ezeoke former Accountant General of Old Anambra State also the elder brother to Chief Edwin Ume-Ezeoke former Speaker of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under Shagari in 1979
They were direct sons of HRH Igwe Peter Umeorimili Ezeoke of Amichi the Paramount Obi of Amichi.

After the civil war, his business and that of his friends went down. one of the days he was lounging with Chief Umeohamadike Obieze, Azukaenyi of Unubi and his friends in Aba in 1971, the thought to form the Club came as a way to socialize and help themselves heal from the wounds of the civil war, coupled with the pain of receiving only 20 pounds from the Federal Government as a palliatives to build back their multi thousands and million businesses. Peoples Club was founded when it mattered most, at a time when Ndigbo lost faith, when they felt abandoned, raped, maimed and ravaged by the civil war, when they had no iota of hope, when the experience and remembrance of war nearly extinguished a race and people, it was birthed.
it wasn't founded only to socialize, but also to help heal the wounds of the challenging times of the post war era.

Okaa Society of Nigeria existed before the Peoples Club, but it was extinguished during the Biafran War, some of their members died during the war. Okaa Society of Nigeria was mostly young well to do Igbo traders who found common purpose to meddle together and built a fraternity. it died during the war and hope were lost. it's important to note that Peoples Club built the generation of wealthy Igbo Men and beyond who transformed to what we see today. Chief Titus Ike Ume-Ezeoke retired as the founder and Patron in March 1983. he was the first National President of Peoples Club of Nigeria, he handed over to Dr Chukwuma Obioha, Akajiugo of Arondizuogu as the second National President.

Credits= Igbo History

Cc Bigfrancis21
Odumchi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Behind The Creation Of People's Club Of Nigeria In 1971 by StanleyMentor1: 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
When i ever i listen to Oliver De Coque People's Club, i envisage myself in those era, as he mention bigwig and calibers of men during their reign.
IGBO AMAKA
Re: Reason Behind The Creation Of People's Club Of Nigeria In 1971 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
StanleyMentor1:
When i ever i listen to Oliver De Coque People's Club, i envisage myself in those era, as he mention bigwig and calibers of men during their reign.
IGBO AMAKA

It is said that they were occultists also
Re: Reason Behind The Creation Of People's Club Of Nigeria In 1971 by holywind(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2022
I want to join this club, do anyone have any information how I can make it possible/easy

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Audio Story (with English Subtitles) / Come And Save The Binis From Extermination From The Holy Catholic Church / Nigerians Come In Here And Receive My Condolences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.