Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together (545 Views)

Abdulsalami Apologises To Southern Leaders On Miyetti Allah / Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup / Restructuring: Southern Leaders Barred From Flying To Makurdi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by motif8(m): 10:44am On Aug 29, 2022
What the north are planning should not be allowed to materialise. There is urgent need for the southern political leader, sociocultural leaders and elite to come together now or presidency may reside in the north forever.

I told someone in 2014 that the effect of the northerners ambush on Jonathan may not leave our political space anytime soon. Some of our brethren who gave them the ideas did not extract more commitment from them and now we are about to have northern president after PMB.

Wether we like it or not, we will have people in the south to give Atiku votes, but can we get same from them with the look of things. They are burning brooms and decamping in droves, and we all know it is time for southern presidency. Who among the northern politicians or elite will accept 16 years of southern presidency? I listened to Shettima and Amosun leaked conversations and shettima said they will do everything to keep power in the north and they are on the project now.

I have not seen the south putting effort to thwart the move of the north to retain power in 2023. I have watched one Igbo man working hard on AIT to sell Atiku, how many northerners are working to sell Obi? Maybe I am not on ground in the north. How many is selling Tinubu in the north? We can continue to deceive ourselves down the south here. We are the one naming our politicians the name the north will use for campaign, we are the ones calling obituary, we are the one calling Tinubu, when we should be forming alliance within ourselves to will election.

The division here is what the north is enjoying. And they are helping us with more fuel to keep the fire of division burning.

We lost the primary in PDP because of division down the south. We managed to sail through in APC, but the north are moving out to other side and the campaign will be that APC is bad because they have ran it down with poor governance, everywhere is bleeding and they are waiting for Tinubu to campaign against Buhari and the hell will be let loose, if he says he will continue from where Buhari stopped, he will meant banditry and kidnapping and terrorism will continue. It is a very serious issue.

Can we have a candidate and drum entire southern support for the person? What do we need to do to have this? This is a million dollar question. If this puzzle is not unraveled, watch how kwankwanso will move back to PDP should Atiku win and become another candidate on the rule that the ticket should be thrown open for contest and they use their political Landscape that has be skewed to favor them in primary election to produce candidate and the trend will continue.

I am just trying to point out the danger ahead
Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Moh247: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2022
I am supporter of Bola Ahmed Tinubu but the North should vote their choice... This is what true Democracy is about

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Asgard73: 10:56am On Aug 29, 2022
North is not dividing anyone...

Coming together to protect dia zone is what is dividing the south..

The south is insecure and politically naive ..

The greatest shock after 2023 will be IPOB and Obi supporters banking on Benue and “Jos” town to win block votes

Like in 2019.. both states still went Apc after all noise in herdsman and wiping communities.

Only this time .. they will replace Pdp with Apc ..
north have always presented a united front .. and 2023 is not An exception

Atiku is the incoming President.. e sure

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by motif8(m): 10:58am On Aug 29, 2022
Asgard73:
North is not dividing anyone...

Coming together to protect dia zone is what is dividing the south..

The south is insecure and politically naive ..

The greatest shock after 2023 will be IPOB and Obi supporters banking on Benue and “Jos” town to win block votes

Like in 2019.. both states still went Apc after all noise in herdsman and wiping communities.

Only this time .. they will replace Pdp with Apc ..
north have always presented a united front .. and 2023 is not An exception

Atiku is the incoming President.. e sure

My question is will the north take southern presidency for 16years?
Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by KingKO22: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2022
Yeeebow will still betray the amalgamation of the Southern leaders

They only sabi politics of hate and frustration from the yeast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Kagd10: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2022
Moh247:
I am supporter of Bola Ahmed Tinubu but the North should vote their choice... This is what true Democracy is about

Democracy is each region should start ruling themselves. That's the true democracy.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by motif8(m): 11:01am On Aug 29, 2022
Moh247:

So you will be okay if the pendulum swing in the favour of Atiku because that is democracy? And not southern and northern rotation?
Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2022
He who comes to equity must do so with clean hands.
OBJ 8yrs
Osibanjo 8yrs.
u still wan contest in 2023, u say d north shld not contest, why?

E beta make e continue with NORTH than 4 SW/TINUBU to take it. It is not a must that every Igboman will support Obi....this is democracy bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Asgard73: 11:06am On Aug 29, 2022
motif8:

My question is will the north take southern presidency for 16years?

Question not relevant

Till the south .. get there.

Power to the people
North 2023

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Moh247: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2022
Kagd10:

Democracy is each region should start ruling themselves. That's the true democracy.

