Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement (1009 Views)

OSUN 2022: Old Man In His 90s Says He Has Been Voting Since The Awolowo Era / Open Grazing: Asaba Declaration Exposed North’s Failed Leadership – CNG / Northern Youths Issue Buhari 30-day Ultimatum To Implement Ruga Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Biodun556(m): 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
Culture of almajiri and herdsmen should stop

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Biodun556(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
Cast system where some youths are herdmen while some will remain almajiri should be abolished totally. The results is insecurity and we have seen enough

It is totally against Islamic rules
Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2022
Exactly
Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
But Tinubu has turned half of the yoruba youths in Lagos to his slaves and beggers

Go to Kwara, it is survival of the fittest. Hunger everywhere
Take a look at the picture below and you will be moved to tears

Nigerians deserve better

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Biodun556(m): 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
But Tinubu has turned half of the yoruba youths in Lagos to his slaves

What do you know? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by fman(m): 9:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
Jennifer663:
Exactly
Elaborate your point please!
Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
Biodun556:

What do you know? undecided
There is hunger in Yoruba land

2 Likes

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Biodun556(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

It is good to be exposed. Which Nigerian tribe do you belong?
Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Sannisege: 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

And there are unknown gun men in Igbo land. Care more about IPOB and ESN that are whipping your parents to stay at home on Mondays. Or shey dem born your papa well make him commot him house on Monday?

4 Likes

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Biodun556(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
Sannisege:
And there are unknown gun men in Igbo land. Care more about IPOB and ESN that are whipping your parents to stay at home on Mondays. Or shey dem born your papa well make him commot him house for Monday?

grin

They enter Lagos everyday with poly bags

1 Like

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
Biodun556:

It is good to be exposed. Which Nigerian tribe do you belong?
I am Nigerian ..

I won't play tribalism with you
Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Biodun556(m): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

I am Nigerian ..

I won't play tribalism with you

And you're castigating Yorubas

Mention your tribe Don't be afraid

1 Like

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Biodun556(m): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW PETER OBI CABINET WHEN HE WAS THE GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE AND WHERE ARE THEY NOW POLITICALLY...

*LOOK AT TINUBU's CABINET AS GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE..

*LAI MOHAMMED* Chief of Staff from Kwara.

*YEMI OSINBANJO,* Attorney General from Ogun.

*WALE EDUN*,Finance Commissioner from Ogun.

*DELE ALAKE* Commissioner for Information from Ekiti

*RAUF AREGBESOLA* Commissioner for Works from Osun State.

*BEN AKABUEZE* Commissioner for Budget and Planning from Anambra State.

*FEMI LANLEHIN, SA* from Oyo State.

*AUTHUR WORREY* Commissioner for Lands from Delta State.

*HON. JAMES ABIODUN FALAKE*, third term Federal House of Representatives member, Representing Ikeja Federal Constituency - From Kogi State.

To name a few.

*For the eight years that he ruled Lagos*
He hired several guys to work with him. Apart from using them to work in his government, he also groomed them politically.

*Twelve years down the line* , see where those Tinubu guys are today -

1. PROF YEMI OSINBANJO, SAN was Tinubu's Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.
He is today, Nigeria's Vice President.

2. *RAUF AREGBESOLA* was Tinubu's Commissioner for Works. Today he is a Minister after serving 8 years as Governor of Osun State.

3. *"BABATUNDE RAJI FASHIOLA SAN* was Tinubu's Chief of Staff. Today he is a Minister of works after 8 years as governor of Lagos State.

4. *ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED* was Tinubu's first Chief of Staff and Commissioner. Today, he is a Minister of Information.

5. *BABATUNDE FOWLER* was appointed by Tinubu as Chairman of the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service. He was the immediate past Federal Inland Revenue Service Executive Chairman in our country.

7. *SUNDAY DARE,* was SA/ COS to Tinubu, today he is a Minister for sports.

8. *BABAJIDE SANWO-OLU* was Tinubu's Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, he is now Governor of Lagos State.

*At the National Assembly* there are countless "Tinubu boys" who have occupied and are still occupying seats till today including N0 4 citizen of Nigeria, *Speaker, House of Reps*

Since 1999, the Tinubu camp has produced almost 98% of the members of the National Assembly from Lagos State. Forget politics, this man is a political enigma. Rewind to 1999, I am sure most of us have forgotten the names of the People who were elected Governors when he was elected governor too, some of them have gone into political extinction or gasping for breath politically.

Indeed, most of them are no longer relevant today.

Tinubu has not only managed to remain extremely relevant, he has continued to control Lagos politics 100%. Not only that, he manages to carry his boys along and today they occupy critical positions in our national life.

