Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy (51247 Views)

65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) / Okada Rider Who Fled After His Wife Gave Birth To Triplets, Comes Home. Photos / McCaughey Septuplets: Lady Who Gave Birth To 7 Children 21 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by XploraBen(m): 6:20am On Aug 29, 2022
According to a miraculous yet shocking report, 24-year-old Bailey Ennis gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby boy with the help of a sperm donor. But what's shocking about it is that she did it by purchasing an artificial insemination kit costing only £25, which is equivalent to just over 2K in India.

The young woman from England seems to have been "desperate to be a mum" and "didn’t have a desire to be in a relationship". Following the artificial insemination, she became pregnant in October 2021 and welcomed her son, named Lorenzo, on 2nd July 2022.

Bailey is currently a single parent and says that she "couldn’t be happier".

“Having a baby by myself is the best thing I have ever done. Being a mum is wonderful and I am so happy I decided to go it alone.

“I’ve wanted to be a mum since I was a teenager and as a lesbian, I always knew it would need to be via artificial insemination. I didn’t have a desire to be in a relationship. I just wanted to have a baby.

Lorenzo is amazing and looks just like me," she expresses.

The 24-year-old shares that she wasn't looking for any particular features, while searching for a donor. " I just wanted someone trustworthy and as healthy as possible,” she said.

“I found someone who had a healthy medical record and had been a donor for two others before for two LGBTQ couples.

“I found my donor and we WhatsApped and met up for a coffee before both agreeing he would be my donor. He has agreed to be my donor for as many children as I would like.

"I wanted to have blood-related siblings,” she adds.

The cost of a single artificial insemination cycle or (IUI) intrauterine insemination with a partner's sperm is high. While legal, it can burn a hole in a person's pocket. Although private transactions are discouraged due to safety measures, Bailey seems to have taken the risk and is now a single mum.

https://m.timesofindia.com/life-style/parenting/getting-pregnant/a-24-year-old-uk-woman-artificially-inseminated-herself-with-a-25-online-kit-gave-birth-to-a-baby-boy/articleshow/93638608.cms

2 Likes

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Currentblog: 6:24am On Aug 29, 2022
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
This nearly 50 years old woman
Is 24
Abeg reprint your post,
O.P

177 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Candidlady: 6:25am On Aug 29, 2022
sad

Of all things? boy child undecided

Weeping for her already cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

What's wrong with a boy child?
Or don't you have a father?

227 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Presidential1: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Your father naa female child... Abi you just wan show your other side

171 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by robinso01(m): 9:57am On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Boys must have do you wetin ur mouth no fit talk. I wish you more

176 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Jammey6551(m): 10:19am On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Your pússy lacks good preek, that's why you're always sad.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by ednut1(m): 11:33am On Aug 29, 2022
This is why their society is getting scattered by the day. Imagine a child not knowing his father and finding out its from a donor. Na there mental illness dey start

248 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by meobizy(f): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Wait till she realizes the need for a father. Many of her type full England searching for random men to daddy their kids. The worst are whites who had children for black men. Those ones hound African men day and night. Tufia!

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Mindlog: 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2022
No husband, no boyfriend.....a lesbian becoming a mother as she so chooses. wink

2 Likes

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by slawomir: 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
Damnnn niggar

There is no surprising thing here or miraculous thing

A fertile sperm can fertilize a egg even if it is inserted with ordinary hand
As far as the woman is on her ovulation period

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by kayuseful: 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
I think children have a right to an available father too
Mothers shouldn't just decide how they want to have a baby and make themselves happy, without thinking of what effects their actions will have on the baby

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by othermen: 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Let the men rejoice, sex is not just for procreation.

However what is the cost intimacy gadgets?

In the end, what men would offer would primarily be in protection and companionship.
Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by MorataFC: 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by MorataFC: 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
This gender doing everything to make men more irrelevant in this world. angry

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by LaSenior: 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
cheesy
Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Daniel058(m): 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
Why not get married instead of doing artificial insemination

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by latolz: 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
SELFISH.. THE CHILD WILL ASK FOR THE FATHER EVENTUALLY

5 Likes

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
Shocking
Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Daniel058(m): 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

so you pray never to have a boy child?

Can we say Amen on your behalf?

When all your female children have gotten married and you are Old hope you won't be expecting ur in laws to release their children to come and be with you?

Maybe you don't even want to Get married talk more of having children self .

11 Likes

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by DropsMic(m): 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
White people
Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by DivineDynamics: 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
God's ways remain the best ways.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by Mokason288(m): 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
DivineDynamics:
God's ways remain the best ways.
Can you please remind me how JESUS came into this world?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by otomatic(m): 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
You be lesbian but God dash you a boy child. Isn't that wonderful?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by mbahdi(m): 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
Good
Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by africandollar: 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
This is totally absurd! You can't choose to be a lesbian yet desire the fruits that rightfully comes with a heterogenous relationship! That's cheating, so long you don't respect the relationship btw a man and a woman then means you see no need to have a child.

There should be a law banning gays or lesbians from procuring children through artificial insemination, I would rather they have it through proper knacking...yes, maybe by the time when dem enjoy the knacking e go done cure their lesbianism grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy by harmony75: 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
Congratulations she's a smart lady ❤️

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jealous Wife Thinks Her Husband's Regional Manager Is His Side Chick (Video) / Malawian Journalist Accuses His Wife Of Being A Witch (Photo) / Fighting Couple Fall From Third Story Balcony(pics,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.