Are each region and state of the federation not ruling themselves

The o.p gave a valid point but since Ibos and South South lost PDP ticket to Atiku, even Wike getting betrayed , Labour party don't have National reach, it's a contest between Tinubu and Atiku and may the best man win

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by sweetonugbu: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2022
There is nothing like southern nigeria, what we have is north.east, west.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by David160(m): 11:25am On Aug 29, 2022
motif8:
What the north are planning should not be allowed to materialise. There is urgent need for the southern political leader, sociocultural leaders and elite to come together now or presidency may reside in the north forever.

I told someone in 2014 that the effect of the northerners ambush on Jonathan may not leave our political space anytime soon. Some of our brethren who gave them the ideas did not extract more commitment from them and now we are about to have northern president after PMB.

Wether we like it or not, we will have people in the south to give Atiku votes, but can we get same from them with the look of things. They are burning brooms and decamping in droves, and we all know it is time for southern presidency. Who among the northern politicians or elite will accept 16 years of southern presidency? I listened to Shettima and Amosun leaked conversations and shettima said they will do everything to keep power in the north and they are on the project now.

I have not seen the south putting effort to thwart the move of the north to retain power in 2023. I have watched one Igbo man working hard on AIT to sell Atiku, how many northerners are working to sell Obi? Maybe I am not on ground in the north. How many is selling Tinubu in the north? We can continue to deceive ourselves down the south here. We are the one naming our politicians the name the north will use for campaign, we are the ones calling obituary, we are the one calling Tinubu, when we should be forming alliance within ourselves to will election.

The division here is what the north is enjoying. And they are helping us with more fuel to keep the fire of division burning.

We lost the primary in PDP because of division down the south. We managed to sail through in APC, but the north are moving out to other side and the campaign will be that APC is bad because they have ran it down with poor governance, everywhere is bleeding and they are waiting for Tinubu to campaign against Buhari and the hell will be let loose, if he says he will continue from where Buhari stopped, he will meant banditry and kidnapping and terrorism will continue. It is a very serious issue.

Can we have a candidate and drum entire southern support for the person? What do we need to do to have this? This is a million dollar question. If this puzzle is not unraveled, watch how kwankwanso will move back to PDP should Atiku win and become another candidate on the rule that the ticket should be thrown open for contest and they use their political Landscape that has be skewed to favor them in primary election to produce candidate and the trend will continue.

Tinubu should collapse structure and work for obi.
Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by David160(m): 11:26am On Aug 29, 2022
KingKO22:
Yeeebow will still betray the amalgamation of the Southern leaders

They only sabi politics of hate and frustration from the yeast.

Yoruba's are the ones that voted for Buhari in 2015 and 2019

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Kagd10: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2022
Moh247:

Are each region and state of the federation not ruling themselves

The o.p gave a valid point but since Ibos and South South lost PDP ticket to Atiku, even Wike getting betrayed , Labour party don't have National reach, it's a contest between Tinubu and Atiku and may the best man win

No, Power is at the centre. Every region should control their resources.

No reason why people who contribute the least resources should be ruling the country TBH. Not just that but the audacity to want to field another Northerner despite an outgoing Northerner. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by AntonVince: 11:41am On Aug 29, 2022
motif8:

Great!
Everyone should close ranks then and rally behind Peter Obi.

Besides the need to ensure justice and fairness, he is by far the best we’ve got for 2023.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Truthisunique2: 11:43am On Aug 29, 2022
Me I even like it like this

Since 2007 Igbo have been forcing the Igbo woman called peter obi on Nigerians, what Happened to moghalu since

Must we buy ethnic project

Yoruba forcing tinubu ethnic project too, what happened to adesina

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by NigeriaIsGreat: 11:44am On Aug 29, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
E beta make e continue with NORTH than 4 SW/TINUBU to take it. It is not a must that every Igboman will support Obi....this is democracy bro
YOU CANNOT SILENCE ME WITH TRIBALISM OR NEPOTISM!!!

REPACKAGING PETER OBI?

If no be say person get strong mind na so dem wan repackage Obi give person.

Obi of 13months doctors strike in Anambra. 13!
Obi of Akwuzu SARS. Unalloyed ter**rorism
Obi that did not employ teachers in Anambra for 8years
Obi that did not develope Awka in 8 years
Obi that did not employ civil servants in Anambra for 8years
Obi that his driver was caught with 250m cash in Lagos
Obi that does not own any investment in Anambra, no supermarket, no warehouse

Obi of massive kid*napping.
Obi that ordered the ma*ssacre of arm*less MASSOB protesters in 2006 & 2013 and had their dead bodies thrown into the Ezu River.
Obi of 6months Anambra State Univ strike.
Obi of 7 years unpaid salaries for State Water Board workers. 7years. 260 of them died.

Obi of Pandora papers. Opening secret businesses abroad with his kid's name while he was governor. Dem catch am red handed

Obi of 7years no LGA election. 7years!
Obi of no IGR growth.
Obi of no signature infrastructure. Non!
Obi anti-infrastructure.
Obi wey carry state money put for family business.