Take it or leave it, Tinubu is today, Nigeria's most powerful politician. It didn't just happen by chance. He worked very hard for it. Very very hard. The hallmark of a true and Born leader is not just the ability to rule well but also the ability to nurture and groom associates.

Tinubu is not like some other politicians in Nigeria, He is a goal getter.....

There is nothing he touches that doesn't excel.

- *NADECO*, He fought the Military to a Standstill.

- *AD excelled,*

- *ACN excelled* and

- *APC is excelling.....*

- *TVC* is one of the top TV stations in Nigeria.

*The Nation* is one of the leading newspapers in Nigeria, thereby creating Employment to many people.

- *He makes people,*

- *He follows up on them.*

- *He forgives routinely,*

- *He fights to teach not to kill*

- *He is a Pillar of Democracy,*

- *Mentor of great men*

*Please,Tell me* or Name a Politician that has this Records since more than 3 Decades ago.

*J-A-G-A-B-A-N is a great man politically...... is A JAGABAN OF NIGERIA ��

Excellent!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by femisplash: 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
But Tinubu has turned half of the yoruba youths in Lagos to his slaves and beggers

Nigerians deserve better
NaijaRoyalty:

Look at Anambra women below, Obi has turned your mothers to beggers as starvation has become a way of life in iboland.

2 Likes

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by ArewaNorth: 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Biodun556:
Cast system where some youths are herdmen while some will remain almajiri should be abolished totally. The results is insecurity and we have seen enough

It is totally against Islamic rules

90% of Northern leaders today are from poor family and product of free education.
Who were the parents of Buhari, IBB, Atiku, Abdussalam, TY Danjuma, Murtala, Aliyu Gusau among others? Among the past and present Northern Governors beside Sani Bello, Ali Modu Sherif, Umaru Musa Yaradua tell me other Governor whose father was rich or prominent/elite in the North before they become Governors. Tell me if beside Yaradua there is other President from the North whose father was rich or very prominent.
Today, the Emirs, kings and other traditional rulers are bootlicking and become very sycophants so that they can survive on the mercy of children of masses they so much overlooked. Go and see how Kwankwwso dealt with Ado Bayero how Late Abubakar Rimi dealt with Ado Bayero, how Sule Lamido dwal with traditional institutions, go and read about the exemplary Political struggle of Mallam Amknu Kano and how it shaped the current political system and atmosphere in the North by extremely dealing with traditional rulers snd elites. Read about NEPU: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Elements_Progressive_Union
Please, you southerners need to respect yourself by rejecting these non-existing lies peddle to you in deep ignorance about the Northern elites and their masses. I concede that adherence to culture and conservative nature of Northern population is responsible for what you can't understand from far. For a herder, cow is his god and can't trade the system for anything. Almajiri system gave birth to Abdussamad Rabiu BUA, Muhammad Indimi and Dangote lineage among most North business tycoons, infact most northern business men above 60yrs in most markets in the north are products of almajiri system.
Those years, the conservative Northerners believed that only through almajiri system can children dedicate their time and focus in their studies and help build children to become resilient and hardworking.
The ruling class that whites mate were traditional rulers, and their children are now servants of rulers who emanated from poor homes. Go and learn the education status of Northern Nigeria prior to independence and how rich men and traditional rulers refused to send their children to school and feign by using children of poor after being forced to send their children to school and end up being ruled by their old servants.

Sardauna was the most hated in his family and had access to education before struggle for independence exposed him to struggle that only educated people are needed which gave him edge over his most loved brothers at Sultan palace.

When whites who were all Christians came to Nigeria as colonial masters, more than 80% of Northerners could read and write using Arabic letters (Ajami) but the intention of whites to imposed English on the North suffered serious resistance due to so many reasons.
The resistance caused delay for the acceptance of Western education in the North for so many decades as a result of the suspicion of their attempt to force Christianity on the North unlike their illiterates counter parts on some parts of the south who had no both religious and formal education.

Pls read widely and stop being dogmatic!

1 Like

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Biodun556(m): 1:56am On Aug 30, 2022
ArewaNorth:

90% of Northern leaders today are from poor family and product of free education.
Who were the parents of Buhari, IBB, Atiku, Abdussalam, TY Danjuma, Murtala, Aliyu Gusau among others? Among the past and present Northern Governors beside Sani Bello, Ali Modu Sherif, Umaru Musa Yaradua tell me other Governor whose father was rich or prominent/elite in the North before they become Governors. Tell me if beside Yaradua there is other President from the North whose father was rich or very prominent.
Today, the Emirs, kings and other traditional rulers are bootlicking and become very sycophants so that they can survive on the mercy of children of masses they so much overlooked. Go and see how Kwankwwso dealt with Ado Bayero how Late Abubakar Rimi dealt with Ado Bayero, how Sule Lamido dwal with traditional institutions, go and read about the exemplary Political struggle of Mallam Amknu Kano and how it shaped the current political system and atmosphere in the North by extremely dealing with traditional rulers snd elites. Read about NEPU: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Elements_Progressive_Union
Please, you southerners need to respect yourself by rejecting these non-existing lies peddle to you in deep ignorance about the Northern elites and their masses. I concede that adherence to culture and conservative nature of Northern population is responsible for what you can't understand from far. For a herder, cow is his god and can't trade the system for anything. Almajiri system gave birth to Abdussamad Rabiu BUA, Muhammad Indimi and Dangote lineage among most North business tycoons, infact most northern business men above 60yrs in most markets in the north are products of almajiri system.
Those years, the conservative Northerners believed that only through almajiri system can children dedicate their time and focus in their studies and help build children to become resilient and hardworking.
The ruling class that whites mate were traditional rulers, and their children are now servants of rulers who emanated from poor homes. Go and learn the education status of Northern Nigeria prior to independence and how rich men and traditional rulers refused to send their children to school and feign by using children of poor after being forced to send their children to school and end up being ruled by their old servants.

Sardauna was the most hated in his family and had access to education before struggle for independence exposed him to struggle that only educated people are needed which gave him edge over his most loved brothers at Sultan palace.

When whites who were all Christians came to Nigeria as colonial masters, more than 80% of Northerners could read and write using Arabic letters (Ajami) but the intention of whites to imposed English on the North suffered serious resistance due to so many reasons.
The resistance caused delay for the acceptance of Western education in the North for so many decades as a result of the suspicion of their attempt to force Christianity on the North unlike their illiterates counter parts on some parts of the south who had no both religious and formal education.

Pls read widely and stop being dogmatic!

In your assessment, is right to reduce innocent children to almajiri beggers?

Why can't we make parents responsible for their children instead of abandoning them with a Mallam that will enslave them.

It will be easier for terrorists to recruit abandoned and hungry children let's face reality.

Almajiri is an act of institutionalizing poverty that we are facing the consequences now.

Remember that this hungry children called almajiri were the ones that brought coronavirus to the North leading to death of thousands of people.

1 Like

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Penguin2: 2:32am On Aug 30, 2022
I’m Igbo.

But after making my researches and listening to their interviews, I can tell you authoritatively that Awolowo was the most intelligent of the three of Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo himself.

If he ever got to rule Nigeria, our trajectory would have been different.

But he had a flaw - he was tribalistic.

1 Like

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by ArewaNorth: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2022
Biodun556:

In your assessment, is right to reduce innocent children to almajiri beggers?

Why can't we make parents responsible for their children instead of abandoning them with a Mallam that will enslave them.

It will be easier for terrorists to recruit abandoned and hungry children let's face reality.

Almajiri is an act of institutionalizing poverty that we are facing the consequences now.

Remember that this hungry children called almajiri were the ones that brought coronavirus to the North leading to death of thousands of people.

I can see how you reduced the blame from elites/rich Northerners to abandoned parent's responsibilities which I'm pleased with. I never and can never support the almajir system but I made it clear that it's conservative Northerners who are adhering to the tradition that still attach themselves to the almajiri system. The tycoons from the region I quoted is just an effort to give you reference of how even the accused passed through the same system.
Some leaders are just afraid of their political career that is why they refuse to abolish the system.
The system is completely corrupted and not at all how it used to be. In the old system, the almajiris go to school and read 3 times a day; morning, afternoon and evening and begging was never part of the system. However, now instead of schooling, they roam around begging and can easily be a target for social vices. Note: The word “Almajiri” is derived from the Arabic “Al muhajirun”, “an emigrant”. It usually refers to a person who migrates from his home to a popular teacher in the quest for Islamic knowledge. This is the basis of the Almajiri system in what became Northern Nigeria.
Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by caye(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2022
Penguin2:
I’m Igbo.

But:
Nnamdi Azikiwe and Sadauna were not tribalistic?

1 Like

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Nigerians deserve better
why ikpeazu keeps sharing kerosene with a tuber of yam in alaigbo
Poverty thrives well in alaigbo

1 Like

Re: The Awolowo Advice That The North Failed To Implement by ibechris(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
Penguin2:
I’m Igbo.

But after making my researches and listening to their interviews, I can tell you authoritatively that Awolowo was the most intelligent of the three of Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo himself.

If he ever got to rule Nigeria, our trajectory would have been different.

Yea...he was and the worst of it all was Sardauna.

(1) (Reply)

Labour Party Brags With High-profile Peter Obi Endorsements / Sokoto APC Laments, Curses PDP As More Members Defect / It's Shameful Soludo Is Charging Obi On Investment Not Embezzlement — Sir Udensi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.