Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

My Bitter Experience With V.I.O Officers In Collaboration With Nigeria Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Bitter Experience With V.I.O Officers In Collaboration With Nigeria Police (427 Views)

My Bitter Experience At The Police Station / Jenifer Joshua Anga: Update On 17-Year-Old Girl Who Went From V.I. To Bauchi / Mildred Joshua Ebuka Sent On An Errand From V.I. To Ikorodu Ends Up In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience With V.I.O Officers In Collaboration With Nigeria Police by soloehis(m): 2:15am On Aug 29, 2022
Nigeria Police Force I wish to draw your attention to the harassment and extortion by your men in collaboration with vehicle inspection officers (V.I.O) Along owerri elele Road.
On 13th of August 2022, at about 10:30 am
I was stopped by a police officer ,about 15 km into the Journey from owerri , ,
only for the police officer to hand me over to a VIO officer for proper check of document and vehicle inspection..along side with other motorist.
At first I bluntly refused to hand over my car document to the ViO officer who I know doesn't have the right to inspect my car/check my paper on a federal road..
.I was advised by the officer to obey a constituted authority..that even in Abuja VIO does that. Which I later obliged since all my document are intact.
After inspection, after the inspection ,
they booked 22,500 for not having two caution sign.. i showed them that I had two but they said that one of the caution sign is bad, that I only had one good one.
They requested I hand over my car keys to them.. which i initially refused..and they started deflating my four tyres..I had no choice than to give them the keys..i brought this to the knowledge of the policeman who stopped me ,to let him know of the injustice he said i should take them to court...After 3 hours delay I was made to part with 5,000 naira..why other cars were made to part with 20,000 naira..each.
All these happened right in the presence of your officers.
The essence of this is to save other innocent Nigerians of this harassment and extortion..
Thanks in anticipation
Re: My Bitter Experience With V.I.O Officers In Collaboration With Nigeria Police by libertyfather(m): 3:11am On Aug 29, 2022
Police teach them, any thing for money? Police know how to prosecute you
Re: My Bitter Experience With V.I.O Officers In Collaboration With Nigeria Police by Thomthom(m): 9:49am On Aug 29, 2022
Why do this men on Uniform don't know that it is not easy to get money...
Re: My Bitter Experience With V.I.O Officers In Collaboration With Nigeria Police by headbasher96(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
vote tinubu 2023

(1) (Reply)

Two Months Old Baby Amputated: Father Broke The Hand / Why Was He Deported / Husband Catches Pregnant Wife In Bed With Pastor While Surrounded By Fetish Item

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.