Obi importer of groceries for over 30years driving down naira value. He Couldn't metamorphose into production like Dangote , BUA, Adeleke etc
Revd Barr Christian Nwachukwu
Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Osariemen12: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
Anything can be Nigeria president but Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by ItsTutsi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
I'm a northerner and I'm voting Tinubu, just like many! It seems the SW are getting agitated because of recent media frenzy about northerners burning broom and decamping.. all that is propaganda, APC as the ruling party, they will always be at the back foot because buck of the problems stops at their table!!

But it doesn't mean anything!! 2019 Atiku was all over pulling crowds but couldn't even get 20%in kano.. Tinubu will definitely get 35-40% in the north! Ppl are being deceived by crowd
Moh247:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Owopariola001: 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Since 2007 Igbo have been forcing the Igbo woman called peter obi on Nigerians, what Happened to moghalu since

If you don't play, you don't win.

Nobody is going to give Adeshina or Moghalu a free ticket, this is not an arranged marriage where the bride can be given to an eligible groom just for looking "handsome."

Anyone that wants to become Nigeria's President must work for it.
Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Truthisunique2: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
Owopariola001:

If you don't play, you don't win.

Nobody is going to give Adeshina or Moghalu a free ticket, this is not an arranged marriage where the bride can be given to an eligible groom just for looking "handsome."

Anyone that wants to become Nigeria's President must work for it.
Obi was a sidechick to Atiku the last time he has never worked for any presidency the way moghalu did repeatedly

Obi only left PDP seeing Atiku would be forced to choose a gov as VP this time

So why did Igbos not stand by moghalu since that is not apc, they keep pushing Obi like a Messiah on the throat of nigerians

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by motif8(m): 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2022
Truthisunique2:

We are talking about what we have presented already, we have Tinubu, Obi, sowore, Dumebi and co. Can we form alliance and go to this 2023 election with one candidate to checkmate the north? I see nothing wrong with any of the candidate. My issue is I just don't like Muslim Muslim ticket. And the north that forced it on Tinubu just want things difficult for him.

Let's leave that aside, is Atiku the best that the north can produce? But what they do is to rally round their own, why are we this divided ? And have seen people saying it is better to have power reside in the north. Well I hope we will not come and be eating this vomit after 2023
Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by Truthisunique2: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
motif8:

We are talking about what we have presented already, we have Tinubu, Obi, sowore, Dumebi and co. Can we form alliance and go to this 2023 election with one candidate to checkmate the north? I see nothing wrong with any of the candidate. My issue is I just don't like Muslim Muslim ticket. And the north that forced it on Tinubu just want things difficult for him.

Let's leave that aside, is Atiku the best that the north can produce? But what they do is to rally round their own, why are we this divided ? And have seen people saying it is better to have power reside in the north. Well I hope we will not come and be eating this vomit after 2023
tinubu forced muslim Muslim on himself not north

He did same in 2015 because he doesn't give a hooth about majority southernerns who are christians

Atiku should jejely take charge
Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by motif8(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2022
ItsTutsi:
I'm a northerner and I'm voting Tinubu, just like many! It seems the SW are getting agitated because of recent media frenzy about northerners burning broom and decamping.. all that is propaganda, APC as the ruling party, they will always be at the back foot because buck of the problems stops at their table!!

But it doesn't mean anything!! 2019 Atiku was all over pulling crowds but couldn't even get 20%in kano.. Tinubu will definitely get 35-40% in the north! Ppl are being deceived by crowd

This is the type of post that deceive us in the south, by the time this fellow will switch camp, then the user name will change. When the spokesman for northern elders forum first hinted on north having another term because PMB did not perform well, I thought it was a joke until it started manifesting.

The south is happy that they are fighting themselves and call it democracy and the north is well prepared to rip us off.

Watch how Tambuwal stepped down for Atiku and the south still have many slogging it out with themselves. Ah
Re: 2023 Election: Southern Leaders Need To Come Together by ItsTutsi(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
I don't owe u any explanation, I don't know u and ut a nobody to me!! Just like there are northerners that will vote for Atiku, there are northerners that will also vote for Tinubu.. don't worry, campaign will start soon and you will see the crowd Tinubu will pull in the north
motif8:

This is the type of post that deceive us in the south, by the time this fellow will switch camp, then the user name will change. When the spokesman for northern elders forum first hinted on north having another term because PMB did not perform well, I thought it was a joke until it started manifesting.

The south is happy that they are fighting themselves and call it democracy and the north is well prepared to rip us off.

Watch how Tambuwal stepped down for Atiku and the south still have many slogging it out with themselves. Ah

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Avenging Colleagues Killing Invade Rivers Community / Who Will Answer This Question? / 2023 Election: The dream I had.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.