Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,396 members, 7,958,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK (17187 Views)

Fidelity Bank Announces 100% Acquisition Of Union Bank UK (Photos) / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
These reporters self, it is well known fact that Union Bank has been sold to Titan Trust since.

It is the latest phase in the train of divestments by the latter which, beginning late last year, saw Union Bank offload 90 per cent of its shareholding to a new owner, Titan Trust.

It means the Titan Trust acquired the 90% stake then and Fidelity Bank will be taken the remaining 10%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by GamalNasser: 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
Don't confuse me
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by annyz: 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
Obi legacy
The future is here
Vote wisely
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Irupetepete:
with you or with Fidelity or with union?
I'm fine thanks

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by sukkot: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
whatttt
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by OgaDeyVex: 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by micflo28(m): 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
Does that mean Union bank of Nigeria is now under fidelity?
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by Roger3D(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi's legacy.

I see Nigeria becoming the best country in the world when Peter Obi wins. In fact if Peter Obi wins every Nigerian would automatically make Heaven, I see fuel, diesel, kerosene, gas and engine oil falling down to their old prices, I see bandits, IPOB, Boko Haram disappearing mysteriously, I see world bank and China forgiving us our debt like in the days of Obsanjo.

I see Nigeria becoming great again.

This I have seen.
Falsche!
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by saintrow1: 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi's legacy.

I see Nigeria becoming the best country in the world when Peter Obi wins. In fact if Peter Obi wins every Nigerian would automatically make Heaven, I see fuel, diesel, kerosene, gas and engine oil falling down to their old prices, I see bandits, IPOB, Boko Haram disappearing mysteriously, I see world bank and China forgiving us our debt like in the days of Obsanjo.

This I have seen.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by Lorayne(m): 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
mespusinglez:
UNION BANK SUPPOSE DON GO EXTINCT NA
fixed the charging port?
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by galantjoe(m): 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi's legacy.

This I have seen.

I am happy that you mentioned OBJ name with good legacy. From history of Nigerian presidents, OBJ still remains the best performing one. However, many people see him as an evil man yet history is good for him. Nigerians are aLWAYS having misplaced priority. they believe more on social media hypes than realities.
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by sparko1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi's legacy.

This I have seen.

The problem of Nigeria can't be solved by one person, it require the collective responsibility of everyone including me and you.

The youth for example have to change their mindset, no more Yahoo yahoo or ritual yahoo, no more get rich quick mentality, no more malpractice, we need to start PAYING OUR TAXES, OBEY THE RULES OF LAW, NO MORE TRIBALISM, NO MORE SELF INTEREST.

YOU THINK WE CAN DO THAT? This is not a movie, though it is important to choose the right person, the job is not for one person alone, we all have to agree to change.
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by samuelgodson(m): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by slowice(m): 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2022
Fidelity bank no be small bank again oo
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by Merondu(m): 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
4teenblaq:
I am running both fidelity and union bank accounts with the same phone number.. Will the two accounts merge into one?

Oga check the top before you comment.they said union bank uk as against union bank nigeria.do you have account with there uk subsidiary ?if yes then you can contemplate what you are asking otherwise na Titan trust go be your new baby.
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by 4teenblaq: 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Merondu:

Oga check the top before you comment.they said union bank uk as against union bank nigeria.do you have account with there uk subsidiary ?if yes then you can contemplate what you are asking otherwise na Titan trust go be your new baby.

Oooo pardon me for that.. I thought is union bank Nigeria.
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by 27Pushing30: 4:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi's legacy.

This I have seen.

A bank, A public LLC, headquartered in Lagos is Peter OBI's legacy? indeed ZOMBIEdients don't think.
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by 27Pushing30: 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
galantjoe:

I am happy that you mentioned OBJ name with good legacy. From history of Nigerian presidents, OBJ still remains the best performing one. However, many people see him as an evil man yet history is good for him. Nigerians are aLWAYS having misplaced priority. they believe more on social media hypes than realities.

OBJ who ordered killings of innocent villagers? who bribed and where it failed used EFCC as his personal attack dogs?

funny how dull my fellow africans can be
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by highbee02: 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ah! When I wanted to open an account last year I asked " I hope this HORSE will not run away when it sees plenty money?" They were laughing at me and said NO.

Now the horse will soon run away
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by pinkygurl(f): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
INTEGRITYA1:
These reporters self, it is well known fact that Union Bank has been sold to Titan Trust since.

It is the latest phase in the train of divestments by the latter which, beginning late last year, saw Union Bank offload 90 per cent of its shareholding to a new owner, Titan Trust.

It means the Titan Trust acquired the 90% stake then and Fidelity Bank will be taken the remaining 10%
Correct grin

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by Stanislause94: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi's legacy.

This I have seen.
you saw well ma nigga cool
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by grandstar(m): 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
This shouldn't be much of a problem.

Foreign banks operating in the UK expect their branches to run as a separate entity to those in their home country. This should make digesting the UK branch easy
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by mespusinglez(m): 5:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Lorayne:
fixed the charging port?
AYE!
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by Truvelisback(m): 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
God1000:
Union Bank has been around for long, wishing them all the best
They have now been swallowed by Fidelity.
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by Truvelisback(m): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
We are Fidelity. We Keep Our Word!
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by Toratora: 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
For better operations I guess.
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by ekenetheorg(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
4teenblaq:
I am running both fidelity and union bank accounts with the same phone number.. Will the two accounts merge into one?

They are buying UK branch, not Nigerian branch
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Jflex07:
Shebi no be Obi get the highest share for this Fidelity Bank?

Don’t know, but he was the youngest chairman f the bank. Led them to the moon
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by chrisvic007: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
Illiterate children of perdition fail to comprehend the information properly. What Fidelity bank is PROPOSING to buy is a branch in London.

In Nigeria, Union Bank ( now called Titan bank) is solvent enough to acquire Fidelity bank.

Too many illiterates on this forum. Nonsense.
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by DEBUU: 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
4teenblaq:
No. It will still be separate accounts but in one bank.
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by ceejay80s(m): 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
Fidelity Bank is buying union bank Nigeria or union bank UK?
Wetin Una dey talk
Re: Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK by princewarri1985: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2022
Islie:

Fidelity Bank will be acquiring Union Bank UK 100 per cent if the deal goes through.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/551410-breaking-fidelity-bank-seals-pact-to-buy-union-bank-uk.html
WTF! Fidelity bank buying union bank when it ought to be the other way round?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Any Online Biz That Can Pay Directly Into My Bank Account? / How Can I Make Money Online Direct Into My Bank Account In Nigeria? / 16 Transaction Types Exempted From CBN’s Cybersecurity Levy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.