Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Are There Conducts A Believer Must Stay Away From, Though Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Conducts A Believer Must Stay Away From, Though Right? (190 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman's Daughter, Divine, Conducts Deliverance In Church / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are There Conducts A Believer Must Stay Away From, Though Right? by Prevail123: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
LearnChrist Bible Study Meeting, Thursday 25th August, 2022//Pst Prevail Inegbenose.

Topic: Are there conducts a believer must stay away from, though they are right?

The answer is YES!
We at LearnChrist took a look at first Corinthians chapter eight where Apostle Paul talks about eating food offered to idols.

He said we know there is only one true God, suffice it is not wrong for a believer to eat such food having this knowledge.

However, in verse nine, he cautioned, "But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak."

So, drawing inference from this scripture one can say there are conducts that are right for a believer, but for the sake of they that are weak he/she must stay away from them.

Paul, the erudite Apostle went further to say, "For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols."

Is is wrong to eat idol's food? Is is wrong to seat at prostitute/beer joint talking malt? Is wrong to play/listen to worldly music? Is it wrong to dress as a modern man/woman? The answer maybe NO, but for the sake of others that are weak in conscience we are to avoid such, except for a godly motive, 1Cor 9:19-22.

We at LearnChrist therefore concluded that if going to certain places, doing certain things, dressing in certain manner etc could make the weak believer to offend, then we are to stay away from it.

"I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother offend ", 1Cor 8:13.

God bless your soul!
Re: Are There Conducts A Believer Must Stay Away From, Though Right? by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2022
Prevail123:
1.... Apostle Paul talks about eating food offered to idols. He said we know there is only one true God, suffice it is not wrong for a believer to eat such food having this knowledge. However, in verse nine, he cautioned, "But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that are weak."So, drawing inference from this scripture one can say there are conducts that are right for a believer, but for the sake of they that are weak he/she must stay away from them. Paul, the erudite Apostle went further to say, "For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols." Is is wrong to eat idol's food? Is is wrong to seat at prostitute/beer joint talking malt? Is wrong to play/listen to worldly music? Is it wrong to dress as a modern man/woman? The answer maybe NO, but for the sake of others that are weak in conscience we are to avoid such, except for a godly motive, 1Cor 9:19-22.

2. We at LearnChrist therefore concluded that if going to certain places, doing certain things, dressing in certain manner etc could make the weak believer to offend, then we are to stay away from it. "I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother offend ", 1Cor 8:13.
1. What valid reason is there for you to avoid using the freedom you have in Jesus Christ "for the sake of others"? undecided

2. So, are you suggesting that to this weak believer, you are some sort of god that he/she would follow you instead of obeying God instead in all things? undecided
Re: Are There Conducts A Believer Must Stay Away From, Though Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2022
Prevail123:

Topic: Are there conducts a believer must stay away from, though they are right?

The answer is YES!
We at LearnChrist took a look at first Corinthians chapter eight where Apostle Paul talks about eating food offered to idols...

This is rubbish!

Do people normally eat food offered to idols? Maybe except mad people.

I thought you might have said eg refraining from having sex with thy spouse (of course this is for Lovers of God, therefore it is known that sex with any other person outside marriage is an abomination) on the Sabbath day which is Friday evening till Saturday morning based on The Law of "and the evening and the morning" )

(1) (Reply)

Evangoyinlola / Maureen To Pay 100.000 Pound Steeling To Pst Olukoya Of MFM / Science And God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.