Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Cleanest City In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cleanest City In Nigeria (13175 Views)

Poll: Vote for the cleanest Nigerian city:

Calabar: 46% (80 votes)
Abuja: 29% (51 votes)
Port-harcourt: 5% (9 votes)
Enugu: 4% (7 votes)
Sokoto: 0% (1 vote)
Zaria: 0% (1 vote)
Jos: 2% (4 votes)
Warri: 1% (2 votes)
Owerri: 4% (7 votes)
Bauchi: 0% (0 votes)
Jos: 5% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by DarkNight1(m): 8:09am On Feb 26, 2006
@ TexasLonghorn and Hotstepper

Yall need to get a ROOM cool

p.s wink cool pic hotstepper, you gotta turn a brother on to some Nnewians! (Nnewians, kinda creative, )
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by DarkNight1(m): 8:11am On Feb 26, 2006
oopps,
My City aint on the list man, Dissapointed.
Anyhow, its wasnt clean , not even for one day, but its a solid,solid place 2 grow up, Ben City gots Mad Luv.
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2006
@Dark_Night, room huh, we were just hitting up da place, Nnewians, hahaha search 4 one in ur neighbourhood, we r everywhere tongue, 10x 4 ur compliment
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by cabali(m): 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2006
calabar is the cleanest without a doubt, has always been then duke took it 5 notches higher! for cleanest, i repeat, calabar is the plazile
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by IBBFan(m): 11:11pm On Feb 26, 2006
i hav a sis wu skuls in calabar n i'v heard endless gud things bout d area.

i giv up 2 CALI. PH shld cum nxt in lyn.

1 luv y'all
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by brushparke(m): 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2006
truely i don't think this is an issue.If you have ever been to calabar, you'll know this voting session in not necessary.Can any where in Nigeria be cleaner than Calabar?
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by thelma2(f): 3:38pm On Feb 27, 2006
hey people i think the cleanest city is Onitsha, Opps! sorry thats a slip of the finger , i meant to say Calabar anyday anytime.
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by KINGKONG(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2006
Men what of Akwa Ibom? Akwa Ibom is one of the cleanest
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by thelma2(f): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2006
no wonder you're King Kong. pleeeeeeeeeeeeese men! Akwa Ibom is a Jungle
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by cabali(m): 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2006
Akwa ibom is a waste of land
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by tipsy289(m): 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2006
Its Calabar, they keep the place clean,Donald Duke is doin well, Abuja is also tryn as for other places, not 2 sure.
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by dblock(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2006
Jos is pretty clean sept for the markets
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by techie(m): 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2006
I served in Calabar I tripped and fell in love, still tripping now still in love!
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by Chxta(m): 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2006
Calabar based on that list, but personally I think it is Owerri,
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by techie(m): 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2006
@Chxta I lived in owerri for 7 long years and I know what Douglas road looks like everyday believe me u wont find such in Cal. Cal is not just the cleanest on that list of options believe me it would come out tops on any other list of contestants.
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by ocho(f): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2006
@Chxta: ture that! Owerri is pretty clean! I've been there, i know! cool
i voted for Jos sha grin and it has just 6.7% of the votes? angry angry
The rest of the places i no sabi them oo! i mean i haven't been to them!

what is Warri doing on that list? shocked
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by IBBFan(m): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2006
@ocho

4rm which part of naija u 4rm cum 4rm? abi u no kno dat 1 again?
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by ocho(f): 11:48pm On Feb 28, 2006
i'm from IMO cool cool cool cool cool and of course i sabi am, na im make i talk say Oweri dey clean too cool
Bauchi too try for cleaniness sha, even J-town(JOS).
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by cabali(m): 9:08am On Mar 06, 2006
why wud someone in his right sense mention owerri? what is wrong with u peeps huh?

i guess u dont know what clean means, pls take a trip to calabar and be embarrassed at ur post!
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:19am On Mar 06, 2006
Pictures, people! Let's have pictures to back up your claims!
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by cabali(m): 11:33am On Mar 06, 2006
when i get there, i will definitely get photos.
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by rhino: 4:05am On Mar 10, 2006
U may shout or moan but i will vote Abeokuta.i lived most of my life there before moving to the european capital of dirt(liverpool) and i think its much more cleaner than many other cities in the country that i've been to.
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by ocho(f): 6:31am On Mar 10, 2006
@cabali: To answer your earlier asked question, someone in his/her right senses will mention owerri becasue first of all they are in their right senses and secondly, because the place really is clean.well, most of it anyways!
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by cabali(m): 7:21am On Mar 10, 2006
@rhino

u have not obviously not travelled far enough so u may need to add that too so we dont take ur post very seriously

i have been to abeokuta and calabar, in calabar any where u r placed, take a 2km walk in any direction, u will not find a trash of 'pure water' satchet

can u say so for abeokuta? nope. Abeokuta just has a clean tarred road leading to the town, after that, it is back to the real deal!

the efiks are generally neat that is why the could maintain the cleanliness initiated by the highly civilized goovernor
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by cabali(m): 7:30am On Mar 10, 2006
@ ocho

u obviously dont know what it means for a town to be neat, i dont mean when the G.R.A. is neat o i mean the entire town, i have been to owerri, i have been to and stayed in about 16 states in the country I consider myself authority in this I have been to all the states nominated on the list except sokoto.

Owerri is NOT neat, u need to be in calabar and o,

why do i bother, u put canada as ur location, then why do u argue with those in the country, thats that bullshit right there
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by ocho(f): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2006
cabali:

why do i bother, u put canada as your location, then why do u argue with those in the country, thats that bullshit right there
and you just had to there didn't you? *shakes her head* So becaue i reside in the canada you jut assume that I know nothing about Nigeria? c'mon now! just so you know,(not that you care) I grew up in Nigeria and though i haven't been around Nigeria that much, I know quite enough about it to argue with whomever. So please, don't go making baseless assumptions about me!!!
So back to the topic, as much as i hate to admit it, you were right! Owerri isn't that clean after all. My mum who stayed there for the longest time confirmed that.I guess i'll say i've only been to the clean parts of the city! so there, you happy now?
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by loriann(f): 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2006
dont think u can get a cleanest
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by itoco: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2006
well what u guys are saying is wrong,none of u have been to UYO before that why u are mentioning wrong cities as the cleanest city,try uyo and see.u will never wanna go back,though i am not there but uyo is the cleanest city in Nigeria,is otherwise called SMALL LONDON.
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by itoco: 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2006
u must include Uyo before i vote.
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by itoco: 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2006
men uyo is the cleanest city in nigeria,and we have good places here like ibom plaza and the rest so uyo is the cleanest.note that
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by IBBFan(m): 4:21am On Apr 14, 2006
many fine places in nigeria are referred to as small london. uyo doesn't make it any extreme unique form.
Re: Cleanest City In Nigeria by angelu(f): 11:59am On Apr 15, 2006
we all know its Abuja! hello obj lives there!Abuja to me is the cleanest joint.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is More Beautiful? Lagos Or Abuja / Why Are Middle Class Nigerians Relocating To Canada? / FG Tasks NAIRAXI, Others On Interventions In Transport System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.