Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike (2132 Views)

ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary / ASUU Divided Over Strike Suspension, Holds NEC Meeting / Breaking News!! ASUU Embarks On An Indefinite Strike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by 9jaBlogger: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2022
Baring any last minute change, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) will on Monday (today) declare a full blown, total and indefinite strike, CAMPUS GIST reports.

Recall that National Executive Council (NEC) of the striking university lecturers met yesterday to decide on whether to continue the strike which is currently in its sixth month or call it off.

ASUU embarked on strike on February 14, 2022 and has extended it several times due to its inability to reach substantial agreement with the federal government.

CAMPUS GIST had reported how ASUU branches held their congresses nationwide recently, and majority voted for another rollover or an indefinite strike.

A meeting of the National Executive Council of the striking lecturers started in Abuja on Sunday, and lasted into midnight at the ASUU national headquarters at the University of Abuja.

Amid anxiety amongst students and parents, ASUU is expected to brief media this morning on its final decision on whether to continue its industrial action that entered the 196th day on Monday (today).

A member of the NEC, who did not want his name in print because he is not the union’s spokesman, noted that most local congresses voted for strike extension.

“We expect nothing less. Most of the congresses voted for an indefinite strike. The NEC takes decisions based on the reports from branches,” he said.

Another member said, “I can confidently tell you that the majority of ASUU branches across the country voted for an indefinite strike. Over 90% voted for an indefinite strike.”

When contacted on the telephone, ASUU National President, Professor Emmanuel Osodeke, told this Online Medium that the Union would address press any moment from now, declining further comments.

https://www.campusgist.com.ng/2022/08/29/breaking-expect-indefinite-strike-says-ASUU-nec/

Lala Seun Mynd4

1 Like

Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by PresidObi: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2022
Yes, since the APC led Federal government is anti education.

We will never again vote for APC or PDP in this country, they have bastardised out institutions.

Vote for Peter Obi.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by LibertyRep: 9:23am On Aug 29, 2022
What do they want to call the current ongoing strike? Partial or definite?
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by lonecatt(m): 9:23am On Aug 29, 2022
There is deliberate attempt to kill the government owned universities just as they did to the government owned primary and secondary schools.

My Advice

Parents who have the funds should take their kids to private universities .
Parents who do not have the funds for private universities should have their kids learn one handwork or the other, trading or what have you.
People like us went to the university, came out served a brother for another 5years in business trade and doing well successfully today.
Just remember to vote wisely by 2023
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by FreeStuffsNG: 9:28am On Aug 29, 2022
Expect indefinite strike during an ongoing indefinite strike? undecided
Sounds more like tautology. Just state that ASUU strike continues wink

The moment ASUU pushed for full pay after locking the universities for half a year, they made it all about their pay and ASUU lost in the court of public opinion.

Sincerely, with the mood of the nation, even if they have meetings every day, once the outcome of their meetings is not a resolve to resume work, their news is considered stale. Most Nigerians believe it is immoral and unjustified to pay ASUU salaries after months of strike. Why work when I can always be paid my full pay after months on strike.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by NigeriaIsGreat: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2022
PresidObi:
Yes, since the APC led Federal government is anti education.

We will never again vote for APC or PDP in this country, they have bastardised out institutions.

Vote for Peter Obi.
YOU CANNOT SILENCE ME WITH TRIBALISM OR NEPOTISM!!!

REPACKAGING PETER OBI?

If no be say person get strong mind na so dem wan repackage Obi give person.

Obi of 13months doctors strike in Anambra. 13!
Obi of Akwuzu SARS. Unalloyed ter**rorism
Obi that did not employ teachers in Anambra for 8years
Obi that did not develope Awka in 8 years
Obi that did not employ civil servants in Anambra for 8years
Obi that his driver was caught with 250m cash in Lagos
Obi that does not own any investment in Anambra, no supermarket, no warehouse

Obi of massive kid*napping.
Obi that ordered the ma*ssacre of arm*less MASSOB protesters in 2006 & 2013 and had their dead bodies thrown into the Ezu River.
Obi of 6months Anambra State Univ strike.
Obi of 7 years unpaid salaries for State Water Board workers. 7years. 260 of them died.

Obi of Pandora papers. Opening secret businesses abroad with his kid's name while he was governor. Dem catch am red handed

Obi of 7years no LGA election. 7years!
Obi of no IGR growth.
Obi of no signature infrastructure. Non!
Obi anti-infrastructure.
Obi wey carry state money put for family business.

Obi importer of groceries for over 30years driving down naira value. He Couldn't metamorphose into production like Dangote , BUA, Adeleke etc
Revd Barr Christian Nwachukwu

- Asari Dokubo
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by jumper524(m): 9:46am On Aug 29, 2022
At this point, the student representative should also make a demand to ASUU.
This should be the final time they should go on strike cos students are also big loosers and if ASUU are asking for for salary arrears for months they didn't serve, who would refund students their four months rent that was wasted?
We can't keep looking as ASUU and FG keeps playing with the future of our students in this their endless strike that they keep embarking.
What are NANS for, are they no longer functional?
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by 9jaBlogger: 10:24am On Aug 29, 2022
Lala Seun Mynd4
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by Mystic216: 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2022
They should kuku not resume this year again
Useless government
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by sarahkel: 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
cry cry
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Rubbish. undecided
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by SNEFF: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
omo like this mass com. don use 7 years graduate, a failed system
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by UrProguy: 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
Ban ASUU Now grin

Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by ThankUUJesus: 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
Just in
FG has promised to pay ASUU 3 months salary as compensation.
Professor Osodeke talk say if them collect 3 months salary make them bend.
Adamu come talk say if ASUU see #1 again, make e kpai NANS come talk through phone call say, if FG and ASUU no settle their Mathias this night, sey if election hold next year make all students bend.

Nigerian students say if dem vote for APC and PDP make dem bend
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by ConsultSunkanmi(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2022
What’s your plan at this point?

Keep hoping and wishing that they call off the strike??

Well like they say…

Jesus comes like a thief in the night and I’m here just the same way…

Well ignorance is a disease and it's crazy that you can make as much as N50k by just selling digital products that people would die to pay you for and guess what? you don't even own these digital products...

Imagine selling just 4 units in a month. Do the maths yourself smiley

Crazy thing is with my guide... You can do this even if you have no prior experience about selling online but there's a catch...

This Online business is only for serious minded people ready to learn and most importantly implement.

You can't be my trainee and not get results! Never!

I recorded a short video few days ago that explains this business model in details, also revealed over 80+ digital products...

PSST... I revealed a digital product that can make you N50,000 on one sale made(don't tell anyone I told you) and most importantly how you can sell it even with no prior experience about selling online...

Curious to know how you can get access to this video isn't it? Well be curious no more...

All you've to do to gain access to this video is to Kindly pay close attention to this instructions:

Save the number on my signature wink first as Samson then go to your Green app(you know the one I’m talking about and search Samson...

You should see my profile then send the words : "Hi Samson, I saw your post on Nairaland and I'm very much interested in this Online business. My name is [your name here]"

You sending the message to my text message just because you're lazy is like you wanting stress me out for trying to put you on(you know exactly where to send this exact words to)

If you don't follow these instructions... Don't expect a response from me and moreover...

If you're too lazy to follow these instructions then maybe this Online business isn't for you in the first place.

Good luck to those who don't sleep on this.
Re: NEC Meeting: ASUU Embarks on Total, Indefinite and Full Blown Strike by Adonis69: 12:48am On Aug 30, 2022
Ije uwa

(1) (Reply)

Gce Candidates(waec,neco & Nabteb) / 500-Level Covenant University Student Dies In Swimming Pool / How To Apply For Shell Scholarship In Nigeria -JAMBITES APPLY HERE